Blank Canvas

Noodlehead   Blank Canvas sewing

1. Thread Rack and Lace Rack – Northern Wall, 2. Fabric storage, 3. Craft Central, 4. New corner in the craft space, 5. Sewing Room, 6. sewing table – handmade accessories, 7. Where the crafting happens Trois, 8. Getting Organized: Yellow, 9. sewing table

I’m sure you’ve run across many blogs with new years resolutions and cleaning/organizing sprees.  I really admire a neat and organized house, and now a neat and clean sewing area (see above as my inspiration).  I’ve spent the past few days cleaning and doing a little organizing, but to no avail.  Nothing is really different and I’m still wondering how I can carve more time out of the day to sew.

Then, this morning — it hit me.  I called up my husband “can we turn the guest bedroom/sewing room into a play room for the kids?” His reply “that’s a great idea and a great use of that space, go for it!”

So I moved out the bed that rarely sleeps any company (most of our relatives live somewhat close by).  Maybe this will be the answer, maybe I can find a few more minutes in the day to sit and sew with the girls with me, coloring, playing, painting right along with me. And now I have this wonderful blank canvas.

Noodlehead   Blank Canvas sewing

I’m so excited with all the possibilities is has.  I love our little old house and it’s big windows, I love this sunny happy room and can’t wait to make it shine.

Noodlehead   Blank Canvas sewing

Of course, I also have this little mess to contend with.  hehehe (insert nervous laugh here).

12 Responses to Blank Canvas

1. Care 01.15.2010 at 1:29 pm #

Brilliant!! A play room for all of you! :o)

2. Mari 01.15.2010 at 2:24 pm #

That’s fantastic and I have to gloat…My mess beats yours by a long shot!!! Somehow my craft room turned into a store all during the holidays and I’m now trying to un-bury it!!! LOVE the inspiration pics…Really have to work on that!!!
    by the way…Sad I didn’t win in the SMS contest but happy to share that I’m hosting a giveaway of my own now. check it out if you’re interested. http://www.choochmagooz.blogspot.com
    Happy cleaning! and then PLAYING!

3. Leslie 01.15.2010 at 3:23 pm #

how exciting to have a fresh room…empty but full of possibilities!! i love your inspiration photos…alas i am about to put my sewing table right back in the middle of my living room!!!

4. Calico Road 01.15.2010 at 3:54 pm #

I too am in the middle of organizing my craft room, so thanks for the inspiration photos. I love the look of your new space, I’m sure it will work perfect for you!

5. Vanessa 01.15.2010 at 5:22 pm #

oooooohhh. . .fun! i love organizing,etc, especially is a nice, empty room! I’m thinking that pretty blue up there would be awesome on the walls and ikea will be the place to go for anything you need. can’t wait to see lots of ‘after’ photos.

6. Lynette 01.15.2010 at 10:54 pm #

Have fun organizing! You’re blog is great and I gave you an award over on my blog…check it out here: http://getyourcrafton.blogspot.com/2010/01/for-me-really_14.html

Lynette

7. kirstin & jordan 01.15.2010 at 11:11 pm #

love the blank canvas, can’t wait to see what you do with it!

8. jess 01.16.2010 at 2:19 am #

ooh~!! how fun! love a blank slate! that’s what sadie’s new room is like right now…it’s so exciting. can’t wait to see what you do with it. :D

9. Kelly O. 01.16.2010 at 8:48 am #

Hi there!
    I nominated you for an award over on my blog!
    you don’t have to accept it or anything–just know that I enjoy reading your blog and that it makes my day!
    Kel

10. Kari 01.17.2010 at 12:21 am #

Your mess makes me feel better about mine. :) Enjoy making the room a new space!

11. Marina 01.18.2010 at 8:05 am #

Ooh lucky lady! What a fabulous blank canvas. I wish I had one of those!

12. Anna 02.01.2010 at 7:02 am #

Sorry for all the comments :) I’m catching up on all my blogs after the holidays… This must be so exciting. We are hoping to do the same thing with our spare/rumpus room in the next couple of months and at the moment it looks way scarier then your little mess :) Hope it’s going well. Can’t wait to see the finished product!