yoga pants

Noodlehead   yoga pants sewing kids clothes

I am so thankful I know how to sew.  My youngest daughter is so small in the waist that I can hardly ever find anything in the store to fit her.  And since I know it has to be comfortable and soft, the only way to get her to wear stuff I make is to use knits.

Noodlehead   yoga pants sewing kids clothes
Slowly but surely knits and my serger are becoming my BFFs.  I love how quick it can be.
Noodlehead   yoga pants sewing kids clothes
[twin needle magic, loving it!, if you're looking for some good info on twin needles, check it out here]

Noodlehead   yoga pants sewing kids clothes

Noodlehead   yoga pants sewing kids clothes
I used Lil Blue Boo’s Perfect Short Pattern as a starting point and made them into yoga pants.  I slimmed down the pattern and just measured Emily’s inseam measurement to make them into pants. I also inserted elastic into the waistband casing just to make sure they stay up.  I really thought that helped, especially with the knits I wasn’t sure about how their stretch recovery might be.
Noodlehead   yoga pants sewing kids clothes
3 pairs down, now she has enough clean pairs of pants that she will actually wear and actually fit.  Yay!
Noodlehead   yoga pants sewing kids clothes
I also quickly tested out the size of the shorts pattern for Natalie and made her some shorts out of some knit scraps.  She claims to not like them, but I’ll let her pick out the fabric next time, hopefully that’ll do the trick.

32 Responses to yoga pants

1. nest full of eggs 04.27.2012 at 9:57 am #

those pants are so sweet & look soooo comfortable !

2. Amy Friend 04.27.2012 at 10:15 am #

Awesome job. I need a serger!

3. amy 04.27.2012 at 10:32 am #

Wow, those are so super cute!!! I want some for me! :)

4. Cindy's Custom Creations 04.27.2012 at 10:55 am #

I have the same problem with my girls- long legs, skinny waist. I’m taking a look at that pattern- looks like a good alternative for us.

• Tucson Criminal Defense 01.30.2014 at 2:37 am #

When virtue and modesty enlighten her charms, the lustre of a beautiful woman is brighter than the stars of heaven, and the influence of her power it is in vain to resist.

• Tucson Criminal Defense 01.30.2014 at 2:38 am #

I think I am quite anxious about this technical meeting and I want to know the feedback of this meeting.I am sure it will be an extremely informative one and all those will attend it will be quite beneficial.

5. Vanessa 04.27.2012 at 11:11 am #

I’d forgotten about that pattern! I need to get it…Syd is the same way…tiny waist and all legs. She’s been sporting either short shorts or shorts that are way too loose in the waist. Thanks for sharing!

6. Georgine 04.27.2012 at 11:50 am #

I love the knits you chose. May ask where you bought them? I am having knit issues. Can’t find nice ones locally, can’t feel the knits online. Thanks!

7. Carolyn 04.27.2012 at 12:12 pm #

Oooh, those look so cute and comfy!

8. Beth 04.27.2012 at 12:59 pm #

Those are so cute. My daughter has the same issue with finding proportional pants – I’ll have to try those.

9. Emily 04.27.2012 at 1:42 pm #

These are darling! Love the tip about inserting elastic in the waistband. My daughter actually has the opposite problem- her belly is proportionally bigger than her legs are long. :)

10. Katy Cameron 04.27.2012 at 3:21 pm #

Those look super comfy, I think I might need some!

11. Belinda 04.27.2012 at 4:11 pm #

Elastic in the waistband is genius esp if you’re using a 100% cotton interlock – that stuff stretches like crazy!

12. Jeni 04.27.2012 at 5:35 pm #

Eeek, those look so darn cute! I love the fun fabrics on the waistbands :)

13. Chrissy Jordan 04.27.2012 at 5:55 pm #

OMGoodness! Too stinking cute! I wish I had a girl… I mean, my dudes would totally wear these, but it’s just not the same! :P

14. Dahlia 04.27.2012 at 6:49 pm #

I’d want to live in those pants – they look super comfy! and I’m slightly jealous that you’ve got super green grass…

;)

15. Teegan 04.27.2012 at 11:08 pm #

Thanks for this post! I have a tall skinny 2 year old and it is impossible to buy pants that fit. I have been looking for something to inspire my sewing mojo to return and this may be it!

16. kristin 04.28.2012 at 1:35 am #

Yep, that’s exactly why I started sewing for Em (well that and I thought it was ridiculous to pay $20 for a tiny cotton skirt). What comfy cozy pants! Good idea to put elastic in the waist, too.

17. Tamiko 04.28.2012 at 2:21 am #

Those are all so cute! I totally want the chevron shorts!

18. nadelundgabel 04.28.2012 at 12:06 pm #

Those pants look really cute,…and comfy!

19. V and Co. 04.28.2012 at 9:22 pm #

katie would like some. ;)

20. Gwen @ Gwenny Penny 04.30.2012 at 9:01 pm #

So cute, Anna. My girls live in knits. I should really try making some of these.

21. Kari 05.06.2012 at 10:14 pm #

Love these! My boys would love some knit pants too. On the list now.

22. klebe bh 01.03.2014 at 12:00 pm #

This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work
    klebe bh

23. ttposad11 02.04.2014 at 7:24 pm #

Der Bye Bra Klebe-BH besteht aus selbstklebender Folie in
    Hufeisenform, welche es ermöglicht die Brustwarzen um einige
    Zentimeter nach oben zu positionieren
    Klebe-BH

24. ttposad11 02.04.2014 at 7:33 pm #

Der Bye Bra Klebe-BH besteht aus selbstklebender Folie in
    Hufeisenform, welche es ermöglicht die Brustwarzen um einige
    Zentimeter nach oben zu positionieren
    Klebe-BH

25. Spezialitatenfonds 02.07.2014 at 12:16 pm #

Pretty cool post. It’s really very nice and useful post. Thanks for sharing this with us!it’s my first visit.

26. jemserider 02.08.2014 at 1:53 pm #

It has very superior blog! I always accurately came here from http://klebebh.ch that thoughts to be great agglutinate tit move tapeline in the class and it’s real useful.

27. Michael Graham 03.01.2014 at 8:31 am #

Naše neviditelná podprsenka s okamžitým účinkem je “made in Holland” a vyrobena největším výrobcem náplastí – 3M. Distancujeme se od čínské napodobeniny produktu, která může mít negativní vliv na pokožku. Neviditelnapodprsenka.cz není jen lepící páska, ale průhledná, voděodolná, hypoalergenní lepící páska, kterou jste u jiných výrobců ještě neviděli.
    Tuto vysokou kvalitu jsme schopni poskytovat díky naší spolupráci s ByeBra.com. V důsledku spolupráce s 3M se Bye Bra prodává v mnoha zemích a díky vysokému počtu prodaných kusů je Bye Bra schopna poskytovat neviditelné podprsenky za přijatelnou cenu. Jsme pyšní na to, že Vám můžeme doručit tuto mimořádnou kvalitu. Věříme, že existuje mnoho importů, kterým bychom naše prsa nesvěřili a to bylo jedním z důvodů k založení těchto webových stránek.
    Proto máme právo se nazývat experty v neviditelných podprsenkách – průhledných, nalepovacích páskách. Pokud máte nějaké dotazy týkající se materiálu, kvality nebo potřebujete pokyny k použití, které naleznete v tomto Bye Bra videu, neváhejte nám zavolat nebo poslat email přes naš kontaktní formulář.
    Neviditelná podprsenka
    Neviditelných podprsenek
    Podprsenka bez raminek

28. Tablet Covers 03.08.2014 at 8:59 am #

I’ve found this very interesting and has a good stuff for the readers and designers. I would be glad to recommend the post for its quality content. Nice post.

29. mindfulness 04.09.2014 at 8:46 am #

This is a very good story I wanted to read something like this approximately two months ago, please continue putting in here articles like those.

30. Immobilienfonds 04.11.2014 at 2:34 pm #

Here i found nice environment to get new ideas and views and the i have read the comments of this blog and these are really nice and it is glad to comment here.