Tutorial: Messenger Bag from Cargo Pants

Want to make one of these?
Noodlehead   Tutorial: Messenger Bag from Cargo Pants tutorial sewing tutorials bags wallets zips
From a pair of these?
Here’s the tutorial!
Materials:
1 pair cargo pants (from the going to Goodwill pile of course)
1/2 yard lining material
bias tape (store bought or make your own)
thread
{1/4″ seam allowances throughout}
Getting started…
Take your pair of cargo pants and cut the inseam of each leg of the pants up to the crotch area.  Cut straight across the leg of the pants in either direction.  This should give you enough fabric to work with, you’ll have two large pieces to cut your exterior bag pieces from.
Cut the bag exterior pieces:
  • front flap (this is where the cargo pocket comes in handy – cool pockets you don’t have to sew!) 10″ wide x 13″ tall, round the corners by tracing the edge of a small bowl (or roll of tape in my case)

• front and back of bag 10.5″wide by 11.5″ tall

• side gusset (cut 2) 12″ x 2.5″

• bottom gusset 11″ x 2.5″

• strap 44-52″ long by 2.5″ wide (leaving this measurement up to you on the length, whatever you feel comfortable with)  I ended up piecing my strap together because I didn’t end up with a piece long enough.

Cut the same size pieces from the lining material.  I used a fat quarter to make the bias tape and part of the lining (gusset) on my tan cargo pant bag.
Make the strap by placing the long pieces right sides together, sew down each side.  Turn tube of fabric right side out with a safety pin.  Press.  Topstitch down both sides about an 1/8″ from each side.  Set strap aside.
Now make the front flap. Put the exterior flap piece and lining flap piece WRONG sides together. Take the bias tape and attach it along the sides and bottom of the flap. Set aside.
Assembling the lining: Take gusset pieces (2 sides and a bottom) and sew the short ends together.  Sew one side piece to the bottom piece and then the remaining side piece to the other side of the bottom piece.  Sorry, I guess a picture is worth 1,000 words here.
Lay your connected gusset pieces right sides together on top of the front of the bag piece, pin, sew.  The tricky part is the corners.  Stitch down the right side until you get about 1/4″ from the bottom of the bag, lift your presser foot and tuck the gusset fabric to the left side, then turn the fabric 90 degrees and continue stitching the bottom part of the bag.
Lay the back of the bag down and set the front/gusset piece on top, pin in place.  Stitch the gusset to the back of the bag just like you did to the front.
Make the exterior just like you did the lining of the bag.
Assembling the bag:  Turn the exterior of the bag right side out.  Place the exterior of the bag into the lining so that they are facing RIGHT sides together.  Place the strap with RIGHT sides facing the exterior {making sure not to get the strap twisted} onto each side of the gusset.  And finally, place the front flap RIGHT sides together with the exterior of the bag.  Pin all in place.
Stitch all around the opening leaving a 5-6″ opening for turning.  Pull bag through the opening.  Push lining into bag exterior, press around the top edge making sure to tuck in the raw edged from the opening.
Topstitch around the entire opening of the bag.  You’re done!  Now stick some books and your wallet in the bag and you’re ready to go!

113 Responses to Tutorial: Messenger Bag from Cargo Pants

1. Claudia 01.11.2010 at 1:46 am #

Thank you so much. This is absolutely phantastic and I must try it next time I find some old jeans. And I am sure my grown-up children, preferably the boys will like such a bag. A super idea! Greetings from Germany and thanks for sharing!

2. Khris 01.11.2010 at 3:32 am #

Thanks for the great tutorial…I have put a link to you on my freebies blog if that’s okay…Khris

3. Sonja, Queen of Crafts 01.11.2010 at 6:25 am #

Great idea for reusing old cargo pants. Now, where did I leave mine???

4. katevet 01.11.2010 at 6:27 am #

Oh my. That’s so smart! I’ll have to make one real soon! Thank you!

5. sew obsessed 01.11.2010 at 7:07 am #

Thanks for the tutorial. I can’t wait to make one, now where did my husband leave his cargo’s!!

6. Lynette 01.11.2010 at 7:51 am #

I love this…I’m going to ask my hubby today if he has any old cargo pants he needs to get rid of :)

7. Claudia 01.11.2010 at 9:49 am #

Love it!! I can’t wait to try it. Thanks for posting the tut

8. Lynette 01.11.2010 at 9:49 am #

Oh, and do you mind if i feature this tomorrow on my blog? Thanks!!!

lynette
    getyourcrafton.blogspot.com

9. Leslie 01.11.2010 at 10:59 am #

this is such a great idea!!!. so cute and such a great way to re use something. hmmm…now i am going to have to hunt down a pair around here so i can make one.

10. Jane 01.11.2010 at 12:07 pm #

Fantastic! Thank you for the great idea! I may even make my son one out of his camo pants – he always needs something to carry his toy weapons and ammo..

11. Wendymoon 01.11.2010 at 1:15 pm #

This is all kind of fabulous, in a why-didn’t-I-ever-think-of-that sort of way! Great idea, can’t wait to rip into some pants and get this going.

12. kkh 01.11.2010 at 1:31 pm #

I knew I was saving those old cargo pants for something! The pockets are just too cool to trash.

13. Jenifer 01.11.2010 at 2:06 pm #

This is so cool! I have a bag of my hubby’s old cargos that I just couldn’t throw away. Now I know why!
    Thanks so much for the tute!

14. steffany 01.11.2010 at 2:50 pm #

This is great! You have some fantastic ideas, thank you for sharing.

15. Deanna 01.11.2010 at 4:25 pm #

I LOVE this idea! I’m so going to make some!

16. Brenda 01.11.2010 at 10:06 pm #

Very cute bag. Can’t wait to try it.

17. Sachiko 01.12.2010 at 12:07 am #

This is so awesome! You do such a nice job Anna!

18. jess 01.12.2010 at 2:45 am #

super cute!

19. Kip 01.12.2010 at 6:29 am #

That is awesome !

20. Melanie Gray Augustin 01.12.2010 at 8:11 am #

Brilliant! And to think, I just put aside a pair of cargos that can’t be worn anymore knowing that I might find something cool to make from them. Now I know what that something is! Thank you!

21. Rachel 01.12.2010 at 12:49 pm #

This is amazing! I might be digging in my husband’s closet for a pair… shhh.

22. Helby 01.12.2010 at 3:54 pm #

That’s fantastic. I love not letting anything go to waste. I just asked my b/f if he’s willing to give any up.

23. Ally 01.12.2010 at 6:44 pm #

I love the idea. I went ahead and gave it a shot today but I made it out of my hubbys ACU cargo pants…heres the link

just thought I would share

24. Tiffanee 01.12.2010 at 7:00 pm #

Darling! I love it. I think I may have to hit the Goodwill to find a pair of cargo pants just for this project. Thanks for sharing!!

25. AprilDawn 01.12.2010 at 7:43 pm #

Great Idea! I made myself a purse from my boyfriend’s cargo pants a year ago, too! But your messenger bag is cuter!

26. Kimmy C 01.12.2010 at 10:35 pm #

Very cool – I’ll have to give this one a try.

I have a tut for a purse from corduroys on my blog! :)

27. Liz 01.13.2010 at 11:19 am #

This bag looks great. Thanks for the tutorial!

28. Christina 01.14.2010 at 12:36 am #

Awesome! I need to find a pair of cargo pants now!

29. Jinny Newlin 01.14.2010 at 9:52 pm #

I just finished my bag! I love this! Thanks so much for sharing the idea. I’ll try to get it posted to my blog, so you can see, tomorrow. Thanks again! Awesome!

30. Zarinaia 01.16.2010 at 4:28 am #

Thanks for sharing this awesome tut! I’ve linked your post in my blog.
    Eleonora

31. julie 01.19.2010 at 12:33 pm #

This is such a cute bag! I’m trying to come up with something to use up all of my husband’s work khakis. Unfortunately, they don’t have cool pockets on the outside like yours do.

32. steffany 01.20.2010 at 7:33 pm #

I love this tutorial, I featured this with a bag that I made using your idea. Thanks for sharing.

33. Kay 01.28.2010 at 5:58 am #

Hi there!

I write a weekly craft blog for Craft Candy, a craft consortium based in Sheffield, UK. I am pleased to inform you your messenger bag tutorial was featured in our round-up of beautiful things (‘Museround’) on a ‘Satchels’ theme. You have been fully credited for your work and we have provided links to your blog. You can see the post, and your featurette, here http://www.craft-candy.org/blog/?p=710, and see the weekly updates here at the Craft Candy Blog http://www.craft-candy.org/blog/.

Thank you very much for your inspiring creativity!

Kay (lilidrawspictures)

34. littlecumulus 02.03.2010 at 3:50 pm #

So flippin cool. I can’t wait to make one! :D

35. Tiffanee 02.03.2010 at 4:40 pm #

I love these. You are so GOOD!! I have now made 4 of them and I am dying to find some more cargo pants so I can make more. I am addicted!!! Thanks so much for sharing. The tutorial it awesome.

36. Chowz Creations 02.03.2010 at 11:53 pm #

Very cool! Anxious to give this a try.

37. Riece 02.06.2010 at 12:25 am #

Hi there. I found your blog through MADE’s Celebrate the Boy month, and saw this tutorial and fell in love! I made my daughter one tonight, and have plans to make my son one soon, too. Thanks for the fabulous tutorial.

If you’re interested, I blogged it here:

38. Punky 02.06.2010 at 1:07 am #

Great Tutorial!

I love making bags out of old clothes! Typically I use shirts, and I just started selling them on etsy! It’s so fun!

39. ba and the boys 02.08.2010 at 5:38 pm #

just got some cargos today-will let you know how they turn out!

40. jan ~ tomatobaby 02.08.2010 at 7:22 pm #

I might re-think my idea of giving away some of my children’s pants now that I saw you over on Today’s Creative Blog! :oD Great concept on re-using, re-purposing, re-cycling. Am thrilled to see that you offer a tutorial. Thank you for writing the instructions…I know how taxing that sometimes can be.

Keep up the creative work and fun blog! ~j.

41. SarahB 02.09.2010 at 12:47 am #

Love this! It’s now on my must sew list! :)

42. ~Crystal~ 02.10.2010 at 2:18 am #

Love it! I just tried it myself, without the lining though. Thanks for the great idea! I posted about it on my blog: crafty-mamacita.blogspot.com
    And linked back to you too. Just so you know. :)
    Thanks again!

43. the thrifty ba 02.17.2010 at 4:40 pm #

makinf this right NOW. but i have a question…how do you make your own bais tape?
    thanks-thethriftyba@yahoo.com

44. the thrifty ba 02.19.2010 at 7:51 am #

thanks for your help! here is mine…http://thethriftyba.blogspot.com/2010/02/good-news-bad-news.html

45. haighfamily1 03.05.2010 at 1:07 pm #

Wow! This is awesome! I’ve been wanting to make messenger bags for my kids for our summer road trip (West Virginia, Penn, and Wisconsin!) and fill with games, puzzles, small toys etc. This is the perfect size bag. thanks!
    Emily

46. Steffi T 03.10.2010 at 9:42 pm #

Thanks for this! I am totally going to make one this weekend. I posted it on my blog today. http://perfectlyupcycled.blogspot.com/

47. Tamara 03.29.2010 at 4:06 pm #

Thanks for the tute. I made a smaller bag posted here on my blog:

48. Surf Jewels 03.31.2010 at 2:50 pm #

Love it, looks great, I see quite a few others have made this 2. Gunna make one soon.

Hannah
    Handmade Jewellery

49. Surf Jewels 04.02.2010 at 3:41 pm #

I have made it now. Love it, looks totally cool, better than I thought it would.

There were a few tricky bits with the pattern and I was a bit worried when it was all inside out in layers and I had to sew it all together. Thought I might turn it out back through the hole and find that the flap was on wrong or the strap was inside out, but it wasn’t, it was all fine. Even making my own bias binding worked!! Thought that could have gone wrong too, but didn’t.

So pleased with it, thanks for the pattern. I have wanted to make my own bag for some while, but thought it might b too fiddly and difficult. But this was fine.

I’ll add a pic to my blog soon. Just gotta do a couple of finishing touches to it first- mayb a button?!

Thanks again.

Hannah.
    Handmade Jewellery

50. Surf Jewels 04.04.2010 at 12:49 pm #

Check out the pic of the bag I made from this pattern, very happy with it, thanks once again.

Hannah.
    Handmade Jewellery

51. growingfree 04.12.2010 at 7:15 pm #

Thank you so much for this tutorial!
    I just made my first bag and have a few more planned :)

52. Jessica Guthrie 04.26.2010 at 9:10 am #

I love messagenger bags and this absoloutelty adorable, now if I only knew how to sew! Stopping over from Craft Project Ideas. http://www.miamamiah.com Have a wonderful week and I am so glad I found your Blog!

53. inday_adin 05.12.2010 at 7:26 pm #

thanks for sharing! I think I have some pants somewhere that I don’t wear anymore and would be perfect for this. :) Clever! :)

Adin B

54. Ashley Welling 06.21.2010 at 12:22 am #

Love the Tutorial! I bought some cute Cargos from Old Navy like 4 years ago and I never fit into them. They have the cutest cargo pockets on them. I have now found a good use for them!

55. pongrac15563 06.24.2010 at 2:32 pm #

I just made one of these bags for my laptop! Thanks for the wonderful tutorial! I modified the pattern to fit my laptop and I use the front pocket to hold the power cord…very clever idea!

56. muralimanohar 07.16.2010 at 2:05 pm #

Oh, perfect! Now I can make a tote to match the water bottle carrier I made with the OTHER leg!! :p

57. Marisa 07.20.2010 at 11:36 pm #

This idea is genius! I can’t wait to try it. My hubby better lock up his cargo shorts. :)

(Love your header, by the way! I love kids’ people drawings.)

58. NANA KID 08.09.2010 at 7:14 am #

wow it’s really nice ,,, good work

59. Jessica 11.16.2010 at 1:04 am #

I am so anxious to try this with a pair of camo pants I got @ the thrift store for 25 cents. Military prints are supposed to be very in this winter :)

60. Demand More 01.06.2011 at 11:37 am #

Love this template! In fact I have some old cargo pants in the goodwill pile and now I think I may have to dig them out :) I have been looking for new craft ideas to showcase on CraftSpy.com, I would love if you checked it out and posted this template there. It’s a free show case for craft bloggers to post their templates. I’m just getting started so I would LOVE any feedback!

61. tamm 02.03.2011 at 1:57 pm #

perfect project for that pair of cargos that’s just a wee bit too small (but I just can’t get rid of!!) Fantastic project & tutorial… Thanks!

62. toni 03.03.2011 at 7:36 am #

Thanks for the great tutorial. I based a bag for my boys on it–they’re always asking me to make bags for them! I wrote about here and linked back to your tutorial (hope that’s ok)…

63. Tara 03.05.2011 at 12:27 pm #

Hi, I´ve used your tutorial and it worked very well. Thanks so much for sharing many wonderful tutes

64. Marisa 04.12.2011 at 5:39 pm #

I finally made my own HUGE cargo bag. Thanks for your inspiration! I’ve posted my photos on my blog and linked to this post. :)

65. Marcie 04.18.2011 at 10:57 am #

I made two of these yesterday for my boys to take to school. I loved them, and so do they! I made the strap shorter to fit my 4 and 5 year olds, and I used a $2 men’s shirt with cool pockets instead of pants. For the lining I used a pair of scrub pants I bought at a garage sale. For both bags, the fabric cost me $3. Woohoo :) Thanks so much for sharing this tutorial!

66. קרן 04.20.2011 at 3:45 pm #

Loved this… I made an army version and a flowery versin and blogged this here..

67. feelincrafty 04.23.2011 at 2:05 am #

What a great project! I love using the pants pockets. I included this in my link love today. Thanks for sharing!

68. Angie 05.17.2011 at 9:04 pm #

I made this today, and it’s so cute! I had a button-down shirt that none of my boys were ever going to wear, and I used it for the lining. It was an “outdoorsman” shirt with several pockets that wound up inside the bag, and even a back velcroed vent flap, which turned into an inside pocket for the bag. I’ll try to send pictures soon. Thanks for the idea!

69. Jenna 06.23.2011 at 10:21 pm #

Just made two of these amazing creations for my boys. Love! Thanks for the tutorial!

70. Shannon 06.24.2011 at 1:15 pm #

I am a big fan of patterns that use repurposed materials, especially clothes! :) I have added this link to my list of messenger bag patterns on my blog. Thanks for the great tutorial!

71. Jenna 07.12.2011 at 9:33 am #

Finally got my bags posted. Check them out here: http://www.delightingintoday.com/?p=499
    Thanks again!

72. Anonymous 08.02.2011 at 3:42 am #

For those curious about the Bias Tape, the pics look like the fabric is beautiful Contrasting-color binding, but cut on the straight grain of the fabric vs. on the bias. I think making true bias strips from a fat quarter could be a Crazy-making. Beautiful purse! The contrast fabric strips add so much.

73. Janey 10.08.2011 at 7:17 am #

Thanks so much for posting this! I’m new to sewing and wanted a army-type messenger bag to go with my Halloween costume. I followed your tutorial and it was so easy!

74. Cindy 12.28.2011 at 2:51 pm #

LOVE this tutorial. I made this bag for my daughter for Christmas. Not only does she adore it, but everyone is impressed that I made it (I don’t sew much). We plan to make these for all the girl cousins next year. And, my daughter had one suggestion – add an inside pocket which should be no problem at all.

75. cucicucicoo 01.18.2012 at 3:45 pm #

so cool! i’d love to give this a try! :) lisa

76. Alinda 02.01.2012 at 11:29 pm #

Just made this for my son from an old pair of Husband’s khakis with a blown out crotch and some boy scout material. Husband is a big guy, so the waistband was perfect for the strap. Great tute! Thank you!

77. Jackie M 02.06.2012 at 2:04 pm #

I just happen to have 2 pair of cargo pants that I’ve been saving in my work room that my husband just wants me to donate already! Now, I have something to do with them that I will definitely use!

78. NancyinSTL 02.25.2012 at 11:35 pm #

Thanks so much for this tutorial. I get so much joy from making useful things from thift shop clothing. I just completed an iPad messenger bag from your tute and it looks fabulous! For the lining and binding, I used a thrift store man’s striped shirt (size large) which yields more fabric than this bag requires. I used the left front pocketed side of the shirt for the front lining, so there would be a pocket inside. Also, I put the cargo pants’ pockets on both the front and back of the bag. The cargo pants were size 30W x 30L small, so I also had to piece the strap and did not have enough length to use the front pockets for the bag’s gussets. I’m really glad that I bought the cargo slacks, rather than the cargo shorts, at the thrift store for this project.

I’ll post a photo to Flickr by tomorrow.

Thanks again.

79. NancyinSTL 03.06.2012 at 1:34 pm #

I completed my second bag yesterday and photos are now posted on Flickr. Making these bags is addictive. Thanks for sharing your tutorial.

80. Creative Cook 04.17.2012 at 8:28 pm #

this bag was a very neat idea. I used the pocket at the seat of the pants for the back of the bag to add an extra pocket.

81. Mamima 05.27.2012 at 8:13 pm #

We”ve been waiting for an opportunity to make one of these messenger bag from cargo pants and know we made one as a birthday gift for our four years old boy.
    You can see the result here.

Thanks for sharing.

82. Anonymous 07.05.2012 at 12:01 pm #

Awesome tutorial! I made a bag out of an old pair of blue jeans that had a broken zipper. My mom and sister were asking for their own before I even finished!

Thank you so much!

83. Anonymous 07.16.2012 at 11:37 pm #

This is such a cute bag! I made one and really LOVE how it turned out!! The directions were easy to understand and my mom and I both love the turn out of the project! Thanks for the tutorial!

84. Anonymous 07.31.2012 at 8:05 pm #

For a beginner to sewing, your instructions were awful and not easy to follow. You need better pictures, too!

• Anna 07.31.2012 at 10:08 pm #

wow, okay. I always welcome emails with questions.

85. Claire 10.18.2012 at 4:09 pm #

that’s so cool and something i would actually use!

86. Emily 10.25.2012 at 9:22 am #

I loved this tutorial – as a beginner, I was petrified to try making a bag with a lining. The idea of using an old pair of pants and an old sheet for the lining and binding took a little of the edge off, but after prepping all the pieces I was emotionally invested!

I am so pleased with the results, even with the mistakes I made (didn’t put the strap ends far enough down between the pieces so I re-inforced with an added piece of pant material on the inside). I made a zippered pocket in the lining and added a loop of material along the lining seem on which to hook my keys.

Thank you so much for posting this, I will be using this pattern again!

87. SunflowerGirl 11.02.2012 at 2:09 pm #

This is really cute! Think I’ll make one to take to the county fair during the summer or if I’m checking out/returning library books. :)

88. Heidi Szczepanski 11.17.2012 at 8:10 am #

Very nice bag and great way to reuse some old cargo pants. Love the blog.
    Thanks for sharing.

Heidi
    Exede

89. sherril 01.14.2013 at 2:17 pm #

Hi, I must be the only one that is confused about the final stitching. The exterior goes into the interior lining with the wrong side of the lining facing out. The flap is sandwiched between the exterior and the lining. Hard to tell that it is sandwiched between from the description. OK, got that part. Now, the how are the straps pinned. Are they pinned to the outside of the whole sandwich? HELP

• Anna 01.14.2013 at 2:21 pm #

The strap will be sandwiched in between the lining and exterior bag assemblies.

90. Woodsong 02.01.2013 at 2:26 pm #

Very neat! Gotta add it to my project list!

91. Anonymous 03.28.2013 at 5:08 pm #

Love the idea, I make them with just a few changes I learned from Embroidery Library – use the waist band for the strap – use the belt loops on the inside for pen holders. Nancy

92. Hannah 04.17.2013 at 10:39 pm #

Quick n Easy! I put one together with an old pair of my husband’s cargo shorts and made it a bit larger because the pocket was so big … also, being short on fabric, I made my strap narrower and infused some of the gusset fabrics into it … I also made my exterior gussets match my pop of color on the front panel.

Cool!

93. Heilig's Hysteria 06.29.2013 at 11:20 pm #

I did it!! I’ve never been able to make anything lined before, but I did it!! Thanks a million!

94. gburnsed 07.11.2013 at 12:22 pm #

I followed your instructions to the letter and used a pair of cargo pants from the thrift store (I got 2 bags out of the one pair…they were size 40!). I put the back pocket from the pants on the back of the bag for an extra spot to store stuff. Thanks so much for the tute!

95. Anonymous 07.16.2013 at 7:11 pm #

I am fairly new to sewing and have a question for those of you who have done this before. I want to make my own bias for the outside edge of the flap. In her tutorial it looks like she’s sewing on a 2″ wide piece of fabric, not true bias. What have you chosen to do and how did you do it? Thanks a lot!

96. rupali thakur 01.03.2014 at 5:29 am #

Designer and founder Ella Vickers’ voyage to the Messenger bags creation of EVSC began aboard the sailing yacht Columbia, the first 12-meter vessel to win the America’s Cup.

97. Madhavi 03.09.2014 at 10:00 pm #

Thank you so much for this tutorial. I am new to sewing and I was a bit doubtful if I can do this! I tried and I am glad I did :-), I love my bag.
    I would love to share a pic of this with you. Can I email that to you?

Cheers,
    Madhavi.

98. Bobbie 03.14.2014 at 1:16 pm #

Just finished my purse from pants my daughter outgrew. Thanks so much for teaching me this. It came so cute. I’ll treasure it!

99. Betty Hendricks 03.19.2014 at 5:03 pm #

What a surprise to find this! A few days ago, I found a paid of cargo pants in the trash that my grown grandson had thrown away because the zipper was broken. I took them out of the trash and put them in my sewing room, thinking ‘surely I can do something with these.’ Now I know I can. Can’t wait to make the cargo bag. Thanks!

100. Ana T. Garcia 04.08.2014 at 2:58 am #

In regards to present day fashion, the fitness world has created a craze of certain items such as gym tank tops and yoga pants that are worn as casual wear by many people on a daily basis, whether they attend a gym or not.
    camouflage pants

101. kingloin 05.08.2014 at 3:15 am #

I knew this blog post was existed someplace. Thanks to post such articles. Will unquestionably be using it very soon.
    imp source

102. kalim kley 05.14.2014 at 12:53 am #

This text may be value everyone’s attention. How will I learn more?
    best credit repair services

103. Dave Jay 06.23.2014 at 1:18 pm #

I loved making this bag for my friend and she LOVES IT! Check out how it turned out when you get a chance (http://themaverickseamster.blogspot.com/2014/06/stepping-up-my-tote-bag-game.html). Thanks for the great tutorial!

104. anjila smith 06.27.2014 at 7:54 am #

Just saying thanks wouldn’t just be enough, for the fantastic fluency in your writing. Panasonic Arc 3 ES-LT71-S Review

105. Rebecca Lopez 07.12.2014 at 6:45 am #

This info you provided in the blog that was really unique I love it!!! Salwar kameez sale

106. Dave Jay 07.23.2014 at 9:11 pm #

You’ve really inspired me – Check out my new one!

107. Ann Clark 09.20.2014 at 12:06 pm #

This is so cool. My daughter just gave me four pairs of cargo pants she has worn out. She thought I would find something to do with them. Now I know what they are being used for. Thanks so much.

108. Button Counter 10.18.2014 at 12:12 am #

You have already seen this bag, Anna, but I wanted to post the picture links here so that others can see how fabulous this tutorial is. This is my first time making this bag, and it was very simple. Your instructions and pictures were spot on, and very easy to follow. Thank you so much for going through the trouble of sharing with the world your free and beautiful messenger bag pattern. Here are a few picture links from Flickr:

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. 20+ DIY Backpack Tutorials (child and adult styles) | Make It and Love It - 08.22.2014

[…] Messenger Bag from Cargo Pants by Noodlehead […]

2. 20 gifts to sew for teens (that they'll actually like!) + a giveaway - It's Always Autumn - 10.17.2014

[…] 19. Messenger bag made out of cargo pants from Noodlehead […]