sherbet pips jammie pants

Noodlehead   sherbet pips jammie pants sewing kids clothes

A spur of the moment type thing this weekend.  Decided I needed to cut into the lovely Sherbet Pips puppy fabric I had been hoarding (by the lovely Aneela for Moda).  I kept thinking pajamas for these prints. And maybe I’ll make coordinating pajama tops for these pants someday, but I just don’t think they’d wear them.  But these pants will definitely get worn, the last set I made has definitely been outgrown.

Noodlehead   sherbet pips jammie pants sewing kids clothes
I used the Slumber party Jammies pattern by Make It Perfect.  It was already traced and ready to go, so that made things even easier.  I changed the cuff a little so I didn’t have any hemming, and used 1″ elastic instead of 3/4″, hopefully that’ll help keep them up where they belong!  (The cuff fabric is a random polka dot from Hancock Fabrics and the other is Hello Pilgrim by Lizzy House)
Noodlehead   sherbet pips jammie pants sewing kids clothes
Noodlehead   sherbet pips jammie pants sewing kids clothes
I keep thinking how my kids are in a phase now where they aren’t wearing much of what I make them, usually whatever I make gets worn a couple times and then they forget about them.  The soft knit shirts and pants that I’ve made get worn the most.  So I’m thinking I’ll try to be a little more selective when making them clothes, hey, maybe I’ll just end up making more clothes for me instead!
Noodlehead   sherbet pips jammie pants sewing kids clothes

, ,

27 Responses to sherbet pips jammie pants

1. ~ko 05.07.2012 at 7:23 am #

Adorable! And they look oh so cozy!

2. {Leila}Where the Orchids Grow 05.07.2012 at 8:27 am #

They look so adorable and cozy!!

3. make it perfect 05.07.2012 at 8:36 am #

cute as can be anna! x

4. Jeni 05.07.2012 at 8:54 am #

Oh the cuteness! Your girlies and the pants!! :)

5. Elsa 05.07.2012 at 10:13 am #

Your girls are so cute and look sweet as ever in their new jammies!
    I think I need a pair too!

6. aneela 05.07.2012 at 10:24 am #

How sweet! Your girls are just adorable in those :)
    I know what you mean about them having their own ideas when it comes to choosing what they wear, I get that all the time too.

7. marysza 05.07.2012 at 11:03 am #

amazing!!! they look really great and like from a shop! congrats :D

8. Katy Cameron 05.07.2012 at 11:24 am #

Very cute, but you’re a worthy clothing recipient too, don’t forget it!

9. Krista 05.07.2012 at 11:25 am #

Those are really cute!!! And you have such happy girls :) Definitely the perfect jammy pants fabric. PJ pants are on my list of things to make for my girls. I found that they do wear the yoga skirts I made them last year pretty regularly, but I can’t see them wearing anything else that wouldn’t be super comfy. If my simplicity pattern doesn’t work out for the pants, I’ll definitely check the one out that you used.

10. Anna in Atlanta 05.07.2012 at 1:31 pm #

Such cute jammies. Enjoy while they’ll wear them :-) I am going to make summer PJs for my teenage daughter, just because I want to, but the odds are good that she’ll turn up her nose in disdain. My 15-yo son will occasionally ask me to sew or knit him something (he likes funky hats), but I’ve pretty much decided all my making has to be for me. At last!!

11. Laura 05.07.2012 at 3:53 pm #

They are lovely pjs, so cosy and your girls look so sweet in them.

12. Jess@craftiness is not optional 05.07.2012 at 11:57 pm #

So adorable! I agree-Sadie has tons of tops in her drawer that she never wears-she prefers comfy dresses. At least I know what she likes, I guess!

13. kristin 05.08.2012 at 2:53 am #

oh i love that fabric and it’s great your girls are happy and cozy! i’m with jess – my little gal goes straight for dresses every day – peasant dresses or other loose-fitting ones. i guess it’s just trying to figure out what they will wear and trying to be creative within that, eh? :)

14. erica 05.08.2012 at 9:17 am #

they’re darling Anna! Great photos of the girls too :)

15. Bruna 05.08.2012 at 10:06 am #

Lovely ;)

16. seniorpal 05.08.2012 at 12:13 pm #

Oh so cute & cozy too. Im a senior who donates to shelters etc.I will be making some diff. size’s.

17. QuiltyGirl 05.08.2012 at 1:12 pm #

Too cute! I love pj pants. And they are a great project when I need a sewing pick me up. So fast and easy. :)

18. susiecontreras 05.08.2012 at 1:39 pm #

I always wonder about that… I’m learning to sew now that my little one is a toddler so she doesn’t get much say in what she wears. I make it, she wears it lol. But later on I know she won’t WANT to wear some of the things I make, just like I didn’t want to at times. Oh well I’ll just take advantage of this time.

19. luvinthemommyhood 05.08.2012 at 2:03 pm #

So adorable!! Love the fabrics! And I second you sewing for yourself. I just got some new fabrics to make some clothes for myself…finally.

20. Love Alfie 05.08.2012 at 5:01 pm #

Hi there, I’ve nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award as I really enjoy reading your blog. I won’t be offended if you’d rather not take part, and I hope you don’t mind being nominated. All details are on my blog. Thanks, fi

p.s. those jim-jam bottoms just look too cute! x

21. Cindy 05.09.2012 at 11:59 am #

Your girls look adorable in their new jammies!!:) So cute, Anna!

22. harleywife57 05.09.2012 at 9:26 pm #

these are very cute !~ and so are those darling models !

23. amy 05.10.2012 at 11:59 am #

So cute!!! Love the fabrics you chose! I think I need some for me!

24. **nicke... 05.10.2012 at 2:56 pm #

seriously anna! tell them to tone down the cuteness! ;) adorable! i love the jammies and the brown cuffs, excellent choice!

25. chris 05.11.2012 at 5:17 pm #

The jammies are darling. They are one of the few things I can make for all four of my kids (that they’ll actually wear!)

26. Kari 05.11.2012 at 10:42 pm #

Could your kids be any cuter?? Seriously, Anna, those are adorable. Lovely, as always!

27. amandajean 05.12.2012 at 1:44 am #

seriously???

these are achingly cute.

and the photos are wonderfully done.

your girls are precious!