new baby gift and flood relief

This little gifty is going out to one of my friends that I’ve known since elementary school.  I can’t say that about a lot of people, so needless to say I’m really glad to still have her as a friend.  She’s due with her second boy in a couple months and I figured these would come in handy with the new babe.
a nursing cover
I highly recommend this tutorial and the final end product for any new mom.  This is such a fun and quick project!  Better yet, it’s a great way to show off a beautiful bold print.  My sister-in-law has a similar handmade nursing cover and it worked so slick.
Makes me wish I would have had one when my girls were nursing.  It came in really handy for her, especially at restaurants, plus it kind of doubles as a giant mommy bib, niiice.
and a diaper pouch

Photobucket

And on a completely different note, Toni of Make it Perfect (book writer, pattern maker extraordinaire) contacted me about the Queensland Flood Appeal Auctions. All of the money being raised in the auctions is going to the Premier’s Auction Relief Fund.

There are over 200 auctions happening on blogs and Facebook starting on Monday, but some have already started (please refer to the master list of auctions on Toni’s blog: http://www.tonicoward.blogspot.com/) and help out our friends on the other side of the hemisphere!

18 Responses to new baby gift and flood relief

1. Katie 01.17.2011 at 9:42 am #

Love both baby gift ideas!

2. Martha 01.17.2011 at 9:46 am #

I love the diaper pouch! I really need one of these for my son- who seems far from ready to be potty trained. I have the day off, I am going to give your tutorial a try :)Thank you!!!

3. Paula 01.17.2011 at 10:25 am #

Truly love them!! Sooo delicate and still most useful..Love the prints you used.
    xoxo

4. Tara 01.17.2011 at 10:45 am #

Hahaa… I could have totally used a giant mommy bib last time we were out to dinner and I decided to tackle chicken noodle soup.

5. Gwen @ Gwenny Penny 01.17.2011 at 11:08 am #

I love that brown fabric. I wish I had used a nursing cover, too. Better than constantly worrying about a receiving blanket falling off my shoulder.

6. The Paisley Abbey 01.17.2011 at 11:08 am #

What a great gift set, I am sure she will love it. I have to say I am quite fond of the fabric as well, but that may be because I made one of my favorite project from it. You can see it at the link below.

Courtney
    ThePaisleyAbbey

7. Sarah R 01.17.2011 at 11:41 am #

I think I know who it’s for! :) :) Great job. The nursing cover I got online is nowhere near as cool as your design.

8. Rachel Hauser 01.17.2011 at 1:02 pm #

ooh, what a pretty diaper holder. The linen is so nice with that print. I had a nursing cover like that too, with my babies. So, so handy!

9. Connie 01.17.2011 at 2:57 pm #

my sister is expecting a little girl in a few months, and i was trying to think of some gifts to make her. this is perfect!

10. m.e (Cathie) 01.17.2011 at 8:20 pm #

very pretty! wish I had one aswell when they were little.

so wonderful of you for mentioning the flood appeal, it’s amazing how much support there has been around the blogosphere.

happy day to you ♥

11. blondechick25 01.17.2011 at 8:57 pm #

Very pretty! I have 2 covers like that which are similar and I LOVE them! They also make great changing table liners when your in a pinch out in public! Love the fabric!

12. Delia 01.18.2011 at 12:15 am #

Oooh pretty. That bold print is perfect.

13. make it perfect 01.18.2011 at 2:04 am #

Cute sewing Anna!
    And thanks so much for helping to spread the word.
    x

14. Ainsley Smith 01.18.2011 at 6:34 am #

Thanks for helping out us Queenslanders – it is so touching to think of people across the world (whose blog I read regularly) going out of their way to help us. Thank-you.

15. eamylove 01.18.2011 at 11:31 am #

This post reminded me that I forgot to thank you for the diaper pouch tutorial. I made one for my friend, who just had her first baby boy 4 days ago. She loves it. (The pouch. And of course the baby. You know what mean…)

16. Myria - Beloved Bijou 01.18.2011 at 8:37 pm #

I love your blog and so I give you the Stylish Blogger Award. Check it out in my post!

Love <3,
    Myria

17. Shari 01.20.2011 at 6:29 pm #

I love your projects! Where do you buy your fabric? My quilting store doesn’t have much of a selection and I think she’s afraid of bright colors. I gave her a small heart attack when I was buying colors for a baby quilt. She kept trying to steer me toward the official baby colors of light pink and light blue. She was aghast when I picked a lime green and purple! :)
    Sharimosser [at]gmaildotcom

18. Anna 01.25.2011 at 10:15 pm #

hi shari. I mostly order online, hawthorne threads, fabricworm, pink chalk fabric, sew mama sew. That’s super funny about your local shop, oh well!