magazines and doughnuts

Noodlehead   magazines and doughnuts

I made my way into this Better Homes & Gardens Make it Yourself magazine!  Pretty fun seeing it in print, I even spotted a copy at
Target.  You might recognize my little project in there, the boys wallets.  It’s also filled with so many great other projects, and from lots of bloggers you probably already know.  So check it out!

Noodlehead   magazines and doughnuts
Noodlehead   magazines and doughnuts

I also felt really compelled to eat some Pumpkin Spice doughnuts (recipe from Blue-Eyed Bakers).  So we got a doughnut baking pan (still need to hunt down the mini size) and I got to work.  Right out of the oven they are heavenly, and I can’t imagine much better.  Seriously, you need to make them, they’re easy and fun.

Noodlehead   magazines and doughnuts

And I’ve been working on a little sewing.  Hoping to finish it up this week.  I’ve been so lazy about sewing lately, especially with the unseasonably warm weather we’ve been having – not complaining!

Noodlehead   magazines and doughnuts

, ,

36 Responses to magazines and doughnuts

1. holly | bijou lovely 10.24.2012 at 9:37 am #

Congrats on the magazine Anna! Those donuts look so good, I want one now :)

2. Taylor Made 10.24.2012 at 9:40 am #

I was at the airport last week and I was looking through tht mag then I was like I KNOW HER haha and everyone else in here… And by “know” I mean follow your blog and love it!! Congrats, how cool :)

3. **nicke... 10.24.2012 at 9:51 am #

Congrats Anna! That is so great! So very excited for you! Keep the pretty photos coming! Fall where you are is absolutely gorgeous!

4. Simple Simon & Co 10.24.2012 at 11:04 am #

THose donuts looks divine! And congrats on the magazine….you are totally famous!

5. verykerryberry 10.24.2012 at 11:05 am #

Congrats on being in the magazine, it looks like a great issue to be in x Looking forward to seeing more of the Liberty make

6. Jana 10.24.2012 at 11:25 am #

What a fantastic achievement! Good for you! Those wallets are so cool, my 5 year old wants one now :)

7. Darcy 10.24.2012 at 11:33 am #

I bought that magazine instantly and loved pretty much everything in it! And I just saw (ok, bought) mini donut pans at Target yesterday – they put them out with the Christmas stuff in the baking section. I know, I know, Christmas already ?! but I’d been wanted them forever so I caved :-)

8. Jeni 10.24.2012 at 11:40 am #

Eeek! Congratulations!! Need to check it out, good thing Target is already on my list today! :) Umm, I need to make those donuts. YUM!

9. Palak 10.24.2012 at 11:45 am #

Congratulations! (On the magazine and the donuts!) If I were you, I’d totally sneak in a chair and folding table into your local target and start offering to sign copies! Seriously, the feature looks gorgeous!

10. Cherie 10.24.2012 at 12:01 pm #

Argh, those donuts are killing me, they look so amazing. I immediately went over to the recipe and pinned it and followed their link to the donut pan on amazon and my mouse was hovering over the “buy now with 1-click” (that is a RIDICULOUSLY dangerous button!!), but clicked “add to my wish list” instead. I feel like I must have those donuts immediately. (note to self: don’t go through blog feed on an empty stomach.)

ANYWAYS – congrats on your magazine feature – that’s truly amazing and absolutely deserved! I’ll have to see if I can track down a copy of the magazine. Now that I know Target has the magazine AND the donut pan (according to Darcy’s comment above), I think I’ll have to roll over there in my PJs right now!

And that lil something you’ve been sewing looks awfully cute. Hope we get to see more! (eep – longest comment ever!)

11. Jessica at Me Sew Crazy 10.24.2012 at 12:45 pm #

Congratulations Anna! That is amazing! The donuts look fabulous too :)

12. ~ko 10.24.2012 at 1:54 pm #

Read the entire magazine while standing in the toy section at Target!!! Congrats! Soooooo awesome :)

13. Svetlana 10.24.2012 at 3:41 pm #

yay! Congrats!!!!

14. Jess@craftiness is not optional 10.24.2012 at 5:02 pm #

lovely pics in this post, Anna, especially those donuts…yum! COngrats on the magazine feature!

15. Unknown 10.24.2012 at 7:44 pm #

Congrats! I believe they sell that magazine at Costco. I will be picking one up the next visit.

16. DKB 10.24.2012 at 7:57 pm #

Congrats on the mag, and I’ll be honest, I’ll read any blog post that talks about donuts!!

17. Danielle 10.25.2012 at 1:36 am #

Congrats! That is so exciting. And I had no idea they made donut pans.

18. kristin 10.25.2012 at 2:58 am #

Mmmmmmmmm doughnuts. Nom.

Congrats on the magazine!! You’re awesome.

19. Sascha 10.25.2012 at 1:35 pm #

Congrats! Yum. Need to make donuts stat.

20. Rachel at Stitched in Color 10.25.2012 at 8:19 pm #

Oh what beautiful photographs today! That yellow is heavenly. Your sewing project looks tres interesting. More please!

21. Dahlia 10.25.2012 at 8:27 pm #

Oh Anna that’s awesome that you’re published! :) And those doughnuts look so yummy. Enjoy your warm weather while you can! Congrats again!!!

22. Andrea from The Train To Crazy 10.26.2012 at 2:01 am #

So fun to be in print! Exciting. Loved that wallet =)

23. Sascha 10.26.2012 at 2:11 am #

P.s. saw mini size donut pans at Kohls today. Food Network brand. On sale too.

24. Sew Much Ado 10.28.2012 at 10:30 pm #

Yay for being in the magazine! Congrats, you definitely deserve it! And thank goodness I don’t have the ingredients for those donuts, or I’d be making them right now :).

25. SHARM 10.29.2012 at 7:36 am #

Congrats for being in the magazine you deserve it totally!

26. thecreamsiclecat 10.29.2012 at 11:38 am #

Congratulations on your project making the magazine! How exciting! Thank you? I think? For sharing the mini donut recipe. ;-)

27. Katy Cameron 11.04.2012 at 8:18 am #

Congrats on the feature :o) Now off to look up those doughnuts…

28. *ines* 11.08.2012 at 3:38 am #

Congratulations!
    The Issue looks fantastic.
    Can you tell me, where I can buy it?
    I live in germany.
    So many thanks for your answer :)
    Greetings
    Ines

29. hasan odesk 12.06.2013 at 5:55 am #

Your article is both informative and interesting. You’ve made your points clear and I agree on most of them. Your content has given me reason to think and this is my favorite kind of material.
    Levelpro pressure switch

30. Anonymous 01.24.2014 at 9:47 am #

This doesn’t mean that you should try to impress me with an elaborate vocabulary or the use of complex sentences.
    Hayward Plastic y-Strainers

31. hasan odesk 02.03.2014 at 8:02 am #

I’ve found this has a good stuff for the readers and designers. I would be glad to recommend the post for its quality content. Nice post.
    Basket Strainers

32. Anonymous 02.24.2014 at 9:28 am #

Thanks for writing this. I really feel as though I know so much more about this than I did before. Your blog really brought some things to light that I never would have thought about before reading it. You should continue this, I’m sure most people would agree you’ve got a gift.
    Bag Filters

33. Anonymous 03.04.2014 at 12:53 am #

It is not quite same bet anymore, especially now that the legal market has taken a hit and law school tuition is going up.
    Hayward Plastic Bag Fitler

34. hasan odesk 03.24.2014 at 9:38 am #

Plastic Pumps

35. Anonymous 05.08.2014 at 6:32 am #

The post is written in very a good manner and it entails many useful information for me. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thank you for the post.
    Hayward Bulkhead Fittings