collecting and re-decorating

I’m sure excited to read about everyone’s experiences at Quilt Market.  Can’t wait to see all the cool pics of upcoming stuff.

Noodlehead   collecting and re decorating
[work in progress! dog was hoovering for lost snacks in the couch]

I ended up painting our living room this weekend and I love the change.  The color is a really nice light gray.  I had the room a light-ish yellow before and I couldn’t stand it anymore!  Now with the gray it’ll be fun to incorporate some fun pillows and artwork and blankets.

Noodlehead   collecting and re decorating
[how’s this for messy?!]

The room is still a major work in progress because the space is actually a combined living dining room, which I love because I think it’s quite unusual for a 60 year old home.

Noodlehead   collecting and re decorating
[my new-to-me mini credenza]

I was spurred on to doing some redecorating after craigslist got the best of me with some fun mid-century pieces.  Ever since I scored my danish dresser and bench I’ve been on the hunt to see what else I could find.

Noodlehead   collecting and re decorating
[scored two side chairs – to be re-covered]

I just. can’t. help. it.

I’ve also been hitting up a few estate sales and walked away pretty happy with some fun pyrex and vintage hankies.

Noodlehead   collecting and re decorating
Noodlehead   collecting and re decorating

Noodlehead   collecting and re decorating

I’m hoping to incorporate my new japanese stacking mugs into my dining room somehow, I got some off etsy and the rest randomly at a thrift store.

Noodlehead   collecting and re decorating

So what are you into collecting?  Besides fabric that is.  Noodlehead   collecting and re decorating

Noodlehead   collecting and re decorating

ps. paint color is called Gull by Martha Stewart at Home Depot, I had them color match it for the Behr paint/primer combo, love it so much

, ,

29 Responses to collecting and re-decorating

1. moxiemandie 05.16.2011 at 1:44 pm #

I collect fiestaware dishes! So fun & functional, too!

(I sound like a commercial, don’t I?)

2. Jeannie 05.16.2011 at 2:04 pm #

Good job! with your creative mind you will bring it all together like a dream!!
    I love depression glass but don’t really collect per-say.

3. Kerry 05.16.2011 at 2:20 pm #

What great finds! The handles on those little cups are perfect. I love the Mid C furniture but can’t really persuade my husband on much of it, your sideboard/cupboard thing is lovely!

4. Suzie 05.16.2011 at 2:38 pm #

…trying not to be envious about you getting those pyrex bowls..trying really hard…

5. Melanie@Crafty Cupboard 05.16.2011 at 2:55 pm #

I collect vintage pyrex too, and broke a great one two weeks ago. I almost cried!
    I can never find MCM furniture for a steal. I can’t afford to pay what most people ask (when they know what they have!) so I am always on the hunt for a good bargain. You got some fabulous finds!

6. Debbie @ OtRD 05.16.2011 at 2:59 pm #

Great finds! I have a set of those pyrex bowls (from my grandmother) and love them.

7. Chris 05.16.2011 at 3:19 pm #

Oh, you lucky duck. I love the midcentury furniture you found.

8. Marilyn 05.16.2011 at 3:48 pm #

Those bowls are right out of my cupboard and I love those cups. I bought 3 bone china tea cups at an estate sale last week for $5 each. They are 25 and up at antique malls in this area. That’s just one thing I collect (besides fabric:)))).

9. Angela {fussycut} 05.16.2011 at 4:17 pm #

fun! love it all: the gray walls, pyrex, and hankies!!

10. Jenette 05.16.2011 at 4:59 pm #

I LOVE the yellow bowl set—I have one too and it makes me smile every time I use them!

11. Poppyprint 05.16.2011 at 5:22 pm #

Just fabric. And more fabric.
    Love your new pieces!

12. **nicke... 05.16.2011 at 6:02 pm #

i am just trying to collect more fabric! and blue mason jars. and old windows. and kisses from my kiddos…

13. Dawn 05.16.2011 at 6:11 pm #

i have the big yellow bowl-it was my grandmother’s and i use it all the time-wish i had the other ones too!!

14. Anonymous 05.16.2011 at 7:19 pm #

My sister collects pyrex and hankies too.

15. Emily Elizabeth 05.16.2011 at 7:24 pm #

Oh, what lovely pieces! I’ve got a soft spot for vintage pyrex as well and snatch it up whenever I see it for a good deal. Along with that I’m addicted to vintage sheets and blue ball mason jars – I think I’ve got about 90 of them!

16. seaschell 05.16.2011 at 7:32 pm #

An easier question might be, what don’t I collect? Vintage Pyrex, vintage sheets, vintage sewing supplies, fabric, yarn, and I used to collect tea and snack sets but stopped that because it was taking up too much room in my kitchen. There’s probably more but those are the first to come to mind… :)

17. Miss Cinti - my poppet 05.16.2011 at 10:30 pm #

Those mugs are fantastic finds, near impossible to get here in australia

18. Gwen @ Gwenny Penny 05.17.2011 at 2:33 am #

I love Pyrex. The colors are so bold and fun. I have a small collection of red pieces. Your Japanese stacking mugs are awesome!

19. Naturally Carol 05.17.2011 at 3:21 am #

Looks like you’ve got a whole new vintage look emerging at your place!

20. Bec 05.17.2011 at 7:30 am #

Ahhh Love it!!… My mother in law is redecorating and we go op shop hunting!! Its a blast! Im loving doilies, old chairs i can recover, stools.. cut class trays, ahh actually nearly everything! xx Enjoy your redo! xx bec

21. Erin 05.17.2011 at 12:05 pm #

I am so absolutely jealous of your vintage pyrex! I have the yellow bowl and dang it if my lovely mom came to take care of me during a surgery last December and starting scrubbing the bowl…and the yellow color…right off the side :( I have been hunting for a set for ages!

I adore vintage kitchen anything! I plan to repaint my kitchen soon and redo the counter tops. Your style and initiative are giving me the impetus to start sooner than later!

Thanks!

Erin @ chopstitch

22. crafterhours 05.17.2011 at 1:49 pm #

Oh I LOVE those mugs! You have to keep them out where everyone can see them. They double as decor :)

I collect nothing (except fabric!) When you move every 3 years and have a weight limit, you have to be frugal. I kinda love not having “stuff” though. When we get back to our own house, I’m going to work hard to keep out the stuff! (unless it’s super cute japanese mugs)

23. hart44 05.18.2011 at 6:25 am #

I love your collection of mugs, the colours are so cheerful :)
    Im still trying to paint my nasty pine kitchen cupboards cream, it is starting to look so much brighter but a bit more to do yet lol.
    Apart from fabric (and dust as Im busy sewing to clean lol) I collect anything with hearts :)

24. Erin 05.18.2011 at 12:15 pm #

i like your new wall color. i find gray soothing. i love your mcm furniture finds! our homes are very similar… older home with vintage furniture and the same brown rug! :)

25. Liz @ LivingMySweetLife 05.18.2011 at 3:01 pm #

I am so jealous of all the sunlight you get! It’s goiing to look wonderful!

26. Dahlia 05.19.2011 at 3:05 am #

I love it – can’t wait to see all the finished photos! The credenza is such a great find. We need something like that around here…the top of our chest freezer isn’t as organized and pretty as your piece :) I love your house Anna, and your style. Thanks for the inspiration, as always!!!

27. luvinthemommyhood 05.19.2011 at 11:15 pm #

Oh Anna……I’m dying over those mugs!!! I’ve been hunting for some for eons! Lucky you!!! And the pyrex – fab! I’ll be right over to help ya paint and for some tea!
    Hugs hun :)

28. Mitzi Green 07.14.2011 at 10:59 pm #

yay, another mid-century nerd! :) i’ve been redecorating our 1957 suburban split-level home in “mid-century modest” (as defined by Pam Kueber of retrorenovation.com, check out her site, it’s awesome) and craig’s list has been my bestest friend. if you’re ever in kcmo, look me up–i’ll take you to the Best. “Thrift”. store. EVAH. seriously, you would die. in a good way. :)

29. Lesley 12.31.2011 at 8:07 pm #

I’m jealous over your furniture finds! They are beautiful. I just hopped over from your post about re-covering the chairs, and they look amazing! I collect vintage, specifically Pyrex and glassware. I have found one of the Japanese mugs, and hope to find more.