dear stella travel pouches

Dear Stella kindly sent me a pack of their collection Cleo to try out.  I really love how forward their designs are.  I can see a lot of their collections pulling inspiration from fabrics intended more for fashion.  So I pulled out my favorite prints from the stack and got to work pulling together some different combinations.

There’s something just special about a collection of pouches, perfect for packing with all sorts of travel items.  Of course there are a million other uses, but I really like them together as a group.  A pretty modern group, check!  These are all 3 sizes from my Open Wide Pouch Tutorial.

I also liked adding on these little leather strips on the pull tab.  I simply looped the leather through the tab if it was big enough or  wound a piece of thread around the leather and tied it off.  Done and done.

The bottom contrast on all pouches is a Kaffee Fasset shot cotton (sorry, I’m not sure of the exact color!), the gray pull tabs and medium size pouch body is Robert Kaufman Essex Linen in Gray.

Thanks Dear Stella!

32 Responses to dear stella travel pouches

1. Mary on Lake Pulaski 01.29.2013 at 11:55 pm #

These are great Anna! I made bags as gifts for everyone else…and the ones I’m using for traveling – not so cute. Some for me next.

2. DKB 01.29.2013 at 11:59 pm #

Love those prints. They are great! Are those Zipit zippers?

3. Vanessa 01.30.2013 at 12:11 am #

Gorgeous fabrics and bags! That chevron print you used as a lining is awesome and I’m going to have to order some soon!!

4. kristin 01.30.2013 at 1:47 am #

those are really great! i used a dear stella print for my second washi dress and i’m constantly getting compliments on it (and not even “did you make it?” type compliments which is even better)! I need to make more pouches too…can never have too many.

5. Margarete 01.30.2013 at 4:23 am #

These are beautiful!

6. Fran 01.30.2013 at 5:20 am #

They are cute as anything, especially combined with the grey! Love the zip pulls in leather!

7. Exil-Rheinländerin 01.30.2013 at 6:44 am #

I love your open wide pouches!! I’ll have to do some more soon. The fabrics you used are simply beautiful!

Greetings from France,
    Steffi

8. gpc 01.30.2013 at 7:58 am #

Love these — still on my To-Do list for this year! :)

9. Sarah Watson 01.30.2013 at 8:14 am #

Mmm, dear stella… I love your detailing on these, beautiful zipper and tab choices!

10. Flying Blind... 01.30.2013 at 8:44 am #

Oh they look fantastic, especially love the brass zipper x

11. Stone Cottage Adventures 01.30.2013 at 9:02 am #

Gorgeous fabric! I’ll be sewing wet bags using your pouch pattern. Any advice working with PUL or is it PLU? I never can remember. -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

• Anna 01.30.2013 at 11:17 am #

I’m pretty sure with PUL you don’t want to pin it before you sew (it puts holes in the PUL that don’t seal back up like regular fabric). Other than that I’m sure a walking foot on your machine would be helpful too! :)

12. Emily's Mum 01.30.2013 at 9:25 am #

you really are the Queen of pouches. They are terrific.

13. Elsa 01.30.2013 at 9:36 am #

Love these bags ~ the fabric reminds me of Thai textiles.
    I made so many of the open wide pouches for gifts this last Christmas ~ everyone loves them!

14. Cranberry Morning 01.30.2013 at 9:54 am #

Cute!! And I like the zipper going off the bag like that, with the leather pull. Nice touch!

15. Anna 01.30.2013 at 12:21 pm #

So adorable!!! love them.

16. Chase 01.30.2013 at 1:54 pm #

I can’t get enough for your zippered pouches.. They are so pretty! I need to make a some soon.. :)

17. Bree at "Bree's Way" 01.30.2013 at 2:14 pm #

I love love love these!!!!! can’t wait to make some!

18. nadelundgabel 01.30.2013 at 2:26 pm #

Beautiful! …again

19. 3Ms +1N 01.30.2013 at 6:27 pm #

adorable- and I seriously want them :) too cute. Just having them would make me want to travel places so I could use them a lot!

I just purchased your divided basket pattern and am so excited to make one of these little things for a bambino that is joining the world soon. Thanks for making the pattern & for making it affordable for all of us ;) Very nice of you! (must be the mid-westerner in you ‘eh?!)

20. Sara Dodd 01.31.2013 at 5:17 am #

They are lovely! Must add these to my ‘must try’ list! S :-)

21. Elena Terenzi 01.31.2013 at 6:27 am #

Beautiful!!!!

22. Marisa 01.31.2013 at 10:01 am #

These pouches are beautiful, I really like how you combined the colors of the fabrics, really beautiful and inspiring! Thanks for sharing your creations with us.
    I am a follower of yours since not long ago, I’m glad I found this site, your blog is really inspiring!
    Marisa.

23. Carolyn 01.31.2013 at 11:28 am #

these are just lovely!!

24. MiniBinoy 02.01.2013 at 1:54 pm #

Gorgeous pouches!

25. Sewing Princess 02.02.2013 at 7:18 am #

Love your fabric choice. Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful tutorial. Just made some as a present. http://bombardone.com/sewingprincess/?p=2035

26. Gwen @ Gwenny Penny 02.05.2013 at 10:24 pm #

These turned out really nice, Anna. I love the fabric combinations, especially on the large pouch. And that metal zipper looks awesome on the small pouch.

27. mary 02.06.2013 at 1:36 pm #

Very cute. I love making your bags. I made one for my daughter for Christmas and two other ones for sewing swaps. Fast and easy. I have only made the medium size.

28. Karin 02.06.2013 at 3:40 pm #

I really like these…

29. M Zaib 12.07.2013 at 7:24 am #

Thanks for sharing this nice info expect some more in near future.

30. colten murphy 02.13.2014 at 8:02 am #

Awesome sharing! Great idea to make our pocket pouch as we wants. Travelling is my favorite activity that I like to do every time in my life. It is just like fun for me. Now I must try this beautiful leather pouch. I want to take it with me during my niagara falls tours. I believe it is very use full and best way to save our little things during travel.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. 10 de febrero – Todo lo que no me dio tiempo a contaros esta semana | My CMS - 09.20.2014

[…] Estos neceseres tan chulos de Noodlehead que podeis hacer siguiendo su DIY. […]