pockets full of clutches

Noodlehead   pockets full of clutches uncategorized
Here’s my little story, I hope you find it worth while.  If you’ve been reading my blog for any length of time you’ll realize I love to make bags and wallets and little useful day-to-day stuff.  I can’t help it, somehow making something that I can use over and over again brings me so much joy.  The other part is that I love dreaming up my own designs, and bringing them to life is incredibly fulfilling (and time consuming).  You see, I have this extremely practical side that is always looking over my shoulder.  I spot a cute pattern or tutorial someone has made and I just can’t wait to try it.  I don’t find it any less satisfying to sew things that others have designed, in fact, it’s incredibly rewarding in and of itself.  I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be sewing today if I hadn’t taken the time to explore what others were sewing and given it a try myself.  I’ve learned so much.  From every project I pick up little tricks or maybe figure out a new construction method.  Not only is it fun to support fellow sewists, I get a little peek into their world.  Another way that sewing is just so amazing to me.  Okay, enough with my super deep thoughts for the day…
Noodlehead   pockets full of clutches uncategorized

Noodlehead   pockets full of clutches uncategorized

So the end of that little story ends like this:  I bought Keyka Lou‘s (now named Michelle’s Patterns) pocket clutch pattern at least two years ago and just haven’t taken the time to sew it up.  Well now I can say I did, and love it.  I definitely recommend this pattern (plus she has an infinite number of other patterns) it’s such a nice satisfying little project that uses hardly any fabric, but you get that wow factor.  Awesome, right?!

Noodlehead   pockets full of clutches uncategorized

I couldn’t believe that after sitting down and sewing for a few hours that I had 4 pretty little clutches each going out to a special woman in my life.  Oh, and you know I had to make one for myself.  I’d been saving up my special scrap of Heather Ross‘s paper hats fabric I had gotten from her studio sale last year.

Noodlehead   pockets full of clutches uncategorized

And of course I had to use up some of my Liberty of London bundle, no regrets with that little splurge.

Noodlehead   pockets full of clutches uncategorized

So I hope this weekend you can maybe sit down and sew something you’ve always wanted to but have always brushed aside.  And thank you so much for supporting me by purchasing my patterns, using my tutorials, and leaving such amazing and generous comments.  Thank you.  ♥  oh and hope everyone at Sewing Summit has a blast!!!!

Noodlehead   pockets full of clutches uncategorized

75 Responses to pockets full of clutches

1. Heather 10.07.2011 at 10:20 am #

those may be the CUTEST little clutches i’ve seen in a while! that Liberty ones make my innies scream joy!! LOL

alas, i’m off to finish my Schoolhouse Tunic today though… sigh… such a rough life… LOL

x, h

2. Rebecca 10.07.2011 at 10:22 am #

Ohhh – they are great. The paper hats one rocks my socks :) Your ladies will love receiving those!!

3. Krista 10.07.2011 at 10:33 am #

They’re perfect! Your pairings of fabrics are right on. I especially love the Liberty sunflowers with the graph paper. Keyka Lou patterns really are great.

This post reminds me that I have yet to try your new bag pattern!

Thank you for being such an inspirational friend! Your sewing is spectacular.

4. Michelle 10.07.2011 at 10:35 am #

They are lovely x

5. {Leila}Where the Orchids Grow 10.07.2011 at 10:36 am #

oh my goodness these are totally cute Anna!!
    Some days it’s so comforting to follow a pattern. I feel I get to play more with fabric when I don’t have to come up with the design myself.
    Lucky ladies to be receiving such a cute clutch!!

6. chris 10.07.2011 at 10:39 am #

The clutches are adorable. I may have to find that pattern, too. :) You always make fun fabric combinations that I love. Happy weekend to you!

7. amy 10.07.2011 at 10:45 am #

they are adorable!!! Love the fabrics (those paper hats are fantastic!! ) and your hand stitches! This is one of my favorite patterns of hers, such a great shape and size.

8. Lydia 10.07.2011 at 10:49 am #

LOVE! Wow, those are super cute and practical…love the bluish-paisley pattern one but they are all wonderful! Nice work! I love you cute, practical items! Aren’t you glad it all began with those 2 zippered pouches you made for me?
    Just look at how many awesome things you have created since then!!!

9. Grandma G 10.07.2011 at 10:50 am #

Those are soooo cute. I just may have to get that pattern for myself!

10. ayumills 10.07.2011 at 10:54 am #

Those are so cute and I need a little clutch like that too! It’s so fun to make something easy, cute, and practical, isn’t it? Now I am off to her shop!

11. Karen 10.07.2011 at 11:00 am #

I love your fabric choices! I also purchased that pattern some time ago, and now I think I will try it out.

12. Carolyn 10.07.2011 at 11:01 am #

Oh, they are gorgeous…and I love how they’re each so different.
    I have plenty of patterns that have been sitting in a pile for several years…perhaps you’ve inspired me to break a couple of them open!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

13. gail 10.07.2011 at 11:06 am #

every one of those is super fabulous! definitely inspired to pull out my unused keyka lou patterns!

14. Bethany 10.07.2011 at 11:06 am #

I’m glad I’m not the only one who buys a pattern and takes a gazillion years to finally get around to it. Those are super adorable! I might do some Keyka Lou “investing” this weekend :)

15. bethanndodd 10.07.2011 at 11:07 am #

Must buy that pattern! Love them!
    Smiles~Beth

16. Vanessa 10.07.2011 at 11:07 am #

I love using other people’s patterns! Most of the hard work is already done which leaves more time for deciding what fabrics to use ;) I have that same Liberty print (bottom clutch in first photo) and can’t decide what to use it for!

17. Kimberly 10.07.2011 at 11:17 am #

I LOVE Michelle’s patterns and own far too many! That said… I just came across your blog and am loving it too! Now that the coffee’s poured, I can take a little time and get to know you!
    Have a great weekend, Kimberly

18. Vanilla 10.07.2011 at 11:23 am #

These are adorable!!!! I love your fabric choices!

19. Kristie 10.07.2011 at 11:25 am #

Those are great. You chose fantastic fabrics. I love the extra stitching on the flaps too. Lovely.

20. Melinda 10.07.2011 at 11:42 am #

I’ve made this pattern too using the Echino woodland print with the spiderweb focused on the closure tab. I really enjoyed making that little clutch. Right now I am slogging through some large and complicated duffle bags. I can’t wait to get back to small satisfying projects like these.

21. Craft Couture by T.C. 10.07.2011 at 12:09 pm #

when I read your post…I said to myself..this is exactly how I feel :)
    I have bought a few patterns from Keyka Lou…some of them was bought over a year ago. After seeing your clutches..I think I will have to try to make some myself. They are so cute! I especially like the orange one with the paper hat. The fabric is so adorable. :) Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

22. ESPERANZA 10.07.2011 at 12:38 pm #

GREAT IDEA!!!! THE COLORS ARE PERFECT:!!!!!!!

23. The Rogers Life 10.07.2011 at 12:52 pm #

Super Cute!!

24. lrstitched.com 10.07.2011 at 12:53 pm #

The liberty one is ADORABLE!! Adding something else to my to-make list.

25. Suzanne 10.07.2011 at 1:04 pm #

Very cute! I love this new design!

26. Sascha 10.07.2011 at 1:19 pm #

I totally own a few of her patterns and I have yet to make one! Don’t know what that’s about. Seeing yours makes me want to finally make one. I think I even have the same one you have but it may actually be the other cute little bubble shaped pouch. It’s been so long I’m not even sure. Yikes.

27. Mary on Lake Pulaski 10.07.2011 at 1:28 pm #

Every bag or clutch or pouch you make just says cute to me Anna! I need to make a bunch of those for the special women in my life too! Great idea. Have a super weekend – I know I will!

28. Carla 10.07.2011 at 1:37 pm #

Those are little bundles of sunshine! Oh so cute! There are tones of awesome tutorials, including yours, out there that it seems I’ll never have enough time to try them all. What’s a girl to do…

29. Jennifer @ Ellison Lane Quilts 10.07.2011 at 1:56 pm #

Those are adorable Anna! :)

30. Suzee 10.07.2011 at 1:58 pm #

Darling!! Those would so cute just sitting on a coffee table in a bowl to admire!! hehe
    I love the teal paisley one the best! Is that detail stitching on the flap??
    I love Keyka Lou’s patterns! And very much love your blog and all you do for us crafters to let us use your tutorials!! Thank you!

31. Amy 10.07.2011 at 2:25 pm #

They are adorable Anna, and I agree, her patterns are great and sometimes just what you need :)

32. Jessica 10.07.2011 at 2:39 pm #

I love them all Anna! I have a couple of her patterns that I bought months ago- I need to sewn them up, you’ve inspired me

33. Liz @ LivingMySweetLife 10.07.2011 at 2:55 pm #

oh.. now I want to make some! I have this pattern also. I finally got my sewing mojo back this week and now I just want to sew EVERYTHING i see!

34. Jensarat Designs 10.07.2011 at 3:02 pm #

Hi! Just found your blog via Hawthorne Threads. Absolutely adorable little clutches. I am definitely going to make some! Karen/JensaratDesigns

35. Katherine 10.07.2011 at 3:04 pm #

Super cute!

36. Schnulli 10.07.2011 at 3:06 pm #

It´s absolutly amazing….

37. Sasha 10.07.2011 at 3:11 pm #

Oh those are so cute!!! I love them!!! Every single one of them =D I think I might have to make one for myself =D

38. Live a Colorful Life 10.07.2011 at 3:34 pm #

so cute. Love the paper hat fabric–and it’s ORANGE. Couldn’t get any better than that!

39. Gwen @ Gwenny Penny 10.07.2011 at 4:12 pm #

What an adorable group of little clutches. One by itself would have been cute, but four of them? I love the paper hats… any idea what that fabric on the interior is?

40. The Hunter's Prize 10.07.2011 at 5:06 pm #

Keyka Lou has adorable patterns! I love her checkbook one, perfect for using up small leftovers.

41. Dalya 10.07.2011 at 5:29 pm #

Really beautiful clutches! Love the fabric choices. My favorite one is the paper hat one! Love your patterns and tutorials, you are always sewing something useful and beautiful! :)

42. **Anne** 10.07.2011 at 5:46 pm #

These are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.
    Anne xx

43. Conny's Cottage 10.07.2011 at 5:56 pm #

very sweet!

44. MaryAnnB 10.07.2011 at 5:56 pm #

Love Michelle’s patterns! I just cut out a ‘litte dumpling’ to match your ‘Go Anywhere’ Bag pattern I made last night/this morning! Will send you photos as I’ve made two “Go Anywhere’ Bags this week, yes patterns I’ve wanted to make and FINALLY sat down and just did them! Love you patterns Anna, somewhere is a ruffled clutch I made for a friend, still haven’t seen her to give it to!

45. Katy Cameron 10.07.2011 at 6:19 pm #

Cute wee clutches, and love the wooden buttons

46. kristin 10.07.2011 at 6:31 pm #

those are all so cute, anna! love the fabrics and they seem like perfect “date night” mini-clutches.

47. Olivia 10.07.2011 at 7:07 pm #

Yes! You are right. There are so many projects that I would love to do but “push aside” for other more important things (which mostly include the laundry). :)

The heck with laundry! This weekend I am going to sew a couple of plaid dresses two tiny girls have been waiting on. Thanks for the inspiration!

48. Jeannie 10.07.2011 at 7:09 pm #

You did a bang up job on those! I have yet to make one :( Love her patterns too. These are really super cute!

49. Poppyprint 10.07.2011 at 10:02 pm #

They are all adorable!!!

50. quirky granola girl 10.07.2011 at 10:41 pm #

i have four of her patterns and haven’t made one yet. yours are soooo cute. the paper boats one is the very very best.

51. Cindy 10.07.2011 at 11:22 pm #

Anna, these are sooo cute- I love them all!:) Have a great weekend!!

52. Lesley 10.08.2011 at 12:47 am #

I saw this on your flickr stream, and had to check it out on your blog, too. These are so cute! I love your fabric choices. You always do such awesome things :)

53. Dahlia 10.08.2011 at 1:28 am #

The title of this post reminded me of Jimmy Fallon’s “pocket full of H’s” song on Electric Company. ha!

These are stinkin’ cute!!! And I’ve been meaning to sew a duvet cover…maybe this weekend will be the one to get ‘er done.

And I love the paper hats & Liberty of London fabrics, so unique!!

54. Sherry 10.08.2011 at 6:24 am #

This is really cute. Do you know of any patterns for purses or wallets with lots of card slots?

55. Emily 10.08.2011 at 2:03 pm #

Love these and your fabric choices. :)

56. CÖ SER 10.09.2011 at 12:58 am #

me enamore¡¡¡
    el tutorial?
    gracias
    carolyn

57. lili ash 10.09.2011 at 1:58 am #

Very cute and I love the fabrics that you used! Too perfect.

58. Maxabella 10.09.2011 at 7:11 am #

They are very special, Anna. As always, I love the fabrics you’ve chosen. x

59. elnorac 10.09.2011 at 3:02 pm #

Those little clutches are sooooo yummy, Anna!!!! I love it when you share quick projects with us.

60. Caity 10.09.2011 at 4:15 pm #

Thank you – you have just solved my – “what to make for Christmas gifts” problem – they are so gorgeous!!!!

61. Larissa 10.09.2011 at 9:37 pm #

Oh, Anna, I’m especially in love with the one that has the chambray/denim tab. Gorgeous Liberty!

62. Jess 10.09.2011 at 10:54 pm #

these are GORGEOUS Anna. I love the stitching on the little straps. love the fabric choices, of course.

63. Marisa 10.10.2011 at 12:30 am #

Anna,
    These are so super pretty. I am always impressed to see somebody use Liberty fabrics in a creative way. You have done good!! Beautiful work.

64. Ali 10.10.2011 at 7:44 am #

Oh wow, these are too cute! I have stacks of fabric I can see being used for these :)
    Beautiful!
    Ali

65. lealu 10.10.2011 at 8:48 am #

Again! Love them, love them, love them!

66. twin fibers 10.11.2011 at 10:16 am #

Those are so cute! I love the little extra details with the stitching. :)

67. Wag Doll 10.11.2011 at 12:11 pm #

Oh these are just gorgeous! I want one for my phone :-) x

68. Grandma G 10.11.2011 at 1:33 pm #

Look what you made me do! Here it is!

Thanks!! So fun!

69. Lindsey 10.11.2011 at 4:04 pm #

Oh, those little clutches are too freaking cute! I may need to buy that pattern……

70. Delia 10.13.2011 at 10:41 pm #

That clutch is adorable! I love how it opens up. So pretty.

71. Mauri 10.16.2011 at 1:57 am #

these are adorable! I’ve been meaning to use your tutorials and sew some little wallets for a long time now… maybe this winter?
    :) I have had my favorites bookmarked forever!

72. Unknown 11.30.2013 at 9:43 am #

Olá, Bom dia… adorei esta carteira, voce tem como me passar o molde? Obrigada…bjs

73. Emily Park 01.14.2014 at 3:14 pm #

I can’t find the pattern to these clutches and it is KILLING ME! can you send me a more direct link? I have spent a lot of time looking for the pattern on KeykaLou’s website…PLEASE? You did such a cute job…