this is how we roll

this is what I do with my girls so I can sew  (just kidding – I don’t need child protective services to call me).  But really, this is the kind of stuff they do for fun, coloring on eachother’s faces and playing in boxes.

bizarre

16 Responses to this is how we roll

1. Melissa 03.12.2010 at 2:45 pm #

The allowances I make for Wednesday (my daughter) so I can get twenty minutes of consecutive sewing in is..well…as long as I can hear her (because we know silence is bad) and even see her we’re golden. So long as it wasn’t Sharpies I think you are too ;)

2. Vanessa 03.12.2010 at 2:52 pm #

Connor and Gwyneth do the exact same thing. Our boxes are green! Connor likes to drag Gwyneth around the house by the handle. And the marker! Just like mine! Love it! Thanks Anna!

3. gina 03.12.2010 at 3:41 pm #

Sharpies are over rated- those even come off after like 5 days. ;)

4. Amy 03.12.2010 at 4:48 pm #

Haha colouring on each other is always fun – I specifically bought washable markers for this! Even my 26yr old boyfriend likes to join in – he’s drawn sailor tattoos on my legs too many times to mention…what a child! :D

5. Deanna 03.12.2010 at 5:29 pm #

How funny! I won’t let my children have markers anymore. Not since the sofa incident. ;) At least not when miss 3 yr old is around who has not found her self control with them. And she has no mercy…she scribbles heavily all the way up her arms. She did it once with a brown marker and she looked like a very hairy 3 yr old. lol We LOVE the special markers that only write on the special paper.

6. TaraB 03.12.2010 at 7:07 pm #

I love it – glad to know that it isn’t just my boys that do crazy things like this.

LOVE YOUR BLOG!

7. Trica (Tree' - ka) 03.12.2010 at 9:00 pm #

My four kids did things like this, and they grew up to be well-adjusted adults. I always just told people who were concerned that my kids were washable!!

8. Jennadesigns 03.12.2010 at 9:47 pm #

Beautiful shots of the girls! They look like they are having a blast entertaining themselves. Though how do you manage getting any sewing done when they’re that adorable? I’d be too giggly – and have to join them!

P.S. Don’t ever ask me about the permanent marker incident when my son was 2 years old. Ingenious child left alone unattended for 5 minutes while mom was upstairs folding laundry = $5,000 damage. No kidding. We just start letting the boy have markers again. He’s in first grade now. :)

9. Susan 03.13.2010 at 2:07 am #

I also see they may be playing hairdresser….cute!

10. dana 03.13.2010 at 2:25 am #

totally cute. totally.

11. Sew It UP! 03.13.2010 at 9:00 am #

It’s not bizarre, it’s children having a great time.

12. Jeannie 03.13.2010 at 2:18 pm #

aha.ahah.a.ah.ah.aha..a…oh the days!!!

13. Amy 03.13.2010 at 8:01 pm #

Boxes are the best, aren’t they?

14. paperseed 03.13.2010 at 11:23 pm #

Funny! My daughter LOVES getting in boxes too! That photo with the marker faces is priceless, though!

15. Sew Much Ado 03.15.2010 at 9:34 am #

Oh, I can SO relate! Especially the pen on the faces, if Wyatt is in my sewing room for even 5 minutes, somehow he leaves with pen on himself. That cracked me up!

16. L 03.22.2010 at 11:23 am #

Adorable!! I have pictures of my once-little girls in stuff like that too!! Treasure them, as time flees!