Sometimes I feel like this blog is too much, in both good and not-so-good ways. I don’t want to ever come across as just wanting to talk about myself and how cool I am (because I’m definitely not). I never would have thought that after starting this blog that anyone would be interested in reading what I have to say. It’s become overwhelming in two very different ways:
- Overwhelming in an awesome way due to the fact that I’m very grateful to have you all as readers, I’m so glad you’ve found some of the things I do interesting. I’m very grateful to have found wonderful friends that are encouraging and interested in the same things I am.
- It’s also overwhelming because it hasn’t been easy. It may look all peachy and fun all day long everyday at my house, but we all know that’s not the truth. Like many of you I like to keep things positive and filled with the things I like and enjoy. I struggle everyday to find the balance between my family, my job, and my hobbies.
Those are just a few things I’ve been thinking about lately.
We did have time make a fun little project over the weekend.
Natalie and Emily have been obsessed with the box of felt that I have, and coincidentally never use. So we decided to make a felt board. My husband had never heard of such a thing. It was fun making it though, I just bought a cork board at target and used spray adhesive to attach a large piece of felt. Then we got to work cutting out shapes!
And lastly, I wanted to share some fun things going on on some blogs I enjoy:
- Gwen from Gwenny Penny and Chris from Pickup Some Creativity are hosting a sew-along using Lisette’s Portfolio Dress pattern (Lisette patterns are by the same designer as the well loved Oliver + S patterns and available at Joann’s/Hancock fabrics, etc.).
- Made-by Rae’s Spring Top Sewalong is coming up, so now would be a perfect chance to get some fabric and ideas together.
- Elsie Marley is hosting another Kids Clothes Week Challenge, join Meg in the fun of building your kids’ wardrobes.
- Heather Ross just posted some fun swatches up her upcoming collection Far Far Away II for Kokka, she also mentioned that she’ll be selling wall paper soon. I’m not really a wall paper fan, but it’ll definitely be interesting to see what they’re all about.
- Rachel of Stitched in Color had posted an interesting topic the other day, it was the first time I ever read through all the comments on someone else’s blog post.