baby bedding

Yep, seems like baby fever is hitting everywhere.  That’s what spring is for, right? Having babies?  I made this set for my friend who’s expecting in April with her first girl!  She already has two boys and has been waiting and waiting for a baby girl of her own.

Noodlehead   baby bedding uncategorized

She walked into the quilt store with pink/yellow in mind, and we walked out with purple and green.  Mom’s got a right to change her mind.

I used Dana’s crib sheet tutorial, the crib skirt is from Amy Butler’s Little Stitches for Little Ones book, and we chose to do a whole cloth quilt.  The whole cloth thing is perfectly my style, I love just slapping to pieces of fabric together with some batting in between and calling it a day.  I had fun doing some crazy free motion loops for the quilting and I quite like how it all came together.

Noodlehead   baby bedding uncategorized

Oh and I also threw together the changing pad cover with some scraps, just added a bit of velcro on the back to keep it all in place.

Noodlehead   baby bedding uncategorized

See ya tomorrow hopefully with the envelope clutch pattern (or Monday at the latest if I feel like slacking off tonight).

31 Responses to baby bedding

1. Laura 03.01.2012 at 11:21 am #

I have 2 crib skirts to make for my impending bundles of joy… thanks for the reminder! Your bedding looks great!

2. Julie 03.01.2012 at 11:24 am #

That is beautiful! I love the material!

3. Lindsey R. :: LRstitched 03.01.2012 at 11:36 am #

The set turned out really pretty! Looking forward to snatching up your new pattern. Happy Friday!

4. holly | bijou lovely 03.01.2012 at 11:43 am #

What a beautiful bedding set! I’m loving the wholecloth quilt, I’ve been really tempted to make one of those recently. So simple yet still pretty!

5. Lynette @ My Craft Discovery 03.01.2012 at 11:46 am #

I have been wanting to make a quilt for my little one coming in April, but all that piecing and all that fabric is just not in the cards right now. Why didn’t I think of slapping two pieces together and calling it good? I think I will have to do this. And I LOVE the purple and green. I will have to stick to those colors in my craft room until I get a girl of my own.

6. Rachel Hauser 03.01.2012 at 12:06 pm #

What a fabulous gift!

7. Heidi 03.01.2012 at 12:07 pm #

Love the fabric!
    I can’t wait to see you new pattern!

8. Svetlana 03.01.2012 at 12:13 pm #

Love this crib set, so simple, modern, and pretty. What a fantastic idea to do just one piece of fabric for each side and then quilt it. Fabulous!!!

9. Tricia 03.01.2012 at 12:25 pm #

I love the colors.

10. moxiemandie 03.01.2012 at 12:32 pm #

It’s all so beautiful Anna!! Love how it worked out. :)

11. chris 03.01.2012 at 1:03 pm #

Although personally I’m not a fan of purple, I love how this quilt came together. What fun to have a girl after two boys. Best wishes to your friend. :)

12. Vivian 03.01.2012 at 1:33 pm #

What perfect timing! I have the little stitches book and I have been checking over at your last post about using it, and I have a question… If I don’t want the bumper pads to have pockets, can I get away with only buying the same amount of fabric as the outside/ties?

13. Jess@craftiness is not optional 03.01.2012 at 1:46 pm #

lol! great minds think alike, Anna! I just posted a whole cloth quilt today too, although your pictures are much more lovely! Those fabrics are gorgeous!

14. emi love 03.01.2012 at 2:37 pm #

Super thoughtful and sweet to make your friend the bedding. I’m curious about her crib. (haven’t seen one like it) am not a mommy just yet but would love to look that one up and see why the tiered laying levels ‘cept I can’t see who makes it :0 )

15. Emily 03.01.2012 at 2:49 pm #

Such a lovely set and a lucky mom! :) I love whole cloth quilting too- except I didn’t know what it was called until just now. :)

16. Angel 03.01.2012 at 2:55 pm #

You have been such an inspiration to me lately! I have two quilts left to finish… I mean… start. One is for my husband, made from shirts of his father who passed away two years ago. One is for my goddaughter who is turning 1 in a couple WEEKS!!! AAGGHH.. I really need to get started!

17. Katy Cameron 03.01.2012 at 3:42 pm #

Beautiful set, love the fabrics you chose!

18. toots2u 03.01.2012 at 7:17 pm #

what a great friend you are and a fun set!

19. Mary 03.01.2012 at 7:55 pm #

Beautiful! I love the colors and the simplicity.

20. Carolyn 03.01.2012 at 7:56 pm #

Oh, it all looks so beautiful! What a great gift!

21. Delia 03.01.2012 at 10:20 pm #

Those colors are so rich and beautiful! I really like that purple floral pattern. You are such a great friend Anna.

22. AmandaHall25 03.01.2012 at 10:20 pm #

Stunning! The colors and fabric choices are perfect!

23. kristin 03.02.2012 at 1:58 am #

Love it, Anna, all of it! Great color schemes and fabric prints. I’m loving whole cloth quilts these days, too. And can’t wait for the official pattern debut! Good luck finishing it up! :)

24. **nicke... 03.02.2012 at 2:50 am #

i love the colors! that is going to be one happy baby!

25. Ulla's Quilt World 03.02.2012 at 9:38 am #

The quilt is so lovely! I love your blog! :)
    Hugs, Ulla (from Finland)

26. Erin 03.02.2012 at 2:42 pm #

love those colors- lucky little girl to have such stylish ladies to decorate her space!

27. Dahlia 03.02.2012 at 7:43 pm #

Gorgeous! I love your baby quilts Anna, because they will grow with the baby. Classic & timeless. Perfect!!!

28. Cindy 03.02.2012 at 10:56 pm #

Love your baby gifts!! Very cute!! Thanks for sharing the tutorial on the crib sheet- I will definitely be making some of these! Have a great weekend!:)

29. Kristen 03.03.2012 at 4:23 pm #

I love the prints on that quilt! I wouldn’t have thought about those colors together had I not seen it in the fabrics. It’s fun to do baby stuff in colors and patterns that are a little more unexpected!

30. quirky granola girl 03.25.2012 at 11:25 pm #

posh baby set up! and now i wonder why i always complicate things with piecing. there are such fabulous fabrics out now that some whole cloth quilts would be gorgeous.

31. cribs for twins 04.16.2012 at 8:14 pm #