i tried

I usually don’t have time to do any craft shows, but I think it’s really fun to meet people who like the things you make.  Last weekend I went to a local craft show with my friend (she’s a great knitter/crocheter).  I used to be more into selling items, but to be honest, the blog is just way more fun and I get to try out new stuff all the time.  I also like not worrying about what might sell and what people would like.  I give a huge amount of credit to everyone with etsy shops, I’m always impressed.
So anyway, I trudged on and made a few of my favorite lil cutie pouches.  I love how quick they are and think they’re so cute with my favorite japanese prints.  Plus, I figured they would make great Christmas gifts if they didn’t sell.  Lucky for me I got to bring most of them home with me and they’ll be gifted in a few months at Christmas time.
The other project I loved making for our farmers market were covered button pony tail holders.  It’s so fun to use up scraps and this time Natalie was my accomplice.  She helped me choose the fabrics and I think we did pretty good as a team.
Oh and I’m really excited to make a few of these button necklaces, re-found the tutorial at whip up the other day with her great jewelry post.

Happy Sunday everyone!  It’s unseasonably warm here this weekend setting record highs, we’re going to enjoy it while it lasts.

, , , ,

35 Responses to i tried

1. Irina 10.10.2010 at 10:42 am #

This comment has been removed by the author.

2. Irina 10.10.2010 at 10:43 am #

I really like your little zippers! Every time I see a new post from your blog on my dashboard I click on it straight away to see all the lovely things you show! You do such nice work, don’t ever stop!

3. Grandma G 10.10.2010 at 10:49 am #

So pretty and colorful! And I love the “zipper” photo!

4. Admitted Fabricaholic 10.10.2010 at 11:26 am #

seriously – these didn’t sell??! I love them, and probably would have bought one considering I was just recently considering making myself something like this as well…lol. Great minds think alike! :) They are adorable!!!

5. Emily 10.10.2010 at 11:38 am #

I love these pouches and ponytail holders. :) I can’t believe they didn’t sell out!

6. Quilts And Pieces 10.10.2010 at 1:25 pm #

I love those little zippy pouches. I have to make one!

7. Chris 10.10.2010 at 1:25 pm #

I think everything looks splendid. I get frustrated with craft shows because I can’t seem to figure out what will sell, or what is worth my time to make.

8. Sonia 10.10.2010 at 1:41 pm #

craft fairs are hard :( I had my first one yesterday, and Only sold one thing :( Oh well, made several contacts.

9. Megs 10.10.2010 at 2:09 pm #

I cannot believe those sweet little pouches didn’t disappear in a heartbeat! So adorable! I do have a soft spot for Japanese prints, though, so I suppose I’m biased. On the bright side: yay! Christmas presents!

10. Megan 10.10.2010 at 2:23 pm #

They didn’t sell out? WHAT?!
    If I had been there they would be gone!

After seeing your post we are going to be making some pony holders this afternoon for our stay-home-Sunday project. Thanks!

11. Tiffany 10.10.2010 at 3:03 pm #

i agree with Megan, WHAT! I can think of uses right off the back. Hello…great gift card holder!

12. Mary 10.10.2010 at 3:20 pm #

Love your ponytail holders . . . what a great idea! I really like the button necklaces too . . . what a fun way to wear your favorite fabrics!

13. kiki 10.10.2010 at 3:58 pm #

You are always such an inspiration for me! I love the little pouches, I have to get those tiny zippers!!!
    Happy day,
    Kiki

14. Jenny 10.10.2010 at 4:07 pm #

Everything you make is just so darn cute! I love those covered ponytail holders… if only my hair was long enough, I would wear on myself!

15. *kate 10.10.2010 at 4:26 pm #

Those pony tail binders are great … a tutorial would be lovely. :-)

16. Highland Monkey's 10.10.2010 at 7:13 pm #

Gorgeous fabrics on your makes. I hope the recipent of your lovely makes is suitably impressed.

17. Jeannie 10.10.2010 at 7:49 pm #

Those are so cute and I love the ponytail holders! Craft fairs are just fun for the buyers not the sellers I’m afraid :(
    Someone will get some awesome gifts though :)

18. Naturally Carol 10.10.2010 at 8:10 pm #

Crowds are very fickle at fairs and garage sales {i have found}. Things i thought wouldn’t sell, sold fast and my treasures were not so in the eyes of others. I think you’re zippy things are georgeous and really useful!

19. Tiffany 10.10.2010 at 8:21 pm #

I adore your lil pouches and definitely would have lightened your load. They’ll make splendid Christmas gifts.

20. Twins Squared 10.10.2010 at 8:55 pm #

You did such a great job on those pouches! I love them! You always have the cutest japanese fabric. Where do you buy them?
    charitymg@hotmail.com

21. Kitten's Lost Her Mittens 10.10.2010 at 9:10 pm #

Hey Anna! Let me know when you’re selling things at craft fairs, or what Farmers’ Market you’re at. The things you made are so cute! I would love to buy some. Enjoy the weather while it lasts!

22. paperandclouds 10.10.2010 at 9:13 pm #

So… it didn’t go well? My first fair is in December and I’m trying to figure out what to make, what will sell, etc. Ugh.

23. Vanessa 10.10.2010 at 9:25 pm #

Always hard to know what’s going to sell. Kinda frustrating. I think they’re fab and whoever gets them for Christmas will love them! Those fabrics and zipper colors are awesome :)

24. Cindy 10.10.2010 at 9:47 pm #

I love your little pouches- just so adorable!! The ponytail holders are also cute!!:) I have a craft show in November and yes, shows are hard – sometimes you do well and other times not- it’s really hard to tell what’s going to happen! These will make great Christmas gifts and just think- you’re all done with them and won’t have to worry now! I love everything you do so keep up the great work!! :)

25. BFree 10.11.2010 at 1:22 am #

love the pony tail holders and pouches so fun. Great fabric choices!

26. Myr 10.11.2010 at 4:50 am #

nice :D

27. Linen and Tulle 10.11.2010 at 11:01 am #

You have such a great attitude about the situation. Craft fairs are so hard to predict. It seems like unless the are an “indie” fair, stuff doesn’t sell too well. Although the last one I was at this lady was selling her crocheted hats like crazy. All the kids wanted them.

28. Cole's Corner 10.11.2010 at 11:26 am #

Those little pouches are so cute!!! I love them.

29. texasnorth 10.11.2010 at 1:57 pm #

I just had to pop in and finally comment… but I know exactly how it feels to agree to go to a sale and then get ready and go ahead and set up and make it all pretty and have SUPER GREAT stuff and then watch all the people buy crocheted toilet paper covers and christmas ornaments. Not that those things are great, too… but seriously! Craft shows are soooo weird! Weird.

But your pouches look fantastic… as do the buttons. Nice job.

30. BeccaH 10.11.2010 at 3:39 pm #

Those pouches are adorable! I especially love the one with the little dogs (I have a dachshund and that print reminds me of him!) Any thought of selling them online?

31. Landon and Kylie 10.12.2010 at 12:32 pm #

I would definitely buy one of these if you were selling it online. :)

32. yumiko 10.19.2010 at 9:37 pm #

these pouches are very cute. where can i get a supply of zippers to make my own?

33. Anna 10.24.2010 at 12:37 am #

hey yumiko, i get all my zips from zipit on etsy. :)

34. Bellgirl 07.04.2011 at 9:14 pm #

I know what you mean about making things for Etsy- I’ve given up mine and just make things as presents now. I find it easier to be motivated and less like I work in a sweat shop! I love your little pouches, I’m going to try your pattern :)

35. lmanuck 07.23.2012 at 9:34 pm #

How did you make the covered button pony tail holder? I love them and would love to figure out to make them