gathered clutch – the pattern!

I’m really excited to share this with everyone today.  I’ve finished putting the final touches on my first ever pattern for sale.  I couldn’t be happier about everyone’s responses on my gathered clutch tutorial and wanted to take it one step further by making it into a pattern.

Noodlehead   gathered clutch    the pattern! sewing pattern

Don’t worry, I’ll still be sharing lots of free tutorials, but I wanted to accomplish a few things with the pattern:

• I wanted fellow sewists to be able to make the clutches and sell them either online or at local craft fairs or farmer’s markets (of course on a home-based production scale only).
  • I wanted to share a few additions/alterations to the clutch for those of you who want to mix things up a bit and maybe don’t want to figure it out on your own or don’t know how to.
  • I added a few tips on sewing with zippers and how to shorten them and a few other suggestions on the pattern that I just couldn’t squeeze into the original tutorial.

The pattern is a 18 page PDF with full color photographs, step-by-step instructions and lots of helpful tips.  To purchase the pattern, please go HERE! {there is also a link just under the header in the patterns tab}

I hope to put together a post of links to shops that will be selling them online. {just send me an email if you’d like to be included in the list}

Thanks everyone for your support and all your nice comments.  And I want to send out a HUGE thank you to my mom (and dad) and my husband who allowed me extra time to finish this project by entertaining the girls.  And of course a shout out to Dana of MADE for giving me the opportunity to share my tutorial as part of her Celebrate Mom series, sometimes you just need a deadline, you know?!

Noodlehead   gathered clutch    the pattern! sewing pattern
Noodlehead   gathered clutch    the pattern! sewing pattern
Noodlehead   gathered clutch    the pattern! sewing pattern

46 Responses to gathered clutch – the pattern!

1. alayne 06.09.2010 at 9:50 am #

Wow! Cool! Congratulations. That’s so exciting for you.

2. by night 06.09.2010 at 10:02 am #

this is very exciting! I am such a fan of that clutch idea (only made 6 so far ;-)) I am very very happy for you!

3. Becki and Jeff 06.09.2010 at 10:14 am #

Wonderful!! I can’t wait to buy the pattern to make a couple of gifts for two awesome ladies who I know would love something so cute and feminine!!

4. Leslie 06.09.2010 at 10:32 am #

i just love it

5. SewLindAnn 06.09.2010 at 10:55 am #

Just purchased the pattern, not only because I love it and want to make it well but because I want to say thank you for all your great tutorials and blog posts.

6. Sarah 06.09.2010 at 10:57 am #

Thats awesome! I love love love your gathered clutch tutorial — I made one for myself and I get constant compliments on it. I also made one for my boyfriends sister. I actually just uploaded them to my flickr account (http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarahkatequilts/ incase you wanted to see — not trying to advertise for myself on your blog i promise!! haha)

Anyway when I saw this post and wanted to congratulate you on the pattern! It really is an adorable clutch. I dont think I’ve ever posted a comment before on your blog but its one of my must reads and I love the work you do.

7. Melissa 06.09.2010 at 11:00 am #

How wonderful for you Anna!

8. Chris 06.09.2010 at 11:05 am #

Ooh, congrats! I hope you sell a tone of them. :)

9. susan 06.09.2010 at 11:21 am #

Just purchased your pattern. Hope it will kick start my creativity for the summer. Thanks so much for your generous sharing of great tutorials…Hope your pattern gererates lots of sales for you!

Susan

10. Molly @ The Creative Maven 06.09.2010 at 11:22 am #

Anna! That is so awesome! I’m starting on my first ever pattern too… I’ll hit you up with my questions :)

11. Elsa 06.09.2010 at 11:22 am #

you are ever so generous to have done the tutorial, and to make the pattern available for other people to sell! I love this one!
    sell lots and lots!

12. jess 06.09.2010 at 11:30 am #

awesome Anna! :D

13. Mrs Yappy Dog 06.09.2010 at 11:33 am #

Well done, looks very professional.

14. Care 06.09.2010 at 12:02 pm #

Fabulous! :o)

15. Sweetie Pie Bakery 06.09.2010 at 12:09 pm #

you finished it! it looks great :)

16. Vanessa 06.09.2010 at 12:40 pm #

Yay! So excited to see you take this next step and can’t wait to see what else you come up with!

17. Regan Rothery 06.09.2010 at 12:54 pm #

So awesome Anna! I’ve made I think five of these babies now, and I love it more and more every time. I’ve been adding wrist straps, but never would have thought to use your d-ring idea. Oh, that elevates it so much more! I love, love these little straps and can’t awit to buy the pattern!!!

18. egemur 06.09.2010 at 3:53 pm #

Süper olmuş ellerinize sağlık

19. Jeannie 06.09.2010 at 4:34 pm #

I love seeing you ladies make patterns! Your so generous with your tutorials it’s fun to actually pay you back some!!

20. Lindy 06.09.2010 at 4:58 pm #

YEEEEESSSSSS! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I know exactly what I’m doing with my Fun Money next paycheck!

21. Emily 06.09.2010 at 5:18 pm #

Congrats Anna! Your work is beautiful! :)

22. Cyndi 06.09.2010 at 5:25 pm #

Congratulations to you! Your gathered clutch is just so cute and I am planning on making one for myself (and maybe a few for gifts) but haven’t gotten around to it yet. I hope you sell LOTS of patterns. I also wanted to say thank you for all the great free tutorials you offer to all of us out in blog land. You are very generous to share your wonderful designs!

XOXO,

Cyndi

23. dana 06.09.2010 at 6:05 pm #

aw. thanks Anna. the picture is beautiful! Love the added strap. cool stuff!

24. Gracinda 06.09.2010 at 6:41 pm #

lindissima!!

25. Laura 06.09.2010 at 6:42 pm #

Just bought it! Awesome! Thanks for making the pattern!

26. Cole's Corner 06.09.2010 at 7:41 pm #

How exciting! Congrats on your first pattern. I love the one with the little owls on it. I have that fabric, too!

27. Cheryl @ a pretty cool life. 06.09.2010 at 8:51 pm #

Now I have to add this to my never ending to-do list!! :)

28. Sandy a la Mode 06.09.2010 at 11:18 pm #

thanks soo much for creating this! i just saw the post for your clutch and thought, i want to make one of these!!

29. Sarah Boyd 06.09.2010 at 11:21 pm #

It’s fabulous! Congrats on your pattern!

30. Mary 06.09.2010 at 11:52 pm #

Woohoo! That’s so great Anna!

31. Sarah 06.10.2010 at 9:44 am #

Anna that’s so great! Congrats on your first pattern for sale! It’s beautiful!! I wonder if the dimensions could be increased to make it a laptop bag or large enough to fit papers. I, of course, love it as a clutch though. Super cute!
    -Sarah from Create Studio

32. Sara @ One Silver Thread 06.10.2010 at 12:11 pm #

Yay; Congratulations! The clutch is gorgeous and I plan to purchase the pattern soon :) You’re so talented – keep up the great work!

33. Sarah R 06.10.2010 at 12:16 pm #

Congratulations, Anna! You do such an awesome job. My favorite color is aqua so those two you have featured really appeal to me. :)

34. Mary on Lake Pulaski 06.10.2010 at 10:16 pm #

Way to go Anna! Congratulations!

35. dreams-inlatin 06.10.2010 at 10:41 pm #

awesome work. ive tried sewing these off your tutorial a few times now and i just can’t get the zipper tab’s / measurements right. (im working in cm’s, being an Aussie, conversion = confusing. also only sewing with 7″ zippers not 8 so im reducing the size at the same time!!) im perservering though. hopefully your pattern will help with that bit for me. i look forward to it.
    XD

36. ayumills 06.11.2010 at 12:16 am #

Congratulations Anna for taking such a great step! This is an amazing pattern so I have no doubt that it will continue to be a hit even if it’s for sale!

37. Sew Much Ado 06.11.2010 at 9:59 am #

Yay! That pattern is going to sell like hot cakes, good luck!

38. Jeannie 06.12.2010 at 8:26 pm #

Love all the extra’s in the pattern and have one cut out,now for my granddaughter to feel better so I can sew it!
    By the way, the pattern is super clear and easy to follow step by step!

39. Aïcha 06.13.2010 at 1:19 am #

Congratulations! I made your gathered clutch and it’s super cute.

40. Emily Moss 06.13.2010 at 5:32 am #

Your clutches are just wonderful! I am so impressed by all amazing creations you come up with!

41. Liz @ LivingMySweetLife 06.13.2010 at 9:47 am #

i ordered a pattern! I have to confess that I tried to make this once and I failed miserably. I have such issues with getting the edges with the zipper to work! I can’t wait to try your pattern, because I am in love with this design and I would like to make it for a girlfriends birthday present!

42. Kelly 06.15.2010 at 10:33 am #

Super cute!

43. Tiffany 06.16.2010 at 11:16 pm #

This little cutie has been on my “to-do” list for several weeks and I’ve been kind of queasy over the zipper portion. Congratulations on your pattern, it’s all so exciting!. I’ve ordered mine and will get to work this weekend, if not sooner.

44. luvinthemommyhood 06.28.2010 at 5:59 pm #

Ohhhhh, I see mine!!!! I LOVE IT!!! Thanks again Anna!!! I’m going to have to get a post up bragging about it’s fabulousness!

45. katwoman 04.22.2011 at 4:08 pm #

This is beautiful ! Thank you for sharing this with us ! I’m gonna make one for a friend.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Patterns, Classes, and a Fabric Winner - Noodlehead - 11.24.2014

[…] been working on the Gathered Clutch (my first pattern that I had ever done – back in 2010) and the Sidekick Tote. I’m so happy with the way they’re turning out. I will be going […]