yay for jammies!

Noodlehead   yay for jammies! sewing kids clothes

Since I started really looking at my fabric collection I realized it needs to get used.  I’ve kept some prints for longer than I think is really necessary (for me it’s been about a year and a half), but I think it’s time to move on with some of them and get to ordering more!
One sure fire way to use up a fabric stash is to make clothing.  Usually they take up a lot of fabric and that’s just the ticket!
So I decided a few pairs of jammie pants would do the trick for a little while anyway.
I thought I’d give Toni’s pattern a try and I really like how they came together.
Noodlehead   yay for jammies! sewing kids clothes
I ended up squeezing out a pair for Emily from a half yard for the main part of the pant, and I really liked the way the pants were assembled, so they came together really nicely.  It’s pretty straightforward and I think the fit is really cute.
It was fun to get a chance to make a few buttonholes, which I haven’t made in forever.  But they’re merely cosmetic, so don’t let that throw you off, you could always omit them if talk of buttonholes makes you break out in hives.
Noodlehead   yay for jammies! sewing kids clothes
And doesn’t this pattern, Coastal Breeze look fun? Makes me want to start daydreaming about summer.
Just and FYI, you can also buy Make It Perfect patterns from tons of online retailers. Here’s some at fabricworm.com and a nice selection at Pink Chalk Fabrics.

, ,

33 Responses to yay for jammies!

1. A Pretty Life in the Suburbs 01.21.2011 at 11:25 am #

So pretty!
    Jo-Anna

2. Kat 01.21.2011 at 11:27 am #

These adorable – makes me want to make my girls each a pair!

3. Sew Much Ado 01.21.2011 at 11:37 am #

Those are adorable, I love Toni’s patterns! I need to use up my fabric too, then I wouldn’t have to organize it which I really need to do!

4. Leslie 01.21.2011 at 11:53 am #

these are so cute!!!

5. Christie @ A Lemon Squeezy Home 01.21.2011 at 12:07 pm #

These look great! I have some jammies I’m making this weekend as well, posting next week:). To use up the 5 YARDS of flannel I bought–I hate not using fabric so I think it’s a great idea to hurry and use it before you don’t like it anymore!

6. Vicki K. 01.21.2011 at 12:12 pm #

The jammies and the models are adorable! I like your fabric combinations a lot.

7. hungiegungie 01.21.2011 at 12:18 pm #

super cute pj’s. my daughter ONLY wants to wear pajamas- i should totally make her some cute ones like these. thanks for the idea!

8. Jess 01.21.2011 at 12:35 pm #

pretty fabrics!!

9. Gwen @ Gwenny Penny 01.21.2011 at 12:38 pm #

Adorable, Anna. Are they cotton or flannel? Love the pattern combinations. I’ve been looking at my fabric lately and realizing that I really need to stop buying and start making.

10. Charlotte 01.21.2011 at 12:48 pm #

Super cute, I love these. I have 2 girls and I want to make some for them. Thanks for sharing.

11. affectioknit 01.21.2011 at 12:58 pm #

Super Cute! and comfy looking!

12. Brittany 01.21.2011 at 1:02 pm #

Love the PJs! And if you have any more fabric you’re needing to get rid of I might know someone… ;o)

-Brittany

13. Chris 01.21.2011 at 1:55 pm #

These are fabulous and cute. Jammies are the best.

14. Meg 01.21.2011 at 2:16 pm #

Yes, jammies are an excellent stash buster!

15. Emily 01.21.2011 at 2:54 pm #

Your girls are so pretty! I love these pj pants. I was just thinking how I need to use up my fabric stash too.

16. Sarah - Red Gingham 01.21.2011 at 3:48 pm #

Oh they are just darling! I love the fabrics too especially with the different trim. I want some of these myself. Think I’ll actually do it today in my favourite fabric. No hoarding!

17. MaryJanes and Galoshes 01.21.2011 at 3:58 pm #

These are so fun. Going to check out the pattern!

18. Linen and Tulle 01.21.2011 at 4:22 pm #

They are so cute and the pj’s are too! I really should use up some of my fabric too…. off to look at what I have.

19. jill 01.21.2011 at 6:13 pm #

They look great! Wondering if you’ve ever made the Oliver S PJ’s and how the patterns compare?

20. kirsty 01.21.2011 at 7:27 pm #

Thank you for the inspiration, love the fabric you have chosen, i have three little girls who would all love some new jammies, i’m off to buy myself a pattern! have a great weekend.

x

21. Amanda Elizabeth 01.21.2011 at 7:39 pm #

those are SO cute!!!!!!! Lately I’ve been wanting to make pj pants like crazy; I wish this pattern was adult sized!

22. Cindy 01.21.2011 at 10:51 pm #

These are adorable Anna and look so cute on your girls!!:)

23. Cap Creations 01.22.2011 at 2:06 am #

These are great! Love them!

I must be a total dork cause I can not find the pattern, where do you get it?
    Thanks for your help!

24. Rocio 01.22.2011 at 8:21 am #

Very cute pants! I may try to make them in child and adult size also and have the same for the whole family. That would look really nice and funny.

25. Emily Elizabeth 01.22.2011 at 2:44 pm #

These are so cute! They kind of look like a kid version of Amy Butler’s lounge pants. I’m the same way with my fabric too – I end up hoarding for waaaay too long. I think it’s definitely time to start using up the old and rotating in the new!

26. Noni 01.22.2011 at 8:20 pm #

So cute and they just look so comfy! I love all the patterns they have available!

Okay so what kind of fabric did you use. Will cottons work for this?

27. Angela 01.22.2011 at 9:18 pm #

Seriously, too cute! looks like a good pattern, I’ll definitely have to check it out!

28. Anna 01.22.2011 at 10:58 pm #

jill – I don’t have the oliver + s jammie pattern, but I’m sure they’re relatively comparible.
    cap creations – the patterns can be found at fabricworm.com or pink chalk fabrics, links are the end of the post.
    noni – I used regular quilting cotton, you could also use snuggly flannel! :)

Hope that answers your questions ladies. And thank you all for the sweet comments. :)

29. Denise 01.23.2011 at 1:17 pm #

Great way to use up your stash! They are adorable.

30. Milk & Cookie Party 01.24.2011 at 11:05 am #

Adorable! Great fabric choices.

31. Wendy 01.24.2011 at 12:41 pm #

So lovely! The pair on your littlest is made with Bliss I think, but what’s the fabric for your older girl?

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Easiest Baby Pants to Sew, Ever. - The Sewing Rabbit - 08.17.2014

[…]  ||  Big Butt Baby Pants – Made by Rae  ||  The Basic Kid Pants – Made  ||  Slumber Party Jammies by Make it Perfect – Noodlehead  ||  Quick Kid Pants – Sew Delicious  ||  Pieced Jersey Pants – kojo Designs  || […]

2. Back to Basics - Pants - The Sewing Rabbit - 08.17.2014

[…] Basic Kids Pants Tutorial by Made, 5. Evie’s Green Button Pants by Sewing in No Mans Land, 6. Noodlehead’s Version of the Slumber Party Jammies by Make it […]