quilted nesting blocks

Love these quilted nesting blocks that Oh, Fransson! had a tutorial for on Sew, Mama, Sew! last year.  I always wanted to try them.
Noodlehead   quilted nesting blocks sewing quilting
Noodlehead   quilted nesting blocks sewing quilting

I’m not going to say it was a quick project at all.  These three little buggers took over four hours to make, plus hand stitching the tops closed.  For me, that’s a pretty long project.  But these are worth it.
Noodlehead   quilted nesting blocks sewing quilting
A little present for my new nephew for Christmas.
Noodlehead   quilted nesting blocks sewing quilting
At first I thought it wouldn’t really be that fun of a present for him, but after I sat there sewing and interfacing for so long, I think they’ll be fun for him.  I know how kids love stacking and filling boxes, hey, this could be hours of fun for him when he’s ready.  Of course for now they’ll be perfect for storing odds and ends.  Nice!
Noodlehead   quilted nesting blocks sewing quilting

If you missed out seeing the crib set, quilt, and car pillow I made for him, check them out, I’m still finding projects to make using the scraps.  I think some pants are in order.  Noodlehead   quilted nesting blocks sewing quilting   And maybe someday I’ll get around to making a shirt!

Noodlehead   quilted nesting blocks sewing quilting

, , ,

15 Responses to quilted nesting blocks

1. Chris 12.17.2010 at 11:25 am #

These are really cool. I get to work in our church’s nursery, and we have cardboard stacking boxes that the kids love. I’m sure these will be well loved.

2. Admitted Fabricaholic 12.17.2010 at 11:31 am #

So very cute! They came out great! And if he is anything like my daughters with stacking and unstacking, he will love them!

3. Cindy 12.17.2010 at 11:43 am #

These are too cute!:) I remember when my daughter loved putting in and taking out items over and over….haha! He’ll love them- especially since they’re from his auntie!!:)

4. Vanessa 12.17.2010 at 11:45 am #

Those will look great in G’s room!

5. megsmonkeybeans 12.17.2010 at 11:59 am #

Just wanted to pop in and say that 1. love the block/boxes. They turned out way cute. And 2. Can I just say how refreshing it is to hear that a project like this took awhile to make? Sometimes in blogland it seems like people are out there whipping stuff up in a few nanoseconds. It’s nice to know that isn’t always the case. AND I love that even though these took awhile, they’re totally worth it!

6. Jessica 12.17.2010 at 1:28 pm #

I love the fabrics you used. Baskets are a must when you have kids. There are so many great uses for them.

justenoughstyle.blogspot.com

7. Emily 12.17.2010 at 1:30 pm #

These look so fun! Do you want to adopt my daughter as a niece. Ha- just kidding! Merry Christmas!

8. Rachel Hauser 12.17.2010 at 1:49 pm #

I love the playful design of that cross. Fun & Practical – totally a winner of a gift. And, yes, it’s nice to hear that someone else takes awhile on a project like this.

9. Jess 12.17.2010 at 1:55 pm #

they are adorable Anna! and yes, kids love putting things in boxes-so I think you’re golden. :D

10. Lindsay Conner 12.17.2010 at 2:29 pm #

Cute blocks! Noodlehead… Would you be interested in swapping links? I added you to my Blog sidebar http://www.lindsaysews.com. Let me know! lindsay.conner(at)gmail(dot)com

11. Cara 12.17.2010 at 6:00 pm #

Oh! I love them. I would like to make some of these to organize my sewing room.

12. Chancy 12.17.2010 at 6:46 pm #

Great prints and cute box set.

13. Melissa 12.18.2010 at 3:22 pm #

They are so cute! I’m sure your nephew will love them. I have a new baby niece, that’s a great project to keep in mind for her.

14. Rebecca Johnson 12.18.2010 at 7:02 pm #

Oh he will love them!! xx kids love cardboard boxes better than whats in them… im sure fabric ones are the same!! xx

15. Mik 12.21.2010 at 5:09 am #

I made one a year ago and that’s as far as I got. I love your take on these. Oh and thanks for posting your tutorials, I’ve referred to them several times.