flashback tee

[Just sharing this post here, originally a guest post on Elsie Marley!]
Noodlehead   flashback tee uncategorized

Hey! Kids Clothes Week Challenge is back,  I’m happy to be guest posting today!  I got to try out Made by Rae‘s Flashback Tee pattern!  I can tell you that if you have children in your life at all, you really should have this pattern in your arsenol.  Rae has every detail covered, so if you’re new to knits, you can jump right in and feel at home.  Seriously.

Noodlehead   flashback tee uncategorized
Noodlehead   flashback tee uncategorized

I did struggle with picking out my fabrics, I’ve got a huge tub of knits that I have stashed, for no real reason.  The only thing is that I didn’t really have anything that my girls liked.  Except this one print.  I love it!  I ordered it from Girl Charlee a long time ago and have been saving it for the perfect thing, this was it.  I made both a 5T and a 3T long sleeved out of 1 yard.  And if I ever complain that my kids wear matching clothes more than I’d like, you can kindly refer me to this post and tell me it’s my own fault.

Noodlehead   flashback tee uncategorized

Oh and I also busted my twin needle right before I went to thread it. Bummer.  Lucky for me there’s more than one way to hem a shirt, love that about sewing (and Rae‘s lovely tips).

Noodlehead   flashback tee uncategorized

I can’t wait to see all the awesome kids’ clothes coming up, thanks for having me us Meg!

Noodlehead   flashback tee uncategorized

16 Responses to flashback tee

1. bethanndodd 05.23.2012 at 10:26 am #

So cute! Love the shirts and the girls are adorable! Your little one seems to love the camera, those poses are great ;)
    Smiles~Beth

2. Anonymous 05.23.2012 at 11:44 am #

Aww what cute shirts! I want one for myself! heehee

I love these pics of your girls they have so much spunk!! :D

- Kate

3. {Leila}Where the Orchids Grow 05.23.2012 at 1:21 pm #

Cute shirts Anna! Your girls really know how to strike a pose don’t they. America’s next top model look out here they come!

4. Kristen 05.23.2012 at 1:54 pm #

Those photos are hilarious. :) The shirts are super cute too. Might have to check out the pattern one of these days…

5. yolanda f. pandiella 05.23.2012 at 3:15 pm #

your girls are simply perfects!! (yes, the tees,too!)

6. Poppyprint 05.23.2012 at 7:33 pm #

Your little drama queen never lets me down on the photo shoots. Hysterical poses. Nice shirts!

7. Gwen's Busy Little Hands 05.23.2012 at 8:43 pm #

These are cute Ts. I dress my 6 year old and 4 year old alike often. Its fun for me and for them…for now. LOL! Followed your link to the Girl Charlee Fabrics and I’m so in loooove! Thanks for the info.

8. amandajean 05.23.2012 at 9:56 pm #

you are an amazing sewist, Anna. your girls are so very adorable in their shirts!

9. ~ Kim ~ 05.23.2012 at 10:26 pm #

They look terrific and comfy. I must try it although I have a bit of a hard time getting those end bits with my overlocker. They seem to slide off and miss out :(

10. felicity 05.23.2012 at 11:03 pm #

VERY cute – the tshirts are great too. :)

I love the idea of making my own – my little one likes to wear her pants “old man style” – shoved down under her gut – so I would love to be able to make some extra-long ones for her.

11. Cindy 05.24.2012 at 7:40 am #

Really cute, Anna!! You are definitely the knit Queen!:) Love everything you do with that fabric! Love the pics of your girls- adorable!!

12. Elsa 05.24.2012 at 10:07 am #

Your girls are beautiful ~ love the poses ~ so dramatic! The tees are cute too.

13. **nicke... 05.24.2012 at 10:09 am #

they never fail to crack me up! super cute shirts anna!

14. Melinda 05.25.2012 at 11:09 am #

Fun T’s! I had ones that looked like this when I was a kiddo. I especially love the grey details.

15. quirky granola girl 05.27.2012 at 11:32 am #

i adore the fashion shots in this post, Anna. too adorable :)

16. Wendy 06.25.2012 at 2:51 pm #

My mom made us shirts like this every summer, she even made us all matching shirts. Lots of fond memories picking out the fabric at the store