sewing with knits mondays: where to shop, patterns, and wrap up

We’re at the final wrap up for Sewing with Knits Mondays, Shannon and I have had such a blast putting fun projects together and feeling a little more confident sewing with knits.  I hope you give knits a try, it’s really a pretty forgiving fabric if you give it a chance.

In case you missed out on any past Mondays here are the posts:

Noodlehead   sewing with knits mondays: where to shop, patterns, and wrap up sewing with knits sewing pattern

And now for some knit fabric fun!  You might have found it difficult to find shops online that carry knits, so here’s a little list of places I’ve found (feel free to add your favs in the comments).  And there’s probably a descent selection at your local hancock fabrics, hobby lobby, or joanns, just check it out, you might be surprised by what you find! And I should mention that at Spoonflower you can design your own knit fabric or shop from independent designers.

And if you’re in the mood to try out some fun knit sewing patterns, here are a few awesome shops with plenty of knit fabric sewing patterns to try!

Thank you for hanging out with us for Sewing with Knits Mondays!  I really hope you give them a try and try something new. And a huge thank you to Shannon for joining me, it was so fun to have a partner in crime.  ♥

13 Responses to sewing with knits mondays: where to shop, patterns, and wrap up

1. Erin 08.29.2011 at 3:35 pm #

Found all your sewing with knits posts very helpful and not too scary at all!! In fact, just bought some knit this morning at joann’s… thinking about making a dress for my girl :)

2. quirky granola girl 08.29.2011 at 5:23 pm #

i’m too far behind in blog reading to comment on each post of yours that i love, but i did go back to read it all and you have been very busy making gorgeous stuff.

i worked with some knits a year and a half ago and it was fun to tackle a challenge and get better at it. unfortunately i haven’t worked with them since and now i feel rusty :)

you are so prolific with your bags and clutches. i bookmark tutorials and buy patterns, but i never get around to making any. maybe 2012 will be the year of bags and knits for me.

i also want to say how much i like the quilt you made for your bed. i love how straightforward it is. you showcased a beautiful print and it does the job. i could use more simple piecing in my life :)

oh! and you and your daughters are gorgeous. i love the bag and dress and skirt modeling on your blog. beautiful pictures that capture a bit of fun.

happy sewing to you!
    melinda

3. Carolyn 08.29.2011 at 6:36 pm #

Yay for the list of great places to buy knits!! I always wondered where everybody else got their adorable knits…and now I know!

• paul sam 06.27.2014 at 4:01 pm #

It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.
      Modafinil Online

4. Stitchin' time 08.29.2011 at 8:18 pm #

It’s Spring here in 2 days so I’ll have to find time to put away the wovens and dig out the knit fabrics I’ve ‘collected’ over the years. Thanks so much for the Sewing with knits Mondays :D!
    Cheers,
    Robyn

5. Sewing Tutorials Library 08.29.2011 at 10:02 pm #

I’d like to add a knit source!
    Chez Ami is a kids’ clothing designer that sells their fabric too. I’ve bought lots of it and it’s great quality, great for kid’s clothing. The main site is ChezAmi.com and I will try to link to the fabric page below.

If the link doesn’t work, just go to ChezAmi.com and click the link labeled “Fabric By The Yard” on the left side of the page.

• SEO Liverpool 05.16.2014 at 5:27 am #

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.

6. Sewing Princess 08.30.2011 at 4:25 am #

Great list. I would like to add one more link for PDF pattern (kids and women) and ready-made clothes

She is soon to release a woman Tee pattern. You may want to get in touch with her, she is very talented and has a background in fashion design

7. neubiewaters 08.30.2011 at 10:40 am #

The red cowl neck dress…is that Ottobre? If so, do you know what issue? I LOVE it!

• SEO Liverpool 05.16.2014 at 5:29 am #

I think I am quite anxious about this technical meeting and I want to know the feedback of this meeting.I am sure it will be an extremely informative one and all those will attend it will be quite beneficial.

8. Anonymous 09.01.2011 at 10:09 am #

please don’t stop sewing with knits Mondays it is too awesome, the possibilities are endless we need your guidance. Plus there is so much more to cover. love this.

9. Janet Jin 07.23.2013 at 12:40 pm #

Hi! Great post on resources. :) Thank you for the mention.

~Janet http://www.girlcharlee.com/

10. Timber Merchants Leeds 05.19.2014 at 7:56 am #

You produce a great point in your own final paragraph. We couldn’t agree more together with your points. In today’s modern world, your approach to this issue is lacking in today’s kids. We need to ensure that our kids find out more on this topic so we nev