better late than never: quilt market

Vanessa talked about it, Dana talked about it, so I’d better get to talking about it!

Yep, you guessed it, the International Quilt Market in Minneapolis, Minnesota.  The stars and planets must have aligned for me.  I was so lucky that Minneapolis is just a couple hour drive from my house, otherwise I probably wouldn’t have made it.  Of course once I heard who else was going to be there, I knew I had to find a way to go!

If I wasn’t me, I’d be so jealous of anyone who got to even go to quilt market, much less meet up with some of the coolest bloggers around.

It was a whirlwind of a day.

Ooogling booths and booths of fabric (without being able to buy it, such a tease – almost wish I owned a fabric shop).

Noodlehead   better late than never: quilt market sewing

I circled the Kokka/Echino booth roughly 18 times.  The projects they had made up were right up my alley!

Noodlehead   better late than never: quilt market sewing
Noodlehead   better late than never: quilt market sewing
Noodlehead   better late than never: quilt market sewing

Rubbing elbows with the biggest designers.  Well, I didn’t rub elbows with anyone, but just stood in amazement when Vanessa and I went to talk to none other than Amy Butler herself!  For all your knitters out there – Amy’s coming out with a whole collection of yarn and knitting patterns!  She’s also got a new book on the way: Amy Butler’s Style Stitches.

Noodlehead   better late than never: quilt market sewing

Anna Maria Horner was always busy interviewing for her new book whenever I strolled by.

Noodlehead   better late than never: quilt market sewing

Sandi Henderson was such a sweet person!  Luckily I had just gotten her book, Sewing Bits and Pieces, and had made a few projects with one of her fabric collections Meadowsweet. (Yep, Meadowsweet 2 is on the way soon).  She was so pretty and gave me some great advice, too!

Noodlehead   better late than never: quilt market sewing

I met up with Dana and we got to sit and chat about life.  I was so nervous about meeting her, I mean, Dana from MADE?! wow.

Noodlehead   better late than never: quilt market sewing
We met up with Vanessa for a little fabric shopping, we had a blast.  The store had the most fabrics I had ever seen.  It was so fun just being able to talk and laugh with those two ladies, they’re both amazingly talented and just fun to be around.  And yes, I had to take them to the Mall of America, it’s just one of those places you have to go.  By the time dinner was done I was totally wiped out and we parted ways, hopefully we’ll all be able to get together again sometime!
Noodlehead   better late than never: quilt market sewing Noodlehead   better late than never: quilt market sewing

, ,

14 Responses to better late than never: quilt market

1. Delia 06.02.2010 at 4:07 pm #

Lucky you! I can just imagine how much fun that must have been.

2. Vanessa 06.02.2010 at 4:20 pm #

Living in town I wish I could have gone! Looks like so much fun. Loved the pic of the far,far away 2 line! I can’t wait – so many plans for it!

3. Leslie 06.02.2010 at 5:27 pm #

so jealous!!! someday i would love to go

4. Molly @ The Creative Maven 06.02.2010 at 7:19 pm #

Yep… I’m jealous!

5. Wendy 06.02.2010 at 9:45 pm #

Oh, wow. Looks like you guys had a blast, and who could blame you?

6. inday_adin 06.02.2010 at 10:48 pm #

Beautiful pictures! How fun!

7. Mary 06.02.2010 at 11:57 pm #

I am SO ridiculously jealous! I have got to make it to a quilt market one of these days. It looks like so much fun, and Minneapolis looks likes a really cool place too.

Love the pics of you and Dana and Vanessa! Fun!

P.S. – I think I have the same necklace you were wearing. Target? :-)

8. sneezerville 06.03.2010 at 7:16 am #

wow! HOW EXCITING! i couldn’t imagine!

9. Jeannie 06.03.2010 at 7:55 am #

You are the cutest little thing!!! What a fun day and I know you probably picked up a million ideas!!

10. dana 06.03.2010 at 12:21 pm #

It was so much fun to meet you. And you are too funny….NO reason to be nervous to meet me! haah I’m just a dorky stay at home mom, seriously. :)
    Thanks again for taking us to the mall. It was great.

11. Mary on Lake Pulaski 06.03.2010 at 10:09 pm #

If I had only known you were going to be there too, I would have found a way to meet you Anna. You met some great ones!

12. henny 06.04.2010 at 5:57 pm #

Wow…what a spectacular day!! I wish I were there with you :)

13. Farmgirl Paints 06.04.2010 at 6:41 pm #

Well how cool is that. I didn’t know a thing about it and I live HERE! Looks like a wonderful time:)

14. Jacqui 06.06.2010 at 5:11 am #

I can see that in some ways not being able to buy the fabric would have been a blessing in disguise, how could you be there and have to choose what to get without blowing a gasket? I probably would have moved into the Kokka/Echino booth, or at least taken up residence under a table.

And Mall of America? Tch. You guys stole the thunder from our West Edmonton Mall and I doubt Edmontonians will ever get over not having the largest mall in the world (and it’s probably WAY down the list now!)