envelope clutch pattern

[shown here in the small version - approx. 5.5” tall by 9.5” wide, with piping, squared flap and wrist strap option]
[shown here in large size option -  approx. 7.75” tall by 11.5 wide, squared flap, piping, and should strap option]

Materials needed:

• 1/4 yard exterior
  • 1/4 yard lining
  • 1/4 yard canvas
  • 1/4 yard fusible interfacing
  • magnetic snap – 14mm
  • 1/2” Swivel Clasp & D-ring
  • scraps for zippered pocket lining, etc.
  • piping (optional)
  • zipper (optional)

Click Here for More Information and to Purchase

In this pattern you’ll find:
  • Step by step instructions with full color photos for making one Envelope Clutch.
  • full size print-at-home pattern pieces
  • magnetic snap closure instructions
  • instructions for 2 optional flap styles
  • zippered pocket option
  • card slot option
  • wrist strap option/thin shoulder strap option
  • piping option
For more views of the clutch, please jump over to this post and take a peek.
By purchasing this pattern, I also give you (the original purchaser of this pattern) the rights to sell Envelope Clutches made using this pattern (on a home based scale). Additional information regarding the license to sell is included in the pattern.

Approximate Finished Dimensions:
Small Clutch: 5.5” tall by 9.5” wide
Large Clutch: 7.75” tall by 11.5 wide
This is a 25 page PDF pattern with full size print-at-home pattern pieces and includes detailed step-by-step instructions with color photographs.

Click Here for More Information and to Purchase

, , ,

33 Responses to envelope clutch pattern

1. Kris @ everywhereorange.com 03.07.2012 at 12:36 am #

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!! I can’t wait to make this!!!! i was drooling when shannon posted pics last week :) I am in a wedding in may and can’t wait to use this as my purse! YAY!!! hope you all are feeling better!!

2. DKB 03.07.2012 at 12:54 am #

yay!! congrats! i really like the heather ross wildflowers. The piping looks great. Guess i’ll have to try that next time
    darci

3. chris 03.07.2012 at 1:20 am #

Hooray for you! I love how many options you came up with. Congrats!

4. gret 03.07.2012 at 1:33 am #

Yay! Hope you guys are feeling much better. x

5. kristin 03.07.2012 at 1:41 am #

yay, congrats, anna! it’s a great little pattern. :)

6. {Leila}Where the Orchids Grow 03.07.2012 at 2:01 am #

Congratulations Anna!! It looks amazing x

7. QuiltyGirl 03.07.2012 at 2:51 am #

Yay! I love the piping! Maybe on my next one!

8. hart44 03.07.2012 at 6:37 am #

I have just brought this bag pattern :) I can’t wait to get sewing now. I love all your bag patterns :)

9. patuxxa 03.07.2012 at 7:34 am #

Wow! This is so detailed! I’me a novice sewer so all the photos and instructions are perfect! Can’t wait to try it :D

10. Jeni 03.07.2012 at 9:11 am #

Eeeek, they’re all so cute! Love the piping details! :)

11. piece peace 03.07.2012 at 9:13 am #

ePattern purchased! I cannot wait to get started on this. I have really been waiting for a pattern jut like this for a long time. Thanks x 1 million.

12. ~April~ 03.07.2012 at 9:31 am #

I love this! I especially love the piping option! I almost forgot about piping until I saw this! Thanks!

13. Liz @ LivingMySweetLife 03.07.2012 at 9:40 am #

Yay! I just bought it, I LOVE clutches!

thank you Anna!

14. Elsa 03.07.2012 at 10:30 am #

Love the clutch! I’m going on a sewing retreat this weekend and I always make some sort of bag or other and this will be the one (I bought it, by the way!). The piping did it for me!

15. Julia 03.07.2012 at 10:33 am #

I am a bit confused. Is this now the pattern for this post?

I would love to make the small clutch. Is that one included in the pattern?

16. Jacey 03.07.2012 at 11:32 am #

Purchased! My wedding is next month, and I was planning to use your gathered clutch pattern to make bridesmaid gifts, but now it will be this one! Thanks, Anna!

17. Katy Cameron 03.07.2012 at 12:00 pm #

What a cute pair of clutches, like the different options in them :o)

18. **nicke... 03.07.2012 at 4:14 pm #

looks great anna! i hope you sell a million and a half! i know you will be selling one to me! ;)

19. Krista 03.07.2012 at 6:12 pm #

Purchased! I can see this working as a great diaper clutch too when I don’t want to take an entire bag somewhere. You write such great patterns. I’ll definitely be seeing this one up after we get home from vacation.

20. Mary on Lake Pulaski 03.07.2012 at 7:10 pm #

Buying for sure when I get home from my traveling Friday! All the options are such a good deal Anna. Smashing design.

21. Holly Smith-Williams 03.08.2012 at 4:46 am #

This is exactly the bag pattern I’ve been after! Thanks I will be purchasing and making this when I’ve recovered from my foot operation!

22. Jeannie 03.08.2012 at 4:04 pm #

This is so cute! I can’t wait to figure out the fabric!
    Lots of good options!!

23. Megilon 03.08.2012 at 6:01 pm #

I’m so excited about this pattern!! I’ve been looking for something like this for a while. So cute and versatile!

24. Anna 03.09.2012 at 10:43 am #

hey julia, yes, this is the pattern. I had sewn up more options just so people had a good idea of different possibilities. The green one here the the small version and the large one is the yellow fabric. Please email me if you have more questions, thanks!

25. Ulla's Quilt World 03.10.2012 at 12:17 pm #

They are so lovely! :)
    Hugs, Ulla (from Finland)

26. Rae 03.11.2012 at 8:40 pm #

Super cute girl!!! Congrats on another fab pattern! Hope everything’s good in your neck of the woods.

27. ayumills 03.12.2012 at 5:22 am #

I love your new pattern, Anna! This would be a really sweet clutch to go fabric shopping!

28. Lynn Douglass 03.21.2012 at 12:00 pm #

I just saw pictures of this lovely bag posted on Meg’s blog, Fashioned by Meg. It’s so darned cute, I had to buy the pattern to make one for myself!

29. Tracy VT 03.31.2012 at 6:06 am #

What a great look! I am working thrugh everyone of my bag patterns…and I dont plan to stop just yet! Thanks, Tracy

30. Brenda 04.22.2012 at 9:26 pm #

Just made the larger bag. I love it. I didn’t use the canvas. What kind of canvas? Is it hard to sew?

here it is

31. Anonymous 02.16.2013 at 12:05 pm #

Actually as a generic utilitarian pattern, I don’t think you own the copyright – I mean where did you get it from? It’s kind of it the public domain with basic shapes and basic instructions. Do people tell you what you can do with your cup cakes when you make them from a recipe book? No, people sell them if they want and they don’t say everytime they do ‘recipe from’. Your deal is to sell the pattern – that is how you make your money. My deal is to sell what I make through my hard work. That way we both get paid. I will not buy a pattern that I have to stamp someone elses name all over all over my hard work in order to sell it. Basically, everything you know you learnt/copied off off someone else – even if you only copied from a bag you had and reverse engineered – you weren’t born knowing how to make it or even what the concept of a bag was, no you took it all from others. So, where are your credits? The greed of all you pattern makers gets me down (greed of ego if not money). You didn’t make the universe and like I say as a untilitarian item you are not entitled to tell a person what they can do with a pattern and to tell them otherwise is breaking the law. You learnt to make something and from that knowledge you went on to use that and make more – but you had that grounding that others gave you, why can’t sellers do the same? You didn’t invent it, you so didn’t but we have to give you credit!!!! Why??????? You want it all ways and it isn’t fair. I will not buy your patterns and I won’t buy a lot of others either as you overstep the copyright and make demands too far. My shop = my products, I’m not putting your name all over it. Who gave you the idea for your products? – you weren’t born knowing. There is a tax on us makers for using ‘your’ knowledge but you don’t tax yourself for using other peoples. Who taught you, what patterns did you choose, and now use in formulating yours? – all bags are modifications of others. Yet if I bought your pattern and changed it, you would acuse me of all sorts no doubt, yet that is what all you designers do. It has ALL been done before. The hypocrisy and dictatorial nature of it is what I can’t bear, you get paid so why do you need your name in lights? Still it just makes you all look bad and make me determine to go my own way if you don’t like to help as nameless people helped you.

32. Nathalie 03.26.2013 at 10:49 am #

wow, this is great! What am I saying? This is amazing! I have never thought of making my own clutch before. Thanks for inspiring!

33. Designer Inspired Clutches 04.01.2013 at 3:56 am #

Sounds great that we can look into in several ways with such kind of DIY projects..!