Divided Basket Pattern

Noodlehead   Divided Basket Pattern pattern

I’m happy to share my latest pattern with you today: the Divided Basket Pattern.  I was really excited after your response to the baskets I had made just before Christmas.

Noodlehead   Divided Basket Pattern pattern

This is a really versatile pattern, a great basket for storing all sorts of goodies. It’s great for diaper storage, filling with gifts, knitting projects, and anything else you can dream up! You’ll want to make one for all your friends, I promise.

Noodlehead   Divided Basket Pattern pattern

You can see my baskets in action:
Basket for Baby
Another Basket another Baby
Bathroom Divided Basket + Washcloths

Noodlehead   Divided Basket Pattern pattern
Noodlehead   Divided Basket Pattern pattern
Noodlehead   Divided Basket Pattern pattern

The Divided Basket Pattern features:

• Structured basket
  • Divided liner
  • front pocket with two options
  • two handle variations
  • divider sewn in on both sides as well as bottom, no gaps for anything to slide through!
In the pattern you’ll find:
  • step-by-step instructions with full color photos
  • full size print-at-home pattern pieces
Materials needed:
  • 1/2 yard exterior fabric **2/3 yard if using 44″ wide fabric or directional print
  • 1/2 yard lining
  • fat quarter (18”x22”) for accent pieces
  • 1 yard fusible interfacing (SF101 or Pellon 808 )
  • 1 yard fusible fleece, Pellon 987F (optional)
  • 1/2 yard cotton webbing for handles (optional)
Approx. Basket Dimensions:  13.5″wide, 7.5″ deep, 10.5″ tall including handles (7.5″ tall without)

By purchasing this pattern, I also give you (the purchaser of this pattern) the rights to sell Divided Baskets made using this pattern (on a home based scale). Additional information regarding the license to sell is included in the pattern. This is an 18 page PDF pattern with full size print-at-home pattern pieces and includes detailed step-by-step instructions with color photographs.

Click Here for More Information and to Purchase

Noodlehead   Divided Basket Pattern pattern

96 Responses to Divided Basket Pattern

1. The domestic Groove 01.24.2013 at 10:57 pm #

OMG – I love your patterns! I finally made my first gathered clutch this week. I have made the go anywhere tote and about 10 of the 241 totes. I love the step by step photo patterns! I am going to order this right now!
    Thank you!
    thedomesticgroove.blogspot.com

2. Mary on Lake Pulaski 01.24.2013 at 11:06 pm #

Great design Anna! I’m going to order this after I return from our month in FL.

3. Stone Cottage Adventures 01.24.2013 at 11:12 pm #

T H A N K Y O U ! ! Ordering right now! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

4. Stephanie Granite 01.24.2013 at 11:34 pm #

This is JUST the thing I’ve been looking for for my nursery. Thanks!

5. DKB 01.25.2013 at 12:00 am #

Congrats! Looks like a winner ;)
    I love the fabrics used on the heather ross basket.

6. Christie 01.25.2013 at 12:13 am #

You rock!!! :) And just made my night!

7. Kelly 01.25.2013 at 12:55 am #

Thank you so much. I have wanted this pattern since I saw you make it. Totally fabulous! Bought – and I can’t wait to make it!

8. kristin 01.25.2013 at 1:27 am #

Freakin love it. You’re so good (and fast)! Can’t wait to sew one once I get a spare moment!

9. Kim with a K 01.25.2013 at 1:40 am #

Love!
    I just finished making your 241 tote which is just an excellent pattern and bag!!!
    I’ll be buying this one too eventually!

10. Sew Much Ado 01.25.2013 at 1:45 am #

Yay for another pattern! I love these, I need to make one for my sewing room!

11. elineuponline.com 01.25.2013 at 3:28 am #

Thank you!!! I’ve been checking back every day!!!!

12. Rineke 01.25.2013 at 3:49 am #

Yes! Love this pattern, I’ve ordered one!

13. Eva 01.25.2013 at 5:56 am #

Yay! I’ve been looking forward to this! Heading to check out right now!! :-)

14. {Leila}Where the Orchids Grow 01.25.2013 at 6:58 am #

It’s fantastic Anna!! Congratulations X

15. Amy Friend 01.25.2013 at 8:41 am #

Congratulations on the terrific pattern! I may just need to sew one up because I know of lots of babies arriving soon.

16. Krista S. 01.25.2013 at 8:43 am #

So excited to get started on one!!! Thanks so much for making this pattern. It’ll definitely be my go to for baby showers. Trying to think of other use so I can make 100 of them :)

17. Stephanie 01.25.2013 at 8:44 am #

I’m so glad you made a pattern! I can’t wait to try it – I seriously need some pretty storage. :)

18. amandajean 01.25.2013 at 8:45 am #

It’s fantastic!!!! You are amazing!

19. Anie 01.25.2013 at 8:47 am #

I’ve been waiting patiently for that pattern, I just bought it, i’m sooo excited! Thank you!!

20. Tabatha 01.25.2013 at 9:13 am #

Love it & purchased the pattern!
    {Tabatha at BendingPins.com}

21. Carolyn 01.25.2013 at 10:17 am #

I am so excited to make one ( or more!) of these! Such a fantastic project!

22. ✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ 01.25.2013 at 10:20 am #

What a great pattern!

23. Oh Sew Liz 01.25.2013 at 10:54 am #

I just bought it!! I’m so excited to make one!

24. eholst 01.25.2013 at 11:09 am #

Perfect timing! I was just dreaming about fabric to use for one (or more) of these in our nursery! So excited that this pattern is here :)

25. gail 01.25.2013 at 11:35 am #

YAY anna!! i love this pattern so much. you are awesome! :)

26. mle 01.25.2013 at 12:07 pm #

This is great Anna! I can’t wait to make one!

27. hollymade 01.25.2013 at 1:09 pm #

So excited! I can’t wait to make one!

28. Carla 01.25.2013 at 2:23 pm #

I’m thrilled you were able to make and release a pattern! I just bought it, thank yoU!

29. Rachel O. 01.25.2013 at 3:23 pm #

Genius. This is so perfect. The flat bottom with the dividers?! Thank you!!!

30. Jeni 01.25.2013 at 4:51 pm #

So lovely! Love it with the front pocket! Can’t wait to make one! Or more realistically, a whole bunch! :)

31. Gingercake 01.25.2013 at 5:20 pm #

Adorable! I love it

32. Brooke Crook 01.25.2013 at 5:44 pm #

This is amazing! Just bought it and can’t wait to use it!

33. Dalya 01.25.2013 at 10:04 pm #

It’s freakin’ awesome! Very practical and pretty ;) I plan on getting it!

34. OffOnAWhim 01.26.2013 at 2:32 am #

Just purchased your pattern, I love it and can’t wait to make it!

35. julie 01.26.2013 at 3:12 am #

Great pattern. I’ve just purchased it and am downloading it as I type. 2 month old Grandaughter and a due any day great niece that need one made for them. Just the right week-end for sewing. A long week-end here for Australia Day. Rainy and foggy from a cyclone in north Queensland. Nice weather to be sewing.

36. gpc 01.26.2013 at 9:34 am #

I can’t wait to make this!

37. Anna 01.26.2013 at 11:38 am #

Me encanta!!! Es muy bonito!!
    Anna

38. Gina 01.26.2013 at 12:37 pm #

Looks really useful . My niece has 2 year old twins and this would be useful for her . Boy diapers and girl diapers !

39. Katie Cavanaugh 01.26.2013 at 3:22 pm #

Such a great idea! So many uses, now I just have to be brave enough to try and make it!

40. Susan Jonsson 01.27.2013 at 4:27 pm #

Add me to your list of happy customers….Have baby grand nieces to make this nifty basket for. Thanks for all your generous sharing you’ve done through the years….

41. Sarah 01.27.2013 at 10:22 pm #

This is great, Anna! I just bought the pattern and am planning to make a “welcome baby” basket to contribute to our school auction. Looking forward to getting started!

42. Rachel at Stitched in Color 01.28.2013 at 8:58 pm #

Congrats, Anna. It looks like another great pattern!

43. Sue 01.29.2013 at 2:48 pm #

Thank you so much for sharing this pattern. I purchased it and have read the directions several times now. It is all coming together crystal clear in my mind and I look forward to seeing it all come together in real time.

44. Renae 01.30.2013 at 2:17 am #

Perfect! Just this week I disassembled the change table so the nappy hanging bag thingie is no longer useful. This basket will be perfect! I purchased right away :)

45. Karen 01.30.2013 at 7:47 am #

I’ve been looking for a pattern like this.

Is the divider attached to the bottom as well as the sides?
    Either way, I’m going to purchase your pattern and look forward
    to making one.
    Thanks!

• Anna 01.30.2013 at 11:04 am #

Hi Karen,
      Yes, the divider is attached at the bottom and sides. :)

46. V and Co. 01.31.2013 at 1:28 pm #

love love love love!!!!!!!!!!!!

47. Christine Welsh 01.31.2013 at 7:20 pm #

Great pattern Anna! Well done! Christine

- ChrisW Designs

48. charlotte 02.03.2013 at 12:50 pm #

Anna, I have made my first one and posted it to your flickr group. I love this pattern. You did an awesome job with it. So easy to use and everything comes together just the way you say it should. How difficult do you think it would be to make one a little larger? I would love to try, but I don’t know if I could just add a couple of inches to each piece. What do you think?

• Anna 02.07.2013 at 3:56 pm #

Awesome Charlotte! I think it would be great enlarged. You’d probably just have make adjustments to the divider, depending on how much bigger you make the basket! :)

49. april 02.05.2013 at 4:18 am #

Great pattern! Made one this weekend for a gift and found your directions to be excellent as always! Will be making more of these for sure! Thank you!

50. Gwen @ Gwenny Penny 02.05.2013 at 10:27 pm #

Bought mine last week and can’t wait to try it! I love the covered handle option… great idea.

51. Cindy 02.08.2013 at 12:28 pm #

I just ordered your Divided Basket Pattern and look forward to making it. What fun!!

52. ~April~ 02.08.2013 at 5:57 pm #

This comment has been removed by the author.

53. debbie 02.08.2013 at 11:17 pm #

It IS a very nice pattern. What a coincidence it looks nearly exactly like the basket pattern I made nearly 5 years ago from another blog….http://ayumills.blogspot.com.au/2008/05/tutorial-fabric-basket.htmlog. Even the handles look very similar.
    I’ve made several from the original instructions…
    debbie

54. Jessica 02.09.2013 at 10:25 pm #

I just bought it Anna! Excited!

55. Anonymous 02.11.2013 at 5:17 pm #

I just bought it!!!Can’t wait to use it!

Marisa

56. cla16e 02.14.2013 at 4:14 pm #

Hi, is the pattern for one size basket?
    If so what size does it finish?
    I’d like to do a few in different sizes that all match but as I’m new to sewing I don’t know how to resize patterns, I can just about follow one! Lol

• Anna 02.14.2013 at 4:38 pm #

Yes, the pattern is for just one size: Basket Dimensions: 13.5″wide, 7.5″ deep, 10.5″ tall including handles (7.5″ tall without) as mentioned above. You can resize it, but you’ll have to make adjustments to the divider piece accordingly, hope that helps! :)

57. Swedish Scrapper 02.24.2013 at 6:23 am #

Thank you for making such a fabulous pattern! I am ordering it right now, after seeing yiur post earlier, and seeing it action again at Di’s from Rando Thoughts…Do or “di”s blog today!

58. Jessica at Me Sew Crazy 02.25.2013 at 10:57 pm #

Amazing Anna!!!! Your patterns are always incredible, thank you!

59. mjnauert 03.10.2013 at 3:52 pm #

Awesome! I will be making this one again and again, in many different versions. Thank you for the pattern! Super purchase.

60. Tracy 03.18.2013 at 7:20 pm #

I just made this and love it! The pattern was wonderful to follow! I plan to make more, at least one for myself too!

61. marnae 03.21.2013 at 12:21 pm #

Thanks for the great pattern..just made one and blogged about it here: http://erickmarnae.wordpress.com/2013/03/21/divided-basket/. Thought you may like to see. I made mine with the pocket out of contrasting fabric, initially thought I’d messed it up, then decided I liked it…and then saw your post about using a contrasting fabric for the pocket. Too funny:)Do you have a Noodlehead flickr group?

62. A Plain Path 03.26.2013 at 3:37 pm #

Thank you for the pattern. This made an awesome shower gift. I will be making more in the future. You can see mine on my blog…

Thanks again!! Loved it!!

63. manybooks 04.01.2013 at 12:11 pm #

So, I think I’m probably too much of a novice and that must be why I’m having troubles. I cut all my piece last night, only to find out this morning that the “Cut 4″ for lining really means cut two, and cut two mirror images. Oops. So, I’m choosing a new lining as my 1/2 yard won’t *quite* make 2 more pieces…
    I would also like clarification about using the fusible fleece AND Interfacing on the exterior pieces. I’ve used each before, but never together. Which one do I fuse to the fabric first? I assume the interfacing, then fuse the fleece to that?
    Thank you in advance for your help. It’s a lovely basket and I hope I end up being able to complete one!

• Anna 04.01.2013 at 1:27 pm #

Hi! You will cut 4 of the lining (otherwise you’ll only end up with half a lining. I’m guessing you might have just cut them on the fold by accident (which is okay, you can just cut them in half). And yes, typically when you’re cutting out pieces you have your fabric folded in half (like when it comes off the bolt, so you’ll get mirrored pieces. The steps for the interfacings are detailed in the instructions, but just in case you missed it, you’ll fuse on the SF101 first, then fuse the fusible fleece on top of that. Hope that helps!!

64. christy 04.05.2013 at 8:39 am #

I also found that you need to cut 2 for the lining, cut 2 mirror for the pattern to work correctly. Although that gave me a hiccup, the basket turned out wonderfully!

65. Anna 04.05.2013 at 9:27 am #

Hi Christy,
    Typically when you’re cutting out pieces you have your fabric folded in half – either right or wrong sides facing (like when it comes off the bolt, so you’ll automatically get mirrored pieces. You’re cutting it twice, but it’s actually 4 pieces.

66. Janice 04.25.2013 at 6:32 pm #

I purchased this pattern and made two baskets as my grandchildren’s Easter baskets. The pattern instructions are very easy to follow and I love how they turned out. Thank you.

67. jersey bola 04.28.2013 at 9:00 pm #

Amazing Anna!
    Your patterns are always incredible

68. Rachel 06.16.2013 at 10:07 pm #

I am almost done with mine but am a wee bit confused on the handles, they just don’t look right…with the fold over allowance and how to pin them. I’ve looked at the pictures for 30 minutes and tried it three different ways….I am thinking I’ll just wing it and put them between the layers and sew them with the top stitch? Do I fold over and then sew on the fold over or just sew to the piece and allow space for the fold over….urg. It’s just not coming to me…thanks.

• Anna 06.16.2013 at 10:34 pm #

Hey Rachel, sorry you’re having a hard time. If you’d like to email me I’d like to help you out more. From what I can tell, you’re doing the handle version with the cotton webbing? You’ll fold it over by 1/4″ on each long edge. Then place the webbing on top and wrap the fabric around each side, pin in place and sew along the inside edge of the fabric you just folded over. Hope that helps a little! :)

69. Anonymous 06.19.2013 at 9:50 am #

I have seen several similar items on Etsy for upwards of $40. I’ve been debating whether I will try to figure out how to make one myself, or spend the money to buy it for my nursery. Now I don’t have to do either! :) thanks so much!! I AM going to try to make it longer for a third divider — diapers, burp cloths, and hiding that horrible wipes container/diaper rash ointment. Super excited! Thanks again :D

70. Steph H 06.24.2013 at 10:21 pm #

Hi Anna:
    LOVE the look of these baskets and have been planning one in my head for weeks- just went and bought fabric yesterday! Question for you though- I assume you pre-wash your fabrics. Do you also pre-shrink your interfacing? And the fusible fleece? (can you shrink fusible fleece? I’ve never thought about it…)
    Thanks!

• Anna 06.24.2013 at 11:00 pm #

Hi Steph! Great questions! You totally could pre-wash the fabrics. Just press well after you wash, even a little spray starch helps. No need to pre-shrink the interfacing. The fleece is all synthetic so it won’t shrink. :) Happy basket making!

71. Kaos Bola 07.08.2013 at 11:12 pm #

I just bought it!!!Can’t wait to use it!

72. Jual Kaos Bola 07.09.2013 at 4:48 am #

thanks for great post

73. Jersey Bola 07.17.2013 at 9:54 pm #

74. this 10.29.2013 at 2:04 am #

I purchased this design and also produced a couple of containers seeing that my grandchildren’s Easter containers. The design recommendations are extremely all to easy to comply with and also I adore how they turned out. Thanks a lot.

75. Heidi 11.14.2013 at 2:16 pm #

Hey, just wondering if the binding should be bias, or is OK to cut on the grain? I’m guessing on the grain would be fine, as I’m not binding around any curves, but I wanted to be sure. :)

• Anna 11.14.2013 at 2:38 pm #

Yep, straight grain binding works!

76. IslandBatik 12.28.2013 at 11:01 pm #

So, so cute! Cannot wait to give this pattern a try. I have a feeling it will be quite addicting! ;)

77. wasim 01.03.2014 at 8:52 am #

Decorum thesis here also skimp your trip. If you five paragraph essay aspiration to bonus texts from us, connection our promise. Don’t stay to regular deportment manuscript. Attain statement power swiftly.

78. Jual Jersey Bola 03.06.2014 at 10:21 pm #

I think this is good, I love the bright colors. I love :)

79. KathrynBrooks1 04.08.2014 at 9:55 am #

Excellently written and photographed. Love this pattern!

80. sternenstauberin 04.30.2014 at 4:00 am #

I just discovered your blog and this pattern. Thank you for this. Downloaded it few minutes ago and hope to find the time to sew it in a few days :)

Greetings from Germany
    Daniela

81. Marija 07.09.2014 at 1:58 pm #

Hi. I purchased the pattern, it looks great, I am on the right track with the interior. As a total beginner (first time making anything with a pattern), I have a little issue with the bottom part of the exterior. I was expecting it to have at least picture or two how to assemble the bottom part. I can guess how it goes so please confirm: join the shortest sides (the concave side parts) and sew them and then sew 2 parts of the exterior together on the side. Is that it? How come there isn’t a pic or two with this? :) Thanks a bunch, I’m sure I’ll be pleased with the result, I’ve chosen delightful color/pattern combinations :)

• Anna 07.09.2014 at 2:31 pm #

I sent you an email. :)

82. Marija 07.09.2014 at 3:07 pm #

All clear now, I’ll do it as I did the lining :) Thanks!

83. Jory Walker 08.01.2014 at 6:08 am #

Do you recommend quilting fabric or home decor fabric for the baskets?

84. jual jersey bola 09.14.2014 at 8:54 pm #

Just found your blog site and what a wonderful wealth of information.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. A Thoughtful Baby Basket | Stitched By Sheila - 08.18.2014

[…] purchased the Divided Basket pattern, by Noodlehead last year sometime and have been meaning to make at least one. I finally made one for my […]

2. Red and Yellow Divided Basket {w.i.p} | Crafty Planner - 09.17.2014

[…] will love something handmade in the colors of her room so I cut away!  I decided to try out the Divided Basket pattern from Noodlehead.  So many people have made them and I love how they can carry a ton of […]

3. Baby Gifts for Sis | Life by Ky - 10.05.2014

[…] a baby basket made from the Noodlehead Divided Basket Pattern. I love this pattern! Her instructions are awesome and detailed and I’ll definitely be making […]