kitchen remix

If you know me at all, you know I can’t leave good enough alone.  So I’ve been wanting to re-paint the girls play kitchen and finally did it.  I just couldn’t come up with much with the old green/purple combo.

Noodlehead   kitchen remix
I needed bright and fresh!  Now I feel like I can make some fun accessories for them to play with, a couple aprons are first on the list.
Noodlehead   kitchen remix
Here’s the original post on how I made the kitchen (with help from my dad and husband).  It’s really a great size and even though they don’t play with it a ton, I still think it leads to some fun and creative play time.
Noodlehead   kitchen remix
Noodlehead   kitchen remix

And sorry for those who are waiting for the 241 Tote pattern, it’s been a mix of monsoon season and snow here for the last however many days and I just need a few finished pictures and it’ll be ready! I’ll be back…

Noodlehead   kitchen remix

32 Responses to kitchen remix

1. Christina 03.23.2011 at 10:59 am #

Ooohhhh I love the picture of the bag! Great styling! Brice loves his little Ikea kitchen. He doesn’t play with it everyday, but when he does he has so much fun making us food and tea. I have yet to make him anything for it…but always have plans to!

2. virginiamae 03.23.2011 at 11:06 am #

Ooh, I want to paint my kids’ kitchen! Cute. & um, yeah I want that pattern w/the zips!!! =)

3. hungiegungie 03.23.2011 at 11:13 am #

wow… I can’t believe you made that kitchen!

4. Jessica at Me Sew Crazy 03.23.2011 at 11:36 am #

can’t wait to see that bag – it looks so great hanging off your shoulder!

We have a fake kitchen from Grandpa here in our real kitchen, and both my girls love to play along while Mommy is making dinner – always makes my heart so happy :)

5. Amy 03.23.2011 at 11:49 am #

This turned out great. I’m going through a yellow phase right now, it just seems to go with everything!

6. Jeannie 03.23.2011 at 11:52 am #

Oh my gosh that kitchen set just makes me want to make felt dessert! I love the yellow and white.

7. huntressofnostalgia 03.23.2011 at 11:56 am #

I like the new paint colors, but what happened to the fridge?

8. Liz @ LivingMySweetLife 03.23.2011 at 11:58 am #

Wow that kitchen is amazing!!! I can’t wait for your new bag pattern, I need to make a spring bag!

9. Gingercake 03.23.2011 at 12:13 pm #

cute cute kitchen! I love the look of that last picture you took with your bag. Very stylish. looking forward to more bag pics!

10. Jessica 03.23.2011 at 12:54 pm #

Love the new paint job on the kitchen. The old colors were cute, but this is much more timeless looking.

11. Kerry 03.23.2011 at 1:08 pm #

I could happily play in that myself! Your daughter looks very happy with it.

12. lealu 03.23.2011 at 1:10 pm #

Wow! The fresh paint really fits the upcoming spring. Looks great!

13. Care 03.23.2011 at 1:15 pm #

LOVE the yellow!

14. Rachel Hauser 03.23.2011 at 1:16 pm #

I’m convinced that kids always want to play with THE OTHER KID’s play kitchen. Yours is adorable! We recently got rid of ours because only guests ever played with it…

15. Gwen @ Gwenny Penny 03.23.2011 at 3:16 pm #

I love the new color scheme. It looks very fresh and springy. So cute. Fantastic picture of the new bag, too!

16. Krista 03.23.2011 at 3:32 pm #

my daughters saw the pics of the kitchen this morning and FREAKED OUT. And they’re 8 and 10! I bet you’ll continue to get a lot of use out of it for longer than you think. The new colors are really great.

17. gret 03.23.2011 at 4:16 pm #

Love the the yellow and white, so fresh. Lovely.

18. Melissa Lewis - Midwest Magnolia 03.23.2011 at 4:33 pm #

Oh, that is so cute. Been thinking of getting a play kitchen for my little one. Now, I really want one just for the cuteness factor of yours:)

19. Kris 03.23.2011 at 5:23 pm #

I want to play! :-) It’s so pretty!

20. dana 03.23.2011 at 8:18 pm #

cute cute kitchen and I Love that last shot of you. Looks like a magazine photo.

21. ayumills 03.23.2011 at 9:03 pm #

Love the new colors on the play kitchen! So Cheerful!

22. Crystal - The Domestic Warrior 03.23.2011 at 9:38 pm #

Yeah for yellow! Maybe it’s the end of winter blues (Ok, so it’s definitely that!) but I’m really jonesing for yellow right now. Good luck getting the accessories made. That one has been in my “to-do” list for over a year now. I’m such a slacker… I chuckle now to think about how I told myself that I’d only let the kids have the cheap plastic food “for now”. After all, I’m way to crafty to settle for that, right?? I had visions of cute felt food and home made goodies. Silly me! Hopefully I get it all done before the kiddos outgrow the kitchen. ;-)

23. Anonymous 03.24.2011 at 7:51 am #

My daughter just called out “Can you and Daddy please make us one of those kitchens?” It looks great in yellow. And I love the final shot of you and your new bag – very magazine worthy :)
    nannergirl(at)hotmail(dot)com

24. Gloria Westwood - Play Kitchens 03.24.2011 at 7:55 am #

Did you also make yourself those cute play vegetables your little one is holding on picture?

25. maureencracknell 03.24.2011 at 8:53 am #

I love the white and yellow! I have been considering redoing ours, too. It’s a three piece set and has definitely seen better days. As always, thanks for the inspiration!

26. sewtakeahike 03.24.2011 at 9:15 am #

I looooove the fresh look of white and yellow, it looks great, Anna! And rain, rain, go away! We want Anna’s 241 pattern!!

27. Vicky 03.24.2011 at 10:16 am #

Love the colour choice. Very spring-y and fresh.

28. Elsa 03.24.2011 at 10:43 am #

really cute paint job! they are my kind of colors!
    looking forward to the purse pattern, like those side pockets and the shape of the bag.

29. Mary 03.24.2011 at 12:36 pm #

Hi Anna! I’m loving the yellow – so perfect for spring! Great design on the new bag, and I LOVE the last pic on this post! GREAT bag shot!

30. hart44 03.24.2011 at 4:51 pm #

I just love the way children get lost in roll-play (it’s how it should be). Your daughter must love the nice fresh look kitchen too :)

31. Dahlia 03.25.2011 at 2:57 am #

I love the new colors for their kitchen! So fresh and springy. Those girls are just so dang cute too!!! Beautiful photo of you on the street with your new tote – I just love your creativity! Oh, and I’ve got photos to email you…

32. jayayceeblog 03.28.2011 at 6:53 pm #

My youngest daughter had a play kitchen, although much smaller than yours, and she spent hours a day playing with it. Your paint colors are wonderful and I love the basket of squooshy veggies!