progress

Just a few random Saturday kind of shots.

Noodlehead   progress sewing

We’ve been circling the block riding these every chance we get.  Emily got a helmet finally (slacker mom), so now she’s having a blast speeding around on her bike.  Still need to figure out how to use the breaks. Watch out!

Noodlehead   progress sewing

Squeaked in a little sewing time here and there.  I thought I might totally flop on this one, but it seems to be turning around.

Noodlehead   progress sewing

And because I need an ever flowing stream of goodness in my mailbox, I like to order myself more fabric that what I can use up at the moment.  Surely I can’t be the only one who does that?  Getting mail makes me feel special.

Have a great weekend!  And don’t forgot to stop in on Monday for Sewing with Knits Mondays!  I’ve got something special lined up.

, ,

17 Responses to progress

1. Amy 07.30.2011 at 10:32 am #

no, you are not the only one that buys more fabric than can be used up at the moment :) I think it would take me years to use up my fabric, it’s a good thing my husband doesn’t care :) Your pile is lovely, I am loving that seed packet fabric and all those yummy solids!

2. tinajo 07.30.2011 at 10:32 am #

This fabric makes me drool – and I always go overboard with ordering supplies. That is half of the fun! :-D

3. Nancy D. 07.30.2011 at 11:18 am #

I’m the same way with goodness in my mailbox. I’ve got so many projects I could work on without adding to the collection but it’s so easy to order more lovelies online. And they add to the colorfulness of my sewing area.

4. Kristie 07.30.2011 at 11:25 am #

LOL! Well, I must be VERY special as my mailbox is always filled to the brim with fabric-y goodness! My parents were collecting our mail last week while we were away, and they wondered if I had won the lottery or something from all the big packages! I will definitely never be able to use all this up before I croak!

btw- had a great time at the Dells, you should totally take the girls! Will be posting more about it when I am officially out of holiday mode ;)

5. The Hunter's Prize 07.30.2011 at 11:48 am #

I always get the urge to buy things so I can have mail! It’s the dangerous part about have an Etsy/Paypal account. It’s not really ‘real’ money, right?

6. Krista 07.30.2011 at 11:49 am #

Oh my, having that much fabric to choose from might send me into full-on sewing paralysis! But wow, what a beautiful sight. I am curious about the mustard yellow one with white… somethings printed on it. Looks cuuuuute.

7. Delia 07.30.2011 at 12:02 pm #

Ha ha..watch out indeed. Owen likes to see how close he can get to things without hitting them. Yikes. :) Love that first picture.

8. Tutinella 07.30.2011 at 4:20 pm #

I’m an addict too – I buy and buy and can say no to a cute print :/ And to make things worse, a shop near my work has a 70% off promo offer… I go there every second day :P

9. chris 07.30.2011 at 5:12 pm #

I would love to learn how you piece those curves. I love that scalloped look.

10. Sascha 07.30.2011 at 11:22 pm #

I order way too much fabric. FYI, I bought 7″ zippers for one of your zippy wallets about 4 months ago and still haven’t made one. It’s shameful.

11. QuiltyGirl 07.30.2011 at 11:38 pm #

I can’t wait to see more of what you’re working on!
    And yes, I love fun mail too. :) great fabric stack!

12. Dahlia 07.31.2011 at 2:29 am #

Checking the mail is totally the highlight of my afternoon!!! I LOVE getting mail too :) And I just love those girls – so cute!! (oh, and don’t worry, you’re in good company at getting a bike helmet…eventually) :)

13. glitter girl 07.31.2011 at 12:45 pm #

I have a mile-long list of projects that I want to start now for Christmas! =) Where do you usually order your fabrics from?

14. Ange Moore 07.31.2011 at 8:49 pm #

No, you’re not the only one! Now to find some time (and be brave) and cut into some of those lovely fabrics.

I also have similar weakness for knitting yarn!

15. Vicky 08.03.2011 at 7:43 am #

Everyone love getting pretty things through the mail.
    My girls can’t use their brakes either and they don’t have stabilisers anymore! Dangerous!

16. One Flew Over 08.04.2011 at 5:39 am #

Your girls are too cute xx

17. Kirsty 08.07.2011 at 12:54 pm #

Your little girls are adorable! So sweet they’re almost distracting me from that amazing pile of fabric.

Almost….