Wahoo! I finally completed the coordinating skirt to go with the tops I made for the girls. The two skirts have been sitting on my floor all ready to cut out for almost a month now, and it was finally driving me crazy! I thought I could crank out two skirts in one night, but I’ve been going to bed on time too many nights in a row now so it was hard to stay up and concentrate.
Anyway, Shelly (of Figgy’s Patterns) sent me the Ayashe pattern after I gushed on and on how much I loved all her new patterns and look of her new site. I couldn’t help myself, the patterns just seemed so refreshing compared to a lot of what’s out there.
I loved the way everything came together, it was fun showing the girls the different shirt options and letting them choose what they wanted. Heck, any effort that might give a glimmer of my crazies actually wearing the outfits I make them is worth the try.
Seems like it might get worn, but we’ll have to see. Emily’s is almost done, but that’ll have to wait for another day. I did make them sort of matching skirts, but to try and make them a little more personalized, I made the waistband facing and pocket facing out of a contrasting fabric, green for Natalie and I think I cut out a pink print for Emily to go with the shirt I made her.
And lastly as if you’re still reading, I did make the skirt a little longer (and I think I’d almost want to make it longer yet if I made another version – which I totally might because after I was done I decided that it was super fun to make).
Off to play this weekend with some sewing buddies, can’t wait!! Have a great weekend.