pajama pants for me!

Noodlehead   pajama pants for me! sewing

Wohoo!  I’m super excited about these pants.  I love how they turned out.  Pajama pants should be pretty easy right?  Well, I decided to draft my own pattern and majorly messed up the first round.  I found myself driving to the fabric store on my lunch hour the next day just to get more fabric so I could try again.  I was super bummed.  So I reworked the pattern pieces.

Noodlehead   pajama pants for me! sewing

Noodlehead   pajama pants for me! sewing

These turned out just like I wanted!  Honestly it feels so good.  I love how comfortable they are.  And did you notice the flat front and shirred back?  Oh, and that little decorative tie and bound hem, fun stuff!!!  I love the nice long length, seriously, someone needs to tell clothes manufacturers that they need to make longer pajama pants, the ones I buy are always too short!

Noodlehead   pajama pants for me! sewing

Clothespin People/Crafty Chloe by Heather Ross, waistband is Mama Said Sew by Sweetwater, tie front is Washi Waves by Rashida Coleman-Hale

In other news I made these yummy s’mores cupcakes for my dad’s birthday treat.  They were so good.  Get the recipe HERE by Pastry Affair.

Noodlehead   pajama pants for me! sewing

, , ,

61 Responses to pajama pants for me!

1. kirsty@shoproomstudio 10.05.2012 at 6:16 am #

seriously gorgeous! love them.

x

2. Anne Marie 10.05.2012 at 6:17 am #

I LOVE your new pajamas. The fabric, the waist ban, the lot. I think I am going to have to make myself a pair. Are you thinking of sharing the pattern &/or tutorial…?

I myself hate when pajamas pants sneak up my legs, so I would add waist ban also at the feet for no sneaking up…

3. Jo 10.05.2012 at 6:28 am #

Wow, very impressed! Love the fabric, the design, everything! Good work!
    :-) x
    adventuresandteaparties.blogspot.co.uk

4. Rhonda 10.05.2012 at 6:47 am #

Those are awesome! I totally need to make myself some pj pants… Im still wearing maternity pj pants (and my youngest is 5!)!

5. Trudie 10.05.2012 at 6:49 am #

Love them, great job! I would also be interested in a tutorial on how you did the waist band. I was just thinking I should make myself some pajama bottoms. I have the opposite problem, they are all to long for me.

6. beth lehman 10.05.2012 at 7:15 am #

they are adorable! i love all the special touches you can do when you make them yourself!

7. Krista S. 10.05.2012 at 8:18 am #

Good grief those are cute! Love your fabric choices and they look so comfy. I agree about jammy pants sold in stores, never long enough! I am 5’10.5 do I was them
    Once and they become capris :)

8. Katy Cameron 10.05.2012 at 8:18 am #

Loving your new jammies! Great design on the waistband too :o)

9. Evie Jones 10.05.2012 at 8:18 am #

Love love love! I’m sick of short pjs too and am planning to make myself. These are my inspiration.

10. Amy Friend 10.05.2012 at 8:26 am #

Those are very cute! Nice design details. I never have the problem with short pjs though since I am 5″ tall. Usually, my complaint is that they are too long!

11. crafterhours 10.05.2012 at 8:28 am #

pattern please!! You don’t even have to grade it – these will do nicely, thank you! :)

• Emily 10.05.2012 at 1:51 pm #

I agree!! Prettiest pajama pants ever.

• midnight hysteria 10.05.2012 at 2:09 pm #

again, agreed … just the instructions/tweaking and i think we can all make a pj pant … patterns? got em, tweaking, yours, please …. darlene

12. Jeni 10.05.2012 at 8:43 am #

Oh my gosh they are so awesome!! Love, love, love, the details! The shirring on the waistband is genius!

13. lrstitched.com 10.05.2012 at 9:26 am #

Those are SO cute! I love the shirring and the bound hem…and everything. Making me want some new pj pants!

14. Nicole 10.05.2012 at 9:38 am #

Just love these! Brilliant idea to do the shirring on the back. I’m going to have to “borrow” that idea :)

15. Jeannie 10.05.2012 at 9:57 am #

Love your PJ pants and I love how long they are. I have very long legs and never ever find them long enough either.
    The cupcake looks so fun!!!

16. Brooke Crook 10.05.2012 at 10:26 am #

Those are hot! Now I want to make some pjs! Great idea with the shirred back. And I totally agree with the length problem- I’m just average height and all my pj pants are too short.

17. Bethany 10.05.2012 at 10:41 am #

Those are really nice! I live in fear of my PJs accidentally hitting the drier–I’m pretty tall and they’re barely long enough as it is.

I love the waist details you added – fun stuff :)

18. Michelle Jensen 10.05.2012 at 10:43 am #

Okay, I am super jealous because I have since tried the dress pattern and it is old (from my grandma) and it is missing the front and the collar so I just cut out two backs and tried to figure it out. Well it still isn’t done and I don’t know what to do now. I love that your pants are finished and I just wish I were there too. Clothes are NOT easy for me and I keep thinking that with more practice I’ll get better but I just don’t know?

19. Isisjem 10.05.2012 at 10:57 am #

Your PJ pants are so cute! Do you have the urge to where them out in public. I think I would. But I’m English so probably a bit eccentric by birth ;-)

20. Laura 10.05.2012 at 11:14 am #

I love these – I totally agree with the length issue, yours look perfect. I really like the shirred waistband at the back too. I have a skirt with this kind of waist and I’ve been wanting to try it. It was definitely worth persevering.

21. Vanessa 10.05.2012 at 11:19 am #

Those are awesome! I have the opposite problem…all pants, even petite length, are too long! Sooooooooo frustrating.

22. Casey 10.05.2012 at 12:09 pm #

they’re awesome! I know what you mean about store bought being too short, drives me crazy!

23. Jennifer @ Ellison Lane Quilts 10.05.2012 at 12:35 pm #

Oh they are fab! I just love the fabric you chose for them and they look super comfy. Would love a pattern for these, hint hint. :)

24. MaterialGirlQuilts 10.05.2012 at 2:50 pm #

These are awesome! I agree with other pj pants at the stores, they are always too short for me too. I hope you do write a pattern for this, I would purchase it for sure.
    Amanda

25. Nat at Made in Home 10.05.2012 at 3:15 pm #

The panama pants are awesome! Love the details!

26. Krista 10.05.2012 at 5:17 pm #

Anna, these are incredible! My big pet peeve with pajama pants is the elastic gathered or drawstring waist. It’s so unflattering! I wear yoga pants instead, but they’re so boring. I agree that you must make a pattern! Or I’ll pay you to sew me a pair? Because Im sure you have so much free time for that ;) The fabric you chose is adorable too.

27. gail 10.05.2012 at 5:34 pm #

yes yes, pattern please! i have one pair of shirred-waist pj bottoms and they’re my all time favorite. but the flat front is even better! great fabric, too. these are all-around perfection!

28. Marcia 10.05.2012 at 6:54 pm #

Please, I’ll buy the pattern, too! I love them, they’re adorable. I’ve been making boxers but am ready for pants for the winter.

29. Cathy 10.05.2012 at 8:31 pm #

Your pajama pants are fantastic! They look very comfortable! Going to try your cupcake recipe. Thanks for a great post!

30. Jane@Buzzmills 10.05.2012 at 8:51 pm #

these are indeed awesome and I am jealous!!! and those cupcakes look delish!

31. thingsforboys 10.05.2012 at 9:35 pm #

Love them! The waistband is awesome. I made myself some pyjama pants recently and it took 2 goes to get the crotch right. Pyjama pants are always too long for me. I can cut the bottoms off and send them all to you ;)

32. Hind DP 10.05.2012 at 10:14 pm #

Super cute pants! Cupcakes look yummy!

33. Joelle 10.05.2012 at 11:40 pm #

Need this pattern!

34. Joelle 10.05.2012 at 11:40 pm #

Need this pattern!

35. Amanda 10.06.2012 at 1:05 am #

Your persistent paid off, these look great! The waistband is the best part!

36. prairieharmony 10.06.2012 at 1:37 am #

Very cute! You did a great job and they look comfy :)

37. marysza 10.06.2012 at 5:55 am #

they look awesome!!!! :D

38. Rachel at Stitched in Color 10.06.2012 at 6:01 pm #

Woa, super cute and they look so nice to wear. I hope a pattern is coming!

39. Jo 10.07.2012 at 8:21 am #

They’re really lovely – the details make them special. I’ve been thinking about making myslef some PJ pants but these are definitely a step above what I had in mind. The shirring in the back is genious!

40. Amy 10.07.2012 at 10:29 am #

Lovely! My favorite pair of pj pants have a shirred waist. I love your flat front idea. Genius! I would love to see a tutorial, like everyone else. Or a pattern. But I am sure you knew they would be wildly popular when you posted the pics, right?

41. Jennifer 10.07.2012 at 1:43 pm #

never thought of shirring the waist of pj pants! Love that.

42. Madla Loves To Sew 10.07.2012 at 2:01 pm #

Looove those! The fabric is super fun and the shirring is a great idea, I’d even make a pair as run-around-the-house pants. Great work!

43. susaninfrance 10.07.2012 at 6:27 pm #

me too! pattern please! i’ve never tried shirring….i know it’s so easy, but out of my comfort zone! These look like they’d fit awesomely. And your fabric choices are super fabby.

44. Amy 10.07.2012 at 6:50 pm #

I love everything about them! As a moderately tall girl, pajama bottoms are always too short and it really bothers me. I should finish up the pair I started last winter!

45. Colleen 10.07.2012 at 10:00 pm #

Ooooo what a great idea! I have 6 yards of pin people …

46. kristin 10.08.2012 at 2:54 am #

WAAAAY cute, Anna! I’d be so intimidated to cut into this much yardage, but on the other hand, getting the perfect PJ fit would be so awesome. Pattern please!! :)

47. Anonymous 10.09.2012 at 2:36 am #

That is an amazing pajama pant. My daughter (16) loves that sort of pants. She puts a t-shirt long or short sleeve to it and ready. But the pants in the shops are too short or too tight. Please make a tutorial or pattern. Love your tutorials. Made several open wide-zippered pouches!
    Greetings form the Netherlands :)

48. Jess 10.09.2012 at 11:46 am #

These are beautiful!! I’ve been longing to make some flannel pajama pants, as the weather is getting cooler.

49. Maureen Cracknell Handmade 10.10.2012 at 6:09 pm #

SO, so cute and comfy looking! If I were to actually sew for myself, I would have to make pj’s first! My pajamas seem to becoming my work uniform these days!! :)

50. luvinthemommyhood 10.11.2012 at 11:10 pm #

Oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would love these! They look super comfy and I can never find a good pajama pattern either for me. So cozy looking!

51. peaknits 10.13.2012 at 7:28 pm #

You had me very jealous at “I drafted my own pattern”, I” be on the hunt for something similar, I love the idea of making everyone a holiday pair of jammie pants!

52. Marisa 10.14.2012 at 2:16 pm #

I love all the details! So cute!

53. Anya 10.14.2012 at 8:30 pm #

Love the pants – especially the waistband and pant leg trim. I’d love a tutorial. I’m 5 feet tall so pants are always way too long for me. Thanks for sharing your creation!

54. Cherie 10.15.2012 at 3:24 am #

Soooo cute! Love your fabric choices and they look so comfy. And my goodness, that cupcake looks amazing too. I’m drooling.

55. Ivete 10.19.2012 at 10:07 pm #

These look like the perfectest pj pants ever! I need a pair just like them! Great job =)

56. sewkatiedid 10.23.2012 at 12:53 am #

need you here to show me how to make these! pants…always to short for this lady!

57. Mike 11.05.2012 at 8:29 pm #

Nothing is better then eating chocolate cupcakes while wearing pajama pants.

58. lbhaydon 11.11.2012 at 9:26 pm #

Just seen these – instant WANT! Loving the flat front, please add me to the long list of people who want you to do a pattern :)