now that’s crazy talk

my little girl turned 2 last weekend

is she really not a baby anymore?!

we got her the perfect present: paints, markers, a drawing pad of her own, and play-doh
And of course I’m happy to tell her “yes!”, when she asks: “Paint Mama, paint?”

26 Responses to now that’s crazy talk

1. michelleml 08.28.2010 at 2:01 pm #

My little one will be two in two months but she still eats crayons and colors herself we haven’t tried paint yet. maybe when she is older it will get better
    Michelle

2. Karen 08.28.2010 at 2:16 pm #

Oh she’s precious! My little Kate turned 2 in May and we are having fun with all these goodies also. I am really loving the Crayola twistable colored pencils right now.

3. Vanessa 08.28.2010 at 2:33 pm #

How fun! Happy belated birthday :) We haven’t tried paints yet. . .I’m scared! That’s why I really want a picnic table for the backyard so we can get crafty without property damage!!!

4. teedle. 08.28.2010 at 2:47 pm #

What a great gift! My (almost) 2 year old loves to create, too!

5. Sarah 08.28.2010 at 2:51 pm #

my baby boy turned two on the 14th and I demanded to know what happen to my baby!! He modeled his buzz cut and fake tatoo while he opened gifts and looked like such a man! hope your daughter loves her gifts!

6. Chris 08.28.2010 at 2:59 pm #

Happy birthday, Little One! She looks so much older than my daughter with all that hair. What a lovely ice cream social blouse.

7. Mary 08.28.2010 at 3:05 pm #

Aww, happy birthday sweet girl!

8. Sweetie Pie Bakery 08.28.2010 at 6:40 pm #

happy birthday! my daughter turns two tomorrow. she is into drawing and baby dolls! very much the little mama right now.

9. Cindy 08.28.2010 at 7:09 pm #

Happy Birthday!! She’s so sweet!! Mine is grown up but I can remember those days- enjoy!! I love the picture of your beagle, Pepper. My husband had beagles for years until the last one, Bumb, had to be put to sleep. He looked alot like your Pepper! He was an EXCELLENT pet and we miss him terribly. They make such good pets and companions!! So loyal and wanting to please you!!

10. Mary on Lake Pulaski 08.28.2010 at 7:25 pm #

Yes, she can still be your baby even if she’s too (and adorable)!

11. Carla G. 08.28.2010 at 8:22 pm #

What a great gift!! When my girls were little they also loved stickers and paper. Sometimes they would spend an hour decorating papers with stickers and sending them off in their pretend mailbox. Enjoy!

12. alayne 08.28.2010 at 9:48 pm #

Happy birthday! How cute she is!! My littlest girl turned 3 at the end of July. I can hardly believe how big she is. They will always be your babies.

13. Leslie 08.28.2010 at 10:52 pm #

happy birthday little one…2 makes them seem so big

14. Jenny 08.28.2010 at 11:40 pm #

Happy Birthday to her!! That’s so much fun! Levi will be turning two in two months and I’m afraid I can’t trust him with ANY of those art supplies yet.
    :-)

By the way… a thank you card will be on it’s way to you soon! Thank you so much for Abby’s gift! She loves it! That was so thoughtful of you.

15. Emily 08.29.2010 at 12:55 am #

Happy birthday! What a beautiful girl!

16. KatieQ 08.29.2010 at 8:11 am #

My own children are far from two (soon to turn 25 and 22), but the memories of those days are precious to me.
    The birthday presents you chose are perfect. When I was a nursery school teacher, I was always shocked and saddened when children would tell me that they were not allowed to paint or play with play dough at home because it was too messy. When I talked to parents they would say, “That’s why I send them to school. If I let them paint at home, they will wreck my house.” Children need a chance to be creative every day in their own homes as well as at school. You obviously already know that and are providing room for her imagination to run free.
    Thanks for sharing the photo. I regret there were no digital cameras when my children were growing up. It would have been so much easier to capture the little moments that vanish so quickly.

17. dana 08.29.2010 at 11:42 am #

oh so cute and sweet! Happy Birthday!
    Did you make her shirt? it’s really cute.

18. henny 08.29.2010 at 5:20 pm #

happy belated birthday to her!
    trust me, you only have 3 more years for cuddling & kissing her (whenever you want) before she thinks she’s ‘big’ enough for that :)
    Enjoy..

19. Sarah R 08.29.2010 at 6:54 pm #

She’s beautiful!

At age 2, Andrew would never sit down to be creative. You’re so lucky!

20. Happy Together 08.29.2010 at 8:36 pm #

Happy birthday to her!

21. sewtakeahike 08.29.2010 at 9:57 pm #

Happy, happy birthday to your little one Anna! It sounds like you made her day with the paints and things!

22. Emily 08.29.2010 at 10:14 pm #

We’ll be hitting the big two mark with my youngest in two months! Yikes!! Sounds like a fantastic birthday present for you little girl!! Now she needs a fantastic organizer for all her painting supplies…do I feel a tutorial coming on?? :)

23. Vicky 08.30.2010 at 11:21 am #

Happy birthday. They grow up far to quickly don’t they?

24. Jess 08.30.2010 at 4:28 pm #

what a cutie pie! If only we lived closer-her and Sadie could play together! :D Happy Birthday!

25. Delia 08.31.2010 at 1:10 am #

Aww…my baby turns two in a few weeks too. They grow up so fast! What a cute girl. Happy Birthday!

26. katy 09.02.2010 at 3:41 pm #

it’s crazy how fast two years go. my babies turn two this month and I am not ready for them to grow up!