Ayashe Top & Skirt

Wahoo!  I finally completed the coordinating skirt to go with the tops I made for the girls.  The two skirts have been sitting on my floor all ready to cut out for almost a month now, and it was finally driving me crazy!  I thought I could crank out two skirts in one night, but I’ve been going to bed on time too many nights in a row now so it was hard to stay up and concentrate.

Anyway, Shelly (of Figgy’s Patterns) sent me the Ayashe pattern after I gushed on and on how much I loved all her new patterns and look of her new site.  I couldn’t help myself, the patterns just seemed so refreshing compared to a lot of what’s out there.

I loved the way everything came together, it was fun showing the girls the different shirt options and letting them choose what they wanted.  Heck, any effort that might give a glimmer of my crazies actually wearing the outfits I make them is worth the try.

Seems like it might get worn, but we’ll have to see.  Emily’s is almost done, but that’ll have to wait for another day.  I did make them sort of matching skirts, but to try and make them a little more personalized, I made the waistband facing and pocket facing out of a contrasting fabric, green for Natalie and I think I cut out a pink print for Emily to go with the shirt I made her.

And lastly as if you’re still reading, I did make the skirt a little longer (and I think I’d almost want to make it longer yet if I made another version – which I totally might because after I was done I decided that it was super fun to make).

Off to play this weekend with some sewing buddies, can’t wait!!  Have a great weekend.

[had to include a pic of goofy, too]

, , , ,

23 Responses to Ayashe Top & Skirt

1. verykerryberry 03.23.2012 at 9:01 am #

Great pics, i really like see kids playing in clothes as that is what they really are made for! Especially like the skirt with its secret contrasts

2. nest full of eggs 03.23.2012 at 9:35 am #

what a nice touch to have fun green floral fabric inside the pockets :D
    I have the sunki pattern & hope to finally start sewing it today

3. Jeannie 03.23.2012 at 9:45 am #

Those two girls would make anything look good and fun but actually those pieces are good and fun! I wish those patterns were around when my kids were growing up! Very fun fabrics too.

4. gail 03.23.2012 at 11:26 am #

i love the fabrics you used, what a great ensemble – there’s something so happy about those colorful butterflies! :). fabulous photos as usual!

5. Sew Much Ado 03.23.2012 at 11:31 am #

Adorable! I can’t wait to use some of Shelly’s new patterns, they really are refreshing!

6. Unknown 03.23.2012 at 11:47 am #

Cute clothes!!! Love all the nice “little” touches you add – makes them even more special!!!

7. Figgy's 03.23.2012 at 2:59 pm #

Terrific Anna! I love the pocket fabric, what a fun touch to add. Thank you so much!

8. Delia 03.23.2012 at 3:38 pm #

The surprise pocket detail is really cool.

Love that last picture! Have fun this weekend. :)

9. Lindsey R. :: LRstitched 03.23.2012 at 4:09 pm #

your girls are so cute! love the skirt and top, marking that skirt on my list!

10. kristin 03.23.2012 at 4:27 pm #

oh cuuuute! love those butterflies and you’re smart to make the chambray-ish skirts, seems like they’ll go with everything. natalie is cracking me up, too – what a little ham!

11. Tara 03.23.2012 at 4:52 pm #

I really like the whole outfit! That fabric for the skirt is great. And those pintucks (right? not darts?) in the skirt make it look really polished.

12. Jen 03.23.2012 at 5:22 pm #

Fabulous outfit!! That skirt is adorable. Did you use a chambray? Hopefully your girls will both love their skirts and wear them often!!

13. toots2u 03.23.2012 at 6:15 pm #

adorable, fun outfit!! I love all the details. Have a fun weekend!!

14. Maureen Cracknell Handmade 03.23.2012 at 9:09 pm #

I love this so much! It’s perfect!!

15. Jennadesigns 03.24.2012 at 1:06 am #

Such an adorable outfit! Not sure which I like more, the skirt or the shirt! Glad to hear things are going good with you – take care and have a great time this weekend!

16. V and Co. 03.24.2012 at 11:35 pm #

oh so that’s what it looks on. CUTE! but i think the little booger in the skirt makes it just that much cuter. ;)

17. luvinthemommyhood 03.25.2012 at 11:35 am #

Awwww, so cute! Love that print!! Turned out great!

18. Cindy 03.25.2012 at 12:33 pm #

Really cute, Anna! Love the butterflies! Also loved the piping tutorial!:)

19. Anya 03.25.2012 at 8:54 pm #

Anna,

Love your blog and your many wonderful patterns and tutorials!

I had a question however. I’m finally getting around to making my kids some bike baskets for their bikes – hopefully in time for Easter. I cannot however get the pattern to print out to scale. Any tips on how to do this? When I try to print it, the program automatically makes the pattern portrait and I’m guessing it should be printing landscape. Any tips would be very helpful.

Thanks! Anya

20. quirky granola girl 03.25.2012 at 11:13 pm #

that butterfly shirt is fabulous! and i adore the green print in the pockets. what a sweet, thoughtful, crafty momma thing to do :)

21. Emily 03.26.2012 at 1:07 am #

Darling outfit and super fun last picture. :) PS I like your “profile picture”- sorry I can’t think of a better phrase to describe it right now. :)

22. Kari 03.26.2012 at 11:33 am #

Oh, Anna, I love how these turned out. Just perfect.

23. dana 04.12.2012 at 10:24 am #

ca-ute skirts! LOVE them. And holy cow, emily looks so old in that last close-up shot. Crazy!