sewing summit 2012

I’m not sure why this took me so long to write.  I think to sum up the experience is difficult, but one word I would use is overwhelming – in a good way.  It’s crazy to be in the same room with so many people that are into sewing.  Gosh, I met amazing people, it was awesome.  Plus, there just wasn’t enough time to meet everyone.

Noodlehead   sewing summit 2012 uncategorized

Erin [Two More Seconds] and the Sewing Summit staff did an amazing job, I can’t even imagine running an event like that and everything went so smoothly.

My lecture went really well, even though I wasn’t feeling that great (and a thanks again to Erin for bringing me very last minute feel better remedies).  I hope it left everyone feeling inspired.  I think I would do it again if given the opportunity.

Overall, the hardest part for me was the lack of quiet time to myself, I’m definitely an introvert.  Next time I’ll have to remember that!  I feel so lucky though to know all of these amazing women.

Noodlehead   sewing summit 2012 uncategorized

It was so amazing to talk to those I’ve never met, but had made something from one of my patterns or tutorials. I even got this cool clutch!  How totally sweet.

Noodlehead   sewing summit 2012 uncategorized

I did start one sewing project at Sewing Summit (sounds kind of backwards right? to not sew much at sewing summit) during Christina‘s Mini Curves Quilt class.  Hoping to finish it up this weekend.  ♥

13 Responses to sewing summit 2012

1. sukie 10.19.2012 at 10:25 am #

It was great meeting you too!!! I’m glad you started feeling better, I was really worried. xoxo

2. Cranberry Morning 10.19.2012 at 10:30 am #

I bet it was fantastic! Isn’t it hard to get up in front of a group of people!! Sounds like you made lots of new friends. Your projects are always so clever and pretty. Love ‘em.

3. Vanessa 10.19.2012 at 11:33 am #

I’m being a slacker about writing my post. I think I’ve been too busy catching up on sleep! I loved your class and am so glad you got to feeling better! It was really, really cool to get to hang out with you :)

4. Jessica at Me Sew Crazy 10.19.2012 at 11:36 am #

It was really nice to meet you Anna, it was odd for me realizing again what an introvert I am as well. I had to force my way through it. I felt so bad that you weren’t feeling well! Glad you were better by that last day – that was very sweet or Erin!

5. Kirsty@Bonjour 10.19.2012 at 12:28 pm #

I spy an Ali and a Jeni – I am so jealous of your trip and wish we had something like that over here. Looks like everyone had a fantastic time!

6. Flying Blind... 10.19.2012 at 1:56 pm #

Simply jealous x

7. verykerryberry 10.19.2012 at 2:27 pm #

I felt the same at FQ retreat, I had to hide away every now and then, I was so overwhelmed but it was such a warm and positive experience and it sounds like yours was wonderful in everyday. Not much sewing is oddly a sign of having had a great time!

8. Danielle 10.19.2012 at 4:36 pm #

I wish you could virtually teach your class! I’d love to hear what you had to share. Maybe next year!

9. Maureen Cracknell Handmade 10.19.2012 at 6:18 pm #

I wish I could have gone this year, to have that experience and to meet you and SO many others that inspire me weekly through sewing and blogging. Hopefully next year!!

10. Meg 10.20.2012 at 2:09 am #

hehe…that is how I felt last year! It was so fun and so overwhelming all at the same time!

11. Dahlia 10.21.2012 at 3:13 am #

I’m so glad you had a good time!! And I totally get you on needing some quiet time to yourself. I talk a lot during the day (homeschooling the kids) and feel burned out easily…I’m just realizing that as an introvert, I need to talk less. :) Anyhow, I can’t wait to see your finished project!

12. Rachel at Stitched in Color 10.22.2012 at 7:44 pm #

I had the same experience last year – loved it, overwhelming, so fun, wow apparently I AM an introvert. I hope to manage to have a little down time at my next big sewing event. Wish we had been there the same year, Anna!

13. Anonymous 10.23.2012 at 8:25 am #

Thank you for sharing your SS experience. I had toyed with the idea of going to it this year but it just is too far to travel for such a short time. Anyway, it seems I’m not seeing much blogging about it this year for some reason. It looks so fun. I wish there would be one in the midwest as I am from the upper penninsula of Michigan, yes…..way, way up north! I also can relate to you not having enough quiet time, funny how that works. Glad you had a good time and I just want to say I enjoy your blog. Keep up the good work!