pocket advent calendar tutorial

I was excited that Gwen asked me over today to share a Christmas tutorial with you all. I’ve always wanted to make an advent calendar for my girls, so when Gwen asked me for a Christmas project, this was my chance.

Noodlehead   pocket advent calendar tutorial tutorial sewing
Click HERE for the full tutorial over at Gwenny Penny!
Noodlehead   pocket advent calendar tutorial tutorial sewing
Oh, and don’t forget to stop by tomorrow and I’ll share a printable of the activity cards that I’m putting in our advent calendar.
Noodlehead   pocket advent calendar tutorial tutorial sewing

, , ,

27 Responses to pocket advent calendar tutorial

1. alissa 12.01.2010 at 10:26 am #

Very cute Anna! I love the combination of fabrics – not Christmas, but still festive!

2. Sarah @ Modern Country Style 12.01.2010 at 10:44 am #

This is gorgeous. I love the idea of the little cards in the pockets. Too cute for words!!

And as always, your sewing is so neat!

Sarahx

3. Mary 12.01.2010 at 11:04 am #

Wow, another great tutorial! I might have to make one of these next year when Lauren’s a little older. Love the Heather Bailey fabric you chose!

4. candicem 12.01.2010 at 11:05 am #

I love this … so simple and classy.

5. Beth Adams 12.01.2010 at 11:14 am #

Very cute & I see no sugar involved! Great for my 5yr old grandson. Last year he was so hepped up on sugar after a Holiday party he attacked out Yule tree while he was in the throws of a sugar rush.

6. Chris 12.01.2010 at 11:32 am #

These look wonderful, Anna. I love that they are easily personalized.

7. Katie 12.01.2010 at 11:47 am #

Super cute. Love the style.

8. V and Co. 12.01.2010 at 1:18 pm #

l-o-v-e love it!

9. Kristie 12.01.2010 at 1:27 pm #

Very cute! Love the little notecards.

10. Naturally Carol 12.01.2010 at 2:04 pm #

That was a great project at Gwenny Penny’s, can’t wait to see the activities you’ve chosen for the pockets!

11. picknstitch 12.01.2010 at 6:17 pm #

Wonderful project and great tutorial!

12. Jodie 12.01.2010 at 7:47 pm #

I love the combination of fabric, twill & stamping. It all goes together so fantastic!

13. Larissa 12.01.2010 at 8:56 pm #

love it. I need to do a new advent calendar, since mine is FOREVER old and so ugly that I refuse to put it out. Poor children!

14. Nicole 12.01.2010 at 9:54 pm #

looks exciting and different than the run of the mill advents. great!

15. CraftCrave 12.02.2010 at 12:11 am #

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [02 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

16. inday_adin 12.02.2010 at 3:06 pm #

These is just amazing! I think I might just go with this idea since I haven’t got little buckets yet. Thanks for sharing! :)

Adin B

17. the 30 girl 12.02.2010 at 4:37 pm #

This looks great and I especially love your fabric choices here! I featured this idea on my blog day! [url]http://www.the30girl.com/2010/12/few-holiday-craft-favorites.html[/url]

18. Louisa 12.02.2010 at 7:17 pm #

I really like the fabric you chose. So festive!

19. Nana-Nonsense 12.02.2010 at 9:57 pm #

Love, Love this idea. I have a grand niece that I can do this for next year! Thx!

20. dana 12.03.2010 at 4:02 am #

This is great Anna! I love the little cards you put in there too. And so fun that you shared a printable version with everyone.

21. Christina 12.05.2010 at 1:12 am #

I love this idea for an advent calendar. I think when Brice is a little older I want to do this with him. I love remembering what the season is about (with the cards to do things, like donating toys and the such) and this is a great way to do those kind of things.

22. Cara 12.05.2010 at 5:57 pm #

Great fabric choices!

23. CraftCrave 12.08.2010 at 12:13 am #

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [08 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

24. Gwen @ Gwenny Penny 12.13.2010 at 1:37 am #

Anna, thanks so much for sharing your advent calendar tutorial with everyone. I was so glad to have you be a part of Haul Out the Holly.

25. allysonadeney 11.07.2011 at 9:13 pm #

Hi Noodlehead,
    I love the cuteness of this advent calendar so much I have added it to a recent post about great advent tutorials.
    You can see it here ….
    …if you like.

Thanks for creating it and the other lovely things I come to your blog to enjoy.
    Ally of harrysdesk

26. Tanya 11.12.2011 at 8:06 am #

Hi Anna, I have been a follower for quite a while and really love your blog and all that you share. And this advent calender is awesome! I just wanted to let you know that I have linked to this tutorial on my recent post showing decorations I hope to finally make this year :-). I’m still finding my way in blog land so I hope it was ok to do this. Please let me know if not. Thanks Anna. Tanya xx

27. Sarah Watson 09.18.2012 at 6:26 am #

I was going to try and comment on your whole tutorials page, but alas, I am not super computer smart. What a beautifully laid out and organized tutorial section. Admirable. And the tutorials themselves! I feel like I’m a little old for an Advent calendar… but I LOVE IT. Maybe I’ll just make it my normal calendar.