ice cream dress blouse

{Just in case you’re wondering, I hinted at a tutorial that was going to be posted today, but it got bumped to Monday, so I’ll give you the scoop then!}

Here’s view C of the Ice Cream Dress by Oliver + S in size 12-18 months.  I made it a few weeks ago, but haven’t gotten around to blogging about it yet.  How weird is that? I find time to sew stuff now and don’t take time to blog about it?  Anyway…

Noodlehead   ice cream dress blouse sewing kids clothes

I really loved to have an excuse to buy this pattern, as you know there was an Ice Cream Dress Social going on over at Badskirt.  I think it’s a really versatile pattern and hope to make some fallish/winterish versions here in the next few months (too bad I totally slacked off and only made one blouse for the social).  The print is pretty large but I think it works well for this top.

Noodlehead   ice cream dress blouse sewing kids clothes

In other news, did you know Meg over at Elsie Marley is possibly gearing up for another round of Kids Clothes Week?  Yep, this time it’s the Winter Clothes (for us in the northern hemisphere), so don’t forget to keep an eye out for updates as to when it might start.

And then there’s this shirt I made using a freezer paper stencil, it was my last shirt to use up before they got to be too small for Emily.  There was a pair of shorts that I was also making with cherries on it, but I gave up on them, onto other things I guess!  I should really switch gears and stop making summer clothes – at least we can layer things, right?!

Noodlehead   ice cream dress blouse sewing kids clothes

, ,

15 Responses to ice cream dress blouse

1. Tammy 08.12.2010 at 1:27 pm #

Very cute!

2. Elena 08.12.2010 at 1:43 pm #

Super cute! Where did you get the white tee? I’m looking for those ruffle-sleeved ones to appliqué. Thanks!

3. Gwen @ Gwenny Penny 08.12.2010 at 2:21 pm #

Love the stenciled shirt, especially the little cherries at the neck on the back. Nice touch. I really want to try freezer paper stenciling, but the list of projects I want to do is getting unmanageable. Maybe I should move “clone myself” to the top of the list and that will solve all of my problems.

4. Rhian Drinkwater 08.12.2010 at 2:31 pm #

Oh that’s so pretty! There needs to be more pretty things for boys :-)

5. Allison 08.12.2010 at 3:56 pm #

Thanks for the comment…I’m glad I’m not the only one like that! I LOVE that shirt fabric, super cute. Have a great one-Al

6. meg 08.12.2010 at 4:30 pm #

I love the shirt! I have been lusting after that pattern, maybe I will use kids clothes week as an excuse to finally get it (thanks for the shout out by the way:)

7. alissa 08.12.2010 at 4:32 pm #

Anna – The shirt is adorable! I have lots of freidns with baby girls so I might just have a reason to buy this pattern! Love it.

8. Jenny 08.12.2010 at 5:07 pm #

Too too cute, Anna. I love the shirts!

9. Nicole @ Create and Delegate 08.12.2010 at 6:44 pm #

I think it’s beautiful! The large print really makes it.

10. Jess 08.12.2010 at 6:52 pm #

adorable! I love the frame on the cherry shirt.

11. Creative disorganization 08.12.2010 at 8:00 pm #

Luv the cherries…cute

12. Maxabella 08.12.2010 at 9:31 pm #

These are both lovely garments. I like the fabric a lot. I think big patterns can work very well on kids’ clothes.

What’s a freezer paper stencil? Sounds intriguing!

13. izzy inspired 08.13.2010 at 12:24 pm #

I joined the social too, but sadly, with the move pending, I haven’t had a chance to make anything! Hopefully we will bel settled soon so i can get to work!! your shirt turned out lovely!

14. Andi @ Jane of all crafts 08.14.2010 at 7:49 am #

cute cherries! I’ve tried freezer paper stenciling once and really liked it. Such a cool idea to put a smaller version on the back. I would have never thought of that! Love the blouse too! I’m not confident enough in my sewing skills quite yet to attempt something like that! Thanks for the scoop though ;-)

15. Delia 08.15.2010 at 1:25 am #

beautiful job on the cherries. That red fabric paint it the perfect red too.

I love the top as well. I think it is great that your priority is sewing and not blogging. I am a little backwards right now but I am set on fixing that.