i sewed

Yep, I did.  It’s been a while.  Believe me, every night after I get the girls in bed I’ve thought to myself, this is the night.  But days and weeks passed.  Life happens.  You know the drill.

Noodlehead   i sewed uncategorized

Noodlehead   i sewed uncategorized

But last night I actually sat down, my handmade gift list in hand.  It’s long and ambitious, I’m 100%  sure I won’t get to all of it.  I looked through my fabric stacks.  It was fun, I actually hadn’t looked at them in so long, it was fun to see what I really had.

Noodlehead   i sewed uncategorized

Topping my list was a long overdue request, kind enough to be extended until Christmas.  A pair of purple and blue zippy wallets.  Sweet and simple.  I used some precious scraps, one liberty of london purple flowery type print, the other a scrap of vintage barkcloth given to me by my friend Erica.  A couple hours later, one item off to check off my list.  Feels really good.

Noodlehead   i sewed uncategorized

Now onto the rest, eek!  Hope your last minute holiday shopping and making are fun.

50 Responses to i sewed

1. amy 12.15.2011 at 3:11 pm #

so cute!! so glad you got to sew! :)

2. Emily 12.15.2011 at 3:12 pm #

These are darling! Glad you got to sew! :)

3. Grandma G 12.15.2011 at 3:21 pm #

Very cute! Yeah, we CAN get things done when we put our minds to it! (<–That was a reminder to myself.) ;) Now I’d better go put my mind to it…..

4. gill 12.15.2011 at 3:21 pm #

These are gorgeous Anna!
    I’m glad you enjoyed making them!
    Take care

5. Jeni 12.15.2011 at 3:43 pm #

Ooh, they’re so cute! Good luck with your holiday sewing! I need to get back to mine, eek! :)

6. tinajo 12.15.2011 at 3:43 pm #

These are very pretty! :-)

7. Patchwork and Play 12.15.2011 at 4:09 pm #

Great wallets! Sometimes we just feel paralysed by the enormity of our ‘lists’, don’t we!! I know the feeling! Good for you for making a start!

8. Katarzyna 12.15.2011 at 4:27 pm #

Fantastyczne!

9. Kristen 12.15.2011 at 4:38 pm #

So darn cute! Thanks for sharing the tutorial on them, too.

Beautiful fabrics also.

I understand the yes, this night will be the sewing night and then it doesn’t happen. Yay that you did get a chance to do it.

Now I’m looking at my fabrics with a new eye that might get me back to sewing instead of thinking of doing it. :D

10. Melinda 12.15.2011 at 4:44 pm #

I’m so glad to know I am in good company with that constant feeling that I should be sewing instead of sitting on the couch. And then the relief when you finally get to your sewing room and feel the true motivation to sew something. And to look through those stacks of fabric to refresh your memory of one of the reasons why you love to sew (working with beautiful fabric!). Last night was such a night for me too. I finally got around to reworking a scarf made from some Liberty fabric for a friend. This was on my to-do list for a year!! It felt so good to get it checked off. The final result was the figure-8 scarf from AMH’s tutorial on her website. It was not lined but looks great!

11. Elena 12.15.2011 at 4:47 pm #

these little wallets are perfect!

12. toots2u 12.15.2011 at 4:52 pm #

Beautiful!!

13. Carolyn 12.15.2011 at 4:56 pm #

I know the drill well…I’m pretty sure that there is a fine layer of dust over my sewing machine!
    Cute, cute, cute little wallets!

14. Jess@craftiness is not optional 12.15.2011 at 5:06 pm #

I strongly believe that sewing mends the soul, so I hope it helped clear your head and made you feel better! They certainly are adorable!

15. Melissa {AllSewnUp} 12.15.2011 at 5:12 pm #

Cute wallets, I need to perfect my zipper technique.
    These are the count down days when the pressure is on.
    Good luck with the rest.

16. {Leila}Where the Orchids Grow 12.15.2011 at 5:20 pm #

Such cute wallets Anna, I am glad you got to sew yay!

17. Susan 12.15.2011 at 5:38 pm #

Awfully cute! I’m still working on presents as well. I have two left to do and I’m putting them off until the last possible minute-Saturday! Sunday is booked with activities; they have to be in the mail on Monday.
    Your zippies are not just cute, they’re beautiful.

18. Wee Little Birds 12.15.2011 at 5:43 pm #

So pretty…and functional what more could a girl want

19. Busy Quilting Mama 12.15.2011 at 6:14 pm #

These little zipper wallets are adorable! I totally understand about not sewing for long periods of time. With 4 busy daughters, I find myself in the same situation. My girls have learned that if they give Mom time to sew, I’m in a much better mood!

20. Lois 12.15.2011 at 6:29 pm #

It’s not surprising that returning to work full time means less sewing time. Glad you found some time to spend at your sewing machine again. Merry Christmas!

21. LeeAnn 12.15.2011 at 7:07 pm #

They are so practical! I need to sew a few of those up to have on hand for impromptu gifts.

22. Katy Cameron 12.15.2011 at 7:16 pm #

Love the scraps you chose! Good luck with the rest of your list…

23. Sew Much Ado 12.15.2011 at 7:32 pm #

Cute! It feels so good to use up scraps, doesn’t it?! I actually sewed today too, and it felt good, haha!

24. Rosa 12.15.2011 at 7:34 pm #

Lovely.I`m happy you got to sew.

25. Caity 12.15.2011 at 8:13 pm #

They are beautiful – and i totally know how you feel – i spend all day at work wishing i was at home sewing – then get home get the boy to bed and want to do nothing!

P.S Love your blog – its inspiring

26. Katie 12.15.2011 at 10:03 pm #

Gorgeous! Here’s to getting some things crossed off the list…better than none :)

27. MaryAnnB 12.15.2011 at 10:14 pm #

Hi Anna! I have my handmade gifts for Christmas list too, and I’m lucky if I get half done! There will be a few IOU’s being given out, that’s for sure! Love the zippy wallets, yep, they’re on my list too. It does feel great to get back to sewing after a ‘break’, doesn’t it?
    What else are you making?

28. Miss Sews-it-all 12.15.2011 at 10:36 pm #

I just love your little zippered pouch, and thanks so much for sharing your tutorial! I actually was thinking about making some cardholders for gift cards tomorrow, and I think these are the perfect holders. Cheers!

29. Sally 12.15.2011 at 10:43 pm #

These little wallets are adorable! I will definitely be adding your tutorial to my list of things to be made!

30. Vanessa 12.15.2011 at 10:46 pm #

These are just beautiful.

Vanessa

31. quirky granola girl 12.15.2011 at 11:19 pm #

hooray for getting into the sewing room, Anna. it is harder than it looks some days. or at least it is over here. getting sucked into flickr or pretty blogs is easier when i’m tired. take good care of yourself :)

32. Mary on Lake Pulaski 12.16.2011 at 12:13 am #

They are both so cute Anna! Special fabric really makes them a personal gift.

33. Gwen @ Gwenny Penny 12.16.2011 at 12:37 am #

So cute! Great fabric choices, Anna. And thanks for the reminder about this tutorial. I have someone on my list that might like one.

34. mellissa 12.16.2011 at 12:46 am #

Super cute, Anna! I particularly love the grey cross-hatch fabric used for the trims – are you able to tell me what that fabric is?

35. N. Maria 12.16.2011 at 12:53 am #

It is absolutely perfect! Love the way you can pick patterned material for your projects.
    I’ve made the boys wallet and now I need to make this!

36. amy smart 12.16.2011 at 1:09 am #

So cute. Sewing is good for the soul, isn’t it? I’m glad you were able to squeeze a little bit in. I’m sure it was cathartic and relaxing. Except for the part about having a Christmas list still to go. ;)

37. kristin 12.16.2011 at 1:15 am #

yay, you sewed! adorable pouches. sewing definitely clears my head, so i hope it had that cleansing feeling for you too. you’re back on the horse! :)

38. Christie 12.16.2011 at 2:07 am #

I’m also so glad you got to get some sewing in. How have you been?

These turned out adorable–I love your fabric choices, as always:).

39. Dahlia 12.16.2011 at 4:07 am #

You’re awesome Anna. I gave up on giving handmade gifts because I never thought they were appreciated. Not a single thank you from family. Boo to them!

At night, I feel overwhelmed with the next day and usually just waste time online (pinterest/facebook)…I’m glad you didn’t :) love ya Anna!!!

40. GNIST 12.16.2011 at 4:24 am #

They are so cute and wery nice gifts! take care!

41. Pam 12.16.2011 at 6:08 am #

Love these!!!

42. Rhonda 12.16.2011 at 8:25 am #

Glad to see I’m not the only one who hasn’t visited the sewing machine in a while… great zippy wallets. You might be the inspiration I needed to jump start some last minute sewing!

43. Mandy 12.16.2011 at 11:01 am #

Lovely.

Just thought you should know that you are the person who inspired me to start sewing. I’ve followed you for a long time….

44. Delia 12.17.2011 at 11:57 am #

Beautiful. That purple flower print is my favorite.

Glad you found time to sew.

45. Mauri 12.18.2011 at 12:45 am #

These are adorable. I have two of them on my christmas list that are probably not going to get checked off myself. I love the color combinations you chose.

Random bits at the sewing machine are still beautiful times.

46. nannergirl 12.18.2011 at 9:21 am #

I’m glad you got some time to sew. And thank you for the reminder of your cute little pouches – they make such nice gifts.Wishing you joy (and more sewing time)

47. pasqueflower 12.18.2011 at 6:22 pm #

Very cute and practical. Lovely gifts!

48. Florence (Flossie Teacakes) 12.19.2011 at 4:59 pm #

Really pretty! It’s always lovely to come back to sewing after a long break from it, isn’t it.

49. ayumills 12.22.2011 at 3:56 am #

They are so cute, Anna! So glad you got to sew something ;)

50. Beach Angel 12.24.2011 at 7:26 pm #

Love your little bags. Wishing you and your girls a wonderful Christmas and a Happy new year. I have company coming and am having sewing withdrawals as I share my sewing area with one of my guest rooms which will be occupied.