up in the air

Noodlehead   up in the air sewing

I just had to make these two last backpacks.  I couldn’t help myself.  There’s no boy that they’re being made for, no special requests, just for fun.  Is that wrong?

Noodlehead   up in the air sewing

I just love being able to use up all these old khaki pants around here, now just to do more projects with them.

Noodlehead   up in the air sewing

I’m sure I’ll find some little boy to pawn these off on.  Maybe I won’t have to buy any boys birthday presents for a while.

Noodlehead   up in the air sewing

Meanwhile, I do feel kind of up in the air right now.  I’m really amazed/flattered by how many new followers and subscribers that joined Noodlehead recently.  I love it and I’m glad that you like the same stuff I like!  However, it is a bit intimidating I have to admit.  Nonetheless, I’m pushing on.  My to-do list is a mile long, the laundry is piling up, the tutorials in my brain are beginning to get crowded, and my husband has been missing me coming to bed on time.  Other than that I can’t wait to share a few things with everyone soon, including my new sewing/playroom.  Wahoo!

Noodlehead   up in the air sewing

29 Responses to up in the air

1. MaryJanes and Galoshes 02.11.2010 at 1:05 pm #

love the bags, so cute!

2. Jenny 02.11.2010 at 1:05 pm #

That alien backpack is beyond cute!
    ~Jenny~

3. dana 02.11.2010 at 1:19 pm #

okay, i think the Airplane has got to be my favorite of all of them. Really cool.
    And yes, going to bed on time….hmmmm……

4. the mama monster 02.11.2010 at 1:20 pm #

ahh i really need to make one of these for my son’s birthday next week. they are darling!

5. secret cake 02.11.2010 at 1:37 pm #

Very sweet! I especially like the UFO and the lined insides!

6. Melissa 02.11.2010 at 1:59 pm #

Hi!
    I linked this up to my blog with a photo! I hope that is okay!! if not let me know and I’ll take it down asap!!
    LOVE THESE and I already have the robot fabric!

7. Stephanie Rose 02.11.2010 at 2:21 pm #

really cute – I am probably going to have to find some fabric to practice on (I just picked up sewing) but I just have to have one! My oldest son is in preschool and needs a new backpack. (We have been using an old Dr. Seuss one we picked up at a yard sale – but it’s too small for all his school work he brings home). Thanks for the tutorial!

8. (un)Deniably Grateful 02.11.2010 at 2:53 pm #

They are super wonderful. All told, between the two of us, we have raised and are raising 7 girls and have three grand daughters, but there is a nephew and other boys in my life and you have given me great inspiration. ~Kelly

unDeniably Domestic

9. Lora 02.11.2010 at 3:09 pm #

those are so cute!! and they look perfectly sewn – i mean, look at those zippers! amazing…
    lora

10. Ally 02.11.2010 at 3:12 pm #

I really love those bags! I kinda want to try and make a girls one for my daughter…but I love that first one you posted!!! The fabrics are so cute! Where do you get yours from? Other than the recycled pants of course!

11. Leslie 02.11.2010 at 3:58 pm #

these look great and are so cute

12. Lone Rose 02.11.2010 at 4:19 pm #

I love them, you are so talented! I have 2 boys, one is 5 months and the other was 3 today, he would have loved one of those. I must learn to make one. It’s the zip thats scaring me, never tried sewing one on before :)

X Lone

13. Erin 02.11.2010 at 4:26 pm #

SO cool. It’s my son’s birthday next Friday, so if you are really up a creek with what to do with these packs, send one our way. ;)
    I am a new fan, since you seem to be so cool. But, don’t let it stress you out. Go to bed with your husband & don’t worry about posting all the time!

14. Kari 02.11.2010 at 6:06 pm #

You deserve all the positive attention, Anna. You’ve got great stuff and a fun blog. :) Oh, and robots and “jetplanes” are always winners with our boys – too cute for words.

15. Rachel 02.11.2010 at 10:11 pm #

omg my son loves aliens! where did you get hte fabric. ive already made 2 of these and am going to make one w/ robots but he loves aliens just as much….i LOVE your blog!

16. Anna 02.11.2010 at 10:27 pm #

thanks everyone!!

Rachel~ I got the robot/alien fabric at my local quilt shop, but here’s an etsy listing for it:
    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=39993571 and it’s on sale!!

17. Amanda365 02.11.2010 at 10:40 pm #

I just finished making one for my son’s friend for a birthday gift-bag. Love it!! Making one for my son next.

18. Kylie 02.11.2010 at 10:59 pm #

They look great – it is nice to have gifts ready to go.

Dont feel intimidated – feel thrilled that so many peope love you for what you do:)

19. laura 02.11.2010 at 11:27 pm #

these bags are really great! what a great use for old khakis.

20. Heidi 02.11.2010 at 11:51 pm #

I used your tutorial and made a backpack today! I misread the cord measurement and thought it was 3 ft not 3 yrds. Oh well I’ll have to run to the store and get the right string. As soon as I do I’m going to post it to my blog and link it back to your tutorial if that’s okay with you. :) I didn’t use the zipper on this one but I’m excited about making more. Love your spaceship one! Oh who am I kidding I love all of them!! Thank you so much for sharing how to do this.

21. Fast alles weiƟ... 02.12.2010 at 6:49 am #

So cute!!! Maybe I will find patience to sew as well!
    Best wishes
    Anna

22. nima 02.12.2010 at 8:26 am #

wow…that’s so cute and practical

23. gina 02.16.2010 at 5:43 pm #

SO cute! Looking forward to pics of your playroom. ;)

24. Nathan and Brooke LeBaron 02.16.2010 at 6:23 pm #

They are all so cute! My son loves airplanes right now! Do you know where you got the airplane fabric? I was trying to find it online but I keep getting the same (not what I want)results!

25. Jessica Munk 02.22.2010 at 11:23 pm #

Yes, i was also wondering where you got the airplane fabric! :)

26. Anna 02.23.2010 at 12:25 am #

Hey Jessica and Brooke! I got the airplane fabric at Crafty Planet in Minneapolis. I looked online, but couldn’t find it, maybe just give them a call. They’re a locally owned shop with great customer service!

27. lovinsanta 06.28.2010 at 11:26 pm #

Do you know by chance where you got the ailen fabric from??? I love this fabric and can’t seem to locate.

Thanks so much!

Heather

28. Anna 06.28.2010 at 11:28 pm #

hey lovinsanta~ I had gotten the alien fabric from my local quilt shop, but it’s Michael Miller Bot camp

29. lovinsanta 06.29.2010 at 6:04 pm #

Thanks Anna ~ I absolutely love that fabric hope I can find some for my son. Thanks for your wonderful blog and ideas.