city girl apron

Noodlehead   city girl apron sewing

I made this apron, the pattern is from the very talented friend of mine, Christina of The Sometimes Crafter.  Christina was nice enough to send me a copy of her lovely City Girl Apron pattern a long time ago.  It was the perfect style, and really really flatting as far as the world of aprons go.

Noodlehead   city girl apron sewing

I had hoarded this coffee cup print, Coffee Buzz, from Andover for too long (sorry I tried to see if I could find any still available anywhere and I couldn’t, leave a comment below if you spot some), saving it for my sister in law.  She loved it.  I was happy.

Noodlehead   city girl apron sewing

I love making things – just not for christmas usually.  I don’t know what it is really, but I guess I like to take my time instead of feeling rushing into making something in time for Christmas.  And believe me, I am not the plan-ahead type.  I do start thinking of what I’d like to make people, but when it comes down to it, I’d rather just wait and make something without that Christmas hype.  Plus, for me making gifts is something I really love doing and if I feel rushed, it definitely isn’t as fun, luckily this one was!

, , ,

34 Responses to city girl apron

1. Tara June 01.03.2012 at 9:06 am #

That is really cute! I’ve been holding on to some of that woodgrain print and have been thinking of using it to make one your purses! :)

2. niebieski igielnik - MB 01.03.2012 at 9:25 am #

It’s fantastic. I like it very much. Magda

3. Maureen Cracknell Handmade 01.03.2012 at 9:49 am #

It’s super cute!! I completely agree, making anything under stress just completely ruins it! I totally burnt myself out this holiday. never. again. :)

4. Krista 01.03.2012 at 9:58 am #

I am with you on the Christmas rush. Hate it! I saw a friend the week after Christmas and we both agreed it was so nice, because we both starting working on our gifts to one another on like Dec. 28. The two gifts I did make for Christmas are also wrought with errors and imperfect sewing, because I was totally rushing. Ug! Anyway, that apron is really cute, and that fabric is totally hoard-worthy!

5. Tori 01.03.2012 at 10:01 am #

Love the apron and the fabric u chose. I feel you on making things under pressure! So uninspiring! But us sewers somehow manage to get it done!

6. Jeni 01.03.2012 at 10:12 am #

So pretty! That fabric is perfect for this apron! I have the pattern too, should really whip one up! :)

7. (un)Deniably Domestic 01.03.2012 at 10:26 am #

Great apron and great fabric! ~Kelly

unDeniably Domestic

8. Faith Jones 01.03.2012 at 10:52 am #

Oh wow, that is so cute! The fabric is totally adorable.

9. gail 01.03.2012 at 12:07 pm #

wow, i love those fabrics together! you are so good.

10. beth 01.03.2012 at 12:15 pm #

Cute. Cute. That coffee cup fabric is wonderful!

11. Heather D. 01.03.2012 at 12:33 pm #

Very very cute. Love the coffee print, and the contrasting pocket and tie are fabulous.

12. Jill 01.03.2012 at 1:42 pm #

Cute Apron! Christina makes great patterns, nice work on this one!

13. Flying Blind... 01.03.2012 at 1:47 pm #

oh I so love a nice pinnie!

14. Carolyn 01.03.2012 at 2:06 pm #

I agree whole heartedly…I hate rushing through gift-making! It really sucks the fun out of it!
    Love the apron…such cute prints and such a cute design! It looks fantastic!

15. Wyspa Ewci 01.03.2012 at 3:45 pm #

sweet!

16. Katy Cameron 01.03.2012 at 4:20 pm #

That looks fab. I know what you mean about the Christmas makes, I started in October this year, thinking it would be more relaxed, err, no, finished about the 27th December… This year I’ll start in April ;o)

17. Christina 01.03.2012 at 8:29 pm #

It looks great! I love the fabric choices together. I wish I had seen this coffee print, my sister-in-law works at a coffee stand and I originally made this pattern for her and would love to make another with this! I will have to see if I can scout some out at the local shops, maybe they have a little left in their “reduced” area. :) I love seeing this done in something besides linen, too!

18. Rachel Hauser 01.03.2012 at 11:35 pm #

Gosh, that is so cool, Anna. And when are aprons exactly “cool”. I’m with you on gift-giving. I seem to prefer making gifts for “no reason” as opposed to Christmas. People seem to be more touched anyways and it’s definitely less stressful!

I hope you had a happy holiday. I’ve been thinking about you and not wanting to pry. So I won’t. But, I wanted you to know I’ve been thinking about you.

19. Heather 01.04.2012 at 12:17 am #

I have some of that fabric!!!! I found less than a fat quarter at one of my local stores in the bargain area. I have been trying to figure out what to do with such a small amount of it. I’m thinking I can get a couple coffee sleeves out of it paired with black or charcoal grey felt/wool.

Love the apron!!!

20. kristin 01.04.2012 at 12:19 am #

that’s really cool, anna – i love the coffee cup print! perfect for we coffee addicts of the world. ;)

21. Knittymama 01.04.2012 at 12:32 am #

Great pattern! I love that the tie wraps around in the front. My 3yo thinks it’s very funny to untie my aprons on me, so I might need to make this pattern!

22. Eva 01.04.2012 at 9:57 am #

The apron is gorgeous! I really like the pattern

23. Delia 01.04.2012 at 4:48 pm #

I hear ya on the Christmas pressure. I used to make a lot more handmade items for Christmas, but I find doing just a few feels MUCH better. I’ll probably pare down even more next year.

Your apron is darling.

24. Cindy 01.05.2012 at 10:24 am #

Adorable Anna!! Really cute fabric!

25. erica 01.05.2012 at 12:05 pm #

Really, really cute! I love the mix of fabrics too, really unexpected :)

26. Vanessa 01.05.2012 at 7:28 pm #

That is some seriously cool fabric!

27. bruns 01.06.2012 at 1:14 am #

I am almost positive that I saw that fabric at Fabric Depot (in the brick and mortar store, not online). They have awesome customer service though, so I am sure you could call them and see if they still have some around. It’s truly perfect for this apron!

28. britt 01.06.2012 at 8:39 am #

i am with you. i have already completed one christmas gift for next year….wait…this year. ha!

29. Mom Taxi Julie 01.08.2012 at 1:00 pm #

very cute!

30. quirky granola girl 01.08.2012 at 3:55 pm #

i have loved that apron pattern for some time. your version is perfect for a coffee lover.

31. Kate @ Peepthread.com 01.10.2012 at 4:22 pm #

That turned out really sweet. I love the new teal, red and gold version of this fabric.

I agree, making stuff under pressure in time for the holidays is yucky! I didn’t finish half the things I intended to make :)

32. Jacey 01.17.2012 at 4:32 pm #

That fabric is awesome! Such a cute apron, Anna!

33. Randi~Dukes and Duchesses 01.25.2012 at 11:45 pm #

Love the apron and LOVE the fabric … it’s fantastic.