new baby gift

I got to make these gifts for my sister-in-law’s friend.  I think they make a great pair.  Her friend is having a baby and already has a cute little 2 year old girl.  The diaper pouch will be part of the mom’s gift and the doll is for her daughter.  Even though I’ve already made a few Black Apple Dolls and diaper wallets, each one is unique!

Got me thinking about when Emily was born – it was so nice that people thought about my oldest too and included gifts for her as well.  Just making these brought back lots of memories of the days before my girls and when each of them was born.  Seems like forever ago and yesterday at the same time.

, , ,

20 Responses to new baby gift

1. Stephanie Rose 04.10.2010 at 7:27 am #

I just printed the Black Apple Doll pattern from Martha’s site!! I really want to make a tiny version to put in a pocket of a little girl’s dress!! (her and the doll could even have matching dresses!) But, alas, I have 2 boys, and I PROMISED my husband I would make something for them before any more girl stuff :D. Working on some felt cut-outs for onesies and freezer paper tee’s for the older one! Good luck in your ventures! Love the blog!

2. Leslie 04.10.2010 at 7:50 am #

what a sweet memory. these are adorable baby gifts.

3. Sonya 04.10.2010 at 8:12 am #

Yes, a gift for the older child is really appreciated as they feel neglected when the new one arrives. Very thoughtful of you.

And I totally understand what you mean about the “forever ago and yesterday” on the birth of your little ones. I just had my second child three months ago and it feels like he has always been a part of this family and at the same time he is so new here. Oh, the magic of life!

Thanks for always great gift ideas and links. Love your blog!
    xoxoxo

4. alissa 04.10.2010 at 8:32 am #

Adorable. The little doll is so sweet!

5. Chris 04.10.2010 at 9:47 am #

The dolly’s sweet face caught my eye. Very fun.

6. Melissa 04.10.2010 at 11:11 am #

You’re gonna make me all weepy!

7. jess 04.10.2010 at 3:09 pm #

I like to send a little something for the older sibling too…but nothing as cute as that dolly! lol…good idea for next time though! i loove the fabric on the diaper case!

8. Cole's Corner 04.10.2010 at 4:48 pm #

Super cute!

9. Amy 04.10.2010 at 6:57 pm #

They look great!

10. Dana Furlo 04.10.2010 at 8:37 pm #

Do you know what fabric you used on the diaper case, it is beautiful and I would love to snap some for myself.

11. Jenny 04.10.2010 at 10:50 pm #

Those dolls are so precious! I have to try one. I’ve never made a doll before.

12. amy smart 04.11.2010 at 12:19 am #

HI! Thanks so much for the linky love. And the doll is fabulous!!

13. Kate 04.11.2010 at 4:22 am #

There are so many babies about to be born around here in the next few months and so I am constantly on the hunt for present inspiration. Your’s look gorgeous and will be loved for sure.

14. Jeannie 04.11.2010 at 9:26 am #

Oh my gosh, how cute is that doll! and you are so right, a gift for the other child is so nice. Makes them feel as special as the new baby!

15. simsalabimbloggen 04.11.2010 at 1:46 pm #

Beautiful gifts!

16. Vicky 04.12.2010 at 6:00 am #

This comment has been removed by the author.

17. Vicky 04.12.2010 at 6:01 am #

That is really sweet to think of the older sibling. They so often get overlooked with all the attantion being focused on the new arrival.

18. bekah 04.12.2010 at 3:16 pm #

love it. so wish you would stop adding to my wish-list-of-projects faster than i can make them :]

19. Anna 04.12.2010 at 4:29 pm #

Dana~ here’s the fabric, it’s really more beautiful in person that what I’ve seen online:

20. Angela 04.23.2010 at 8:46 am #

omg, you’re a total rockstar!! The baby gifts are yummy…gotta make some of these!
    Glad I found your rockin’ blog. I’m apronstringsboutique on etsy and I’m working on your fabulous HRoss order this morning : ) Thanks for shoppin’ with me!