first snow of the season

Yay! I’m excited that we had our first snow of the year last weekend.  And it was the nice kind of snow.  Light and fluffy, easy to shovel.  It snowed overnight and then was done by morning and was sunny.  Can’t get much better than that.

Noodlehead   first snow of the season

Noodlehead   first snow of the season

We played and made snow angels.

Even my husband and our beagle got in on the action!

Noodlehead   first snow of the season Noodlehead   first snow of the season
Have a great Friday everyone.  I really appreciate all your kind and supportive comments, more than you know.

29 Responses to first snow of the season

1. Dan 12.10.2010 at 11:05 am #

What a handsome husband you have. You are so lucky! He is drop dead gorgeous!

2. inday_adin 12.10.2010 at 11:08 am #

Oh boy how fun! :) Can wait to play in the snow with my little boy. LOL! Lovely family as well.

Adin B

3. Care 12.10.2010 at 11:25 am #

Looks like so much fun!! What a cute family you have!

Wish we would get some snow around here… It’s actually RAINING right now. Unheard of for my area! Where’s the three feet of snow?? :o)

4. Bethany 12.10.2010 at 11:29 am #

Send some of that this way!! It’s cold enough to snow but none is in the forecast–boo!

5. Jeni 12.10.2010 at 11:54 am #

That’s what our first snow has been too! Best kind hands down :)

6. Chris 12.10.2010 at 12:06 pm #

Hooray for snow! My kids couldn’t wait to pull out their snow gear. It just makes Christmas even more joyful.

7. Admitted Fabricaholic 12.10.2010 at 12:34 pm #

makes me realize I REALLY need to get outside and rake up those leaves, so that when it does snow we are prepared for fun snow to play in! Not snowy leaves – lol.

Looks like you had a great time, hope it was followed up with hot cocoa :)

8. Charity 12.10.2010 at 12:49 pm #

We’re getting a ton of snow up in Prince George this year – so pretty! I love this time of year, and am so glad to see the snow in time for Christmas!

9. Krista 12.10.2010 at 12:51 pm #

Beautiful! And just in time for a white Christmas :) Your kiddos look like they’re having a total blast!

10. Vanessa 12.10.2010 at 12:58 pm #

So glad you guys finally got snow. Are you getting more tonight and tomorrow like us?? It’s supposed to be blizzard-like. Glad I don’t have to go anywhere tomorrow!

11. Rhinestone Beagle 12.10.2010 at 1:20 pm #

Beagles Love Snow! We would know. Hope your family has a Merry Christmas….especially the four legged member.

12. Megan 12.10.2010 at 1:25 pm #

I am so giggling about your first comment!!
    Too funny!
    Happy Holidays!

13. krÄkspark 12.10.2010 at 2:26 pm #

It is really nice with snow! In the middle of sweden we have had snow since the beginning of november, -15 degrees and it ends in april, something. For me is to sit indoors and knit warm socks and mittens besides reading your very inspiring blog! Thank you!

14. Sara @Osmosis 12.10.2010 at 3:19 pm #

Oh, my, we got a bit of that snow too… and apparently more is coming this weekend… with the gusty, blizzardy winds. It’s beautiful outside today, though. Gotta enjoy the sun while we can and then spend the cloudy days crafting :)

15. Rachel Hauser 12.10.2010 at 4:05 pm #

Ok, I thought that first comment sounded fishy… We’re crossing our fingers for snow next week!

16. Luciana 12.10.2010 at 4:45 pm #

Well, I live in Brazil. Here, we are sweating and waiting for the first days of summer in a few days. No snow angels for us…

17. Grandma G 12.10.2010 at 7:25 pm #

We’re under a ‘Blizzard Warning’ here for the weekend. Hang on, it may head your way! ;)

18. Redlan 12.11.2010 at 8:08 am #

oh your dog looked enjoying the snow too.

19. tini-uk 12.11.2010 at 2:37 pm #

We are quite sad, our snowman has melted today. I love the snow, but here in England everything comes to a standstill and everyone starts to panic as soon as they predict snow, no fun. My big girl loved the snow, she spent all day outside, the little one had one look and came straight back inside, too cold.

20. ayumills 12.11.2010 at 2:48 pm #

aww this makes me miss snow! Have fun and stay warm :)

21. Erica 12.11.2010 at 7:49 pm #

Fun pics! We have a couple of beagles who quite like the snow (more than I like it,that’s for sure!). Thanks for sharing.

22. jayayceeblog 12.11.2010 at 10:36 pm #

I got a picture message from my sister in Minnesota today that looked like your photos. Lots of snow. And I had to sadly inform her that it hit 82 degrees in Phoenix today where we were shoveling sunshine. Looks like everyone there had a wonderful time playing in the snow – even the puppy!

23. Jenny 12.12.2010 at 1:15 am #

Your hubby’s name wouldn’t be Dan, would it. That first comment is so funny!

24. Dahlia 12.12.2010 at 3:09 pm #

Yay for snow! At least it wasn’t as bad as they had it in Minn…Jeremy showed me a photo of the Metrodome’s collapse due to snow!
    Give our love to the girls and Dan :)

25. Carla 12.12.2010 at 10:40 pm #

How fun is that! We are still having 80 degree with here in AZ.

26. Anna 12.13.2010 at 12:21 am #

ah yes, sorry friends, twas my lovely husband who left the first comment on this post, isn’t he a dork?! ahahahah now you all know, just a fraction of what he’s like in real life.

27. Katherine ( Katie) Corrigan 12.13.2010 at 12:06 pm #

What a wonderful post. Loved all the photos! Wishing you happiness, Katherine
    P.S. I’m having a giveaway at my blog come on over!

28. Delia 12.14.2010 at 1:30 am #

Yay snow! How fun. We got piles in November but now it feels like early Spring here. Crazy! Beautiful pictures Anna.

29. Maxabella 12.14.2010 at 3:24 am #

Brilliant – I would love to live in the snow with my spunky husband and cute kidlets too!! x