I’m knitting!

So last year about this time, I had my aunt show me how to knit.  I tried a few rows and almost thought I might try a project.  Well, after seeing all of Amanda’s, Shannon’s, Angela’s, and Ashley’s (to name a few) knitting projects, I could no longer resist.  Plus you know, Pinterest never helps.  *wink*

Over this Christmas I had my sister-in-law show me the sock project she was working on, it then became necessary to try again!  Angela gave me some great tips and I was on my way!  I started out with a small scarf for a doll.  I was terribly slow, pretty sure I was going about it the wrong way, but I finished it.  Next up, the Honey Cowl.  I’ve seen so many people make them, they’re all amazingly pretty.  Gotta love the squish factor, you just can’t get at feel in a sewing project usually.

Well, I finished the Honey Cowl, I even loved doing the bind off (which I was really scared of).  Yes, there are mistakes, no I don’t care. I love it so much.  I wore it for over 48 hours straight, yep, even to bed.

And I already have plans for my next project!  ♥  ps my earrings are from Elizabeth Space on Etsy, Necklaces are from Alina & T and my all time favorite jewelry shop Edor

45 Responses to I’m knitting!

1. Stone Cottage Adventures 01.18.2013 at 11:10 am #

The cowl is beautiful! I love LOVE your sewing tutorials! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

2. Faith Jones 01.18.2013 at 11:12 am #

It looks so good! I spent so many hours last year trying to make my honey cowl and I have NO clue what I’m doing wrong. I think I’m the only one to have failed at that project. LOL

3. Julie 01.18.2013 at 11:18 am #

Anna what a gorgeous job.yay for you♥♥♥

4. Evie Jones 01.18.2013 at 11:19 am #

Welcome to the dark side…there’s no going back now! ;-) Knitting is so addictive. In the best possible way. I suspect you’ll soon find you always have some sort of project on the needles. This cowl turned out beautifully. You’d never think it was a first “real” project.

5. Carolyn 01.18.2013 at 11:46 am #

Oooo, that looks so warm and cozy! Such a gorgeous first (!) project!

6. ~ko 01.18.2013 at 11:47 am #

Gorgeous! You amaze me with your talent :)

7. kristin 01.18.2013 at 11:48 am #

Man it’s good. And styled so well too, pretty lady! I need to learn how to purl and other acronym thingie in the pattern, and then I NEED to make one of these!

8. Ana Lopes 01.18.2013 at 12:00 pm #

So gorgeous!!! Love the color and it’s well done!Enjoy your knitting!
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft

9. Deborah Hamilton 01.18.2013 at 12:06 pm #

You did a great job on the cowl. It looks wonderful. Keep on knitting.

10. Алёна 01.18.2013 at 12:08 pm #

Such a beautiful, refined first project! A good choice of a color. I will be looking forward to your next works :)))

11. Bethany 01.18.2013 at 12:22 pm #

Very nice job!!! Don’t pick up a crochet hook – you’ll be addicted :)

12. ella 01.18.2013 at 12:23 pm #

i think this might be my next knitting project! it looks beautiful.

13. Linda 01.18.2013 at 12:42 pm #

I love your version of the honey cowl – it looks so soft! What yarn did you use for this project? And hey, I bought a necklace from edor once! :)

14. Pétra 01.18.2013 at 12:50 pm #

I’m knitting too it must be in the air! Your cowl turned out great!

15. Vanessa 01.18.2013 at 1:06 pm #

It looks awesome!!! Go you!

16. Sabs 01.18.2013 at 1:40 pm #

It’s ALWAYS cool to wear woolly things to bed. Sometimes it’s even the law and you HAVE to. Just so everyone knows. I like your cowl so much, I might have to make one to wear to bed too…

17. Indigo Blue 01.18.2013 at 1:47 pm #

Lovely scarf. I will have to look into that one. I can sort of knit, but I do find following a pattern a bit tricky.
    x

18. Karen 01.18.2013 at 1:49 pm #

Beautiful! You are doing great! I love knitting and am currently working on a few cowls for gifts and my 4 year old decided she wants one, so that will be next. You Tube has been invaluable for help. I love VeryPinkKnits ~ her teaching is awesome!

19. Jeannie 01.18.2013 at 1:58 pm #

You did a super job! Love the color and it looks awesome on you!

20. Stephanie 01.18.2013 at 1:59 pm #

So beautiful!! What an accomplishment for your first project. Can’t wait to see what you choose next! :)

21. Jenny 01.18.2013 at 3:45 pm #

wow, well done! I’m envious, knitting/crochet is one type of crafty skill I have never (may never) mastered. It’s gorgeous, I can see why you’re in love :)

22. Flying Blind... 01.18.2013 at 4:21 pm #

clever old stick x

23. agirlnamedmaria 01.18.2013 at 4:39 pm #

Knitting is so relaxing! Now if i could only sew as well as you do :o)

24. QuilterMary 01.18.2013 at 4:52 pm #

YAY for knitting – great job!

25. Chantacaro 01.18.2013 at 5:31 pm #

Ziet er lekker warm uit ! Mooi gedaan !
    Chantacaro.blogspot.be

26. make it perfect 01.18.2013 at 5:53 pm #

Looks great Anna! Beware…they are addictive, I’ve made 7 now and am onto my 8th! Just blogged another today, must be the day for it ;)

27. Michele 01.18.2013 at 6:19 pm #

I have picked up (and put down) the knitting needles several times over the last few years. I always got frustrated and gave up. But I sat down this week and I *think * I finally got it. I’ve just been practicing but I think that cowl would be the perfect first real project. Love it!

28. Fernanda 01.18.2013 at 7:17 pm #

I love the cowl and the color!! Great job – I am also learning to knit pretty much on my own with the help of the internet. Keep up the good work.

29. Mary Ann 01.19.2013 at 1:29 am #

I taught myself how to knit last February and my first project was the honey cowl with a few mistakes too but learned not to be so fussy, just finish and enjoy! I am now addicted to knitting and find it very relaxing, even though I’ve become proficient in unknitting too. Haven’t tried socks YET, although I’ve made several pairs of fingerless gloves. If you feel like being challenged, check out Cat Bordhi and her moebus knitting, try one of those scarfs! She has great videos on youtube! btw Happy New Year too (I’ve been out of the loop for a while, but finally back!)

30. Cirque Du Bebe 01.19.2013 at 5:18 am #

A big congrats from me! Knitting is one of those things I wish I could commit to learning if I wasn’t so deeply involved in sewing. It seems like another language so well done to you.

31. flowerpress 01.19.2013 at 9:01 am #

I’m knitting this cowl, and you have reinspired me! (Though I find its much harder to knit in summer somehow, despite the fact it makes sense because then you have it at the start of winter and not the end!!)

32. DKB 01.19.2013 at 9:46 am #

Great color, love it. I bought stuff for a chunky cowl last year, but never made it. I can’t really knit ;)

33. Amy 01.20.2013 at 2:06 am #

Well done on your cowl! Next thing you know, you’ll be spinning your own yarn…

34. erica 01.20.2013 at 11:20 am #

Looks great, Anna! I’m afraid to knit….I might get addicted to yarn.

35. Krystina 01.21.2013 at 11:36 am #

Looks beautiful! Knitting is just as addictive as sewing, be careful!

36. Karen Sue 01.21.2013 at 2:04 pm #

made a gaptastic cowl after Christmas and thinking the honey is a good ‘nother’ one. Did a simple one from an inch or so of ribbing then stockinette, then an inch or so of ribbing to finish it this fall, but think it maybe a bit tighter than I’d like. Thinking about redoing that because I just LOVE the yarn. I’m not real fast and I also like to sew alot, but knitting for the most part is so portable. You can do it around other people most of the time, if you aren’t needing a lot of counting. And I can read and sew in the car, so that’s a bonus over quite a few of my friends.

37. Karen Sue 01.21.2013 at 2:05 pm #

38. Karen Sue 01.21.2013 at 2:05 pm #

39. Sew Much Ado 01.21.2013 at 3:04 pm #

That’s awesome Anna! You are amazing. I’ve never had the patience for knitting (or at least that’s my excuse for being so horrible at it :)), but you clearly are a natural!

40. Mandy 01.21.2013 at 3:45 pm #

Beautiful job! You seem like a pro already!

41. **nicke... 01.22.2013 at 3:41 pm #

it is my goal to learn to knit this year. lovely cowl. i love that you wore it to bed! it has been so cold where i am that if i had one i would probably wear it to bed as well! xo

42. ElisabethSpace 01.24.2013 at 5:28 pm #

Cowls are my favorite. Not only are they essential when living in an old, drafty house, I think they add instant zip to a simple outfit. Good job on your lovely dark dusty blue creation! Also, I’m honored to see the gold star earrings made their way into such a post. :)

43. luvinthemommyhood 01.25.2013 at 2:14 am #

Yay! So proud of you hun! You did a wonderful job and it looks so lovely!!! I’m so happy to have a new addict to chat knitting with <3

44. Pascale 01.31.2013 at 4:57 pm #