divided basket pattern testers and your baskets!

I’m always so thankful for my pattern testers, they always provide such great insight into a pattern.  So for the Divided Basket Pattern I was super excited to have a few friends help me out!

Noodlehead   divided basket pattern testers and your baskets! pattern

Here’s Lindsay’s version (LR Stitched), she did an amazing job with her fabric selection! And if you check out her post on the project, she lists a ton of great ideas for ways you can use the basket.

Noodlehead   divided basket pattern testers and your baskets! pattern
Noodlehead   divided basket pattern testers and your baskets! pattern

I was excited to have Gail [Probably Actually] help out again, her newest little guy sure is a cutie!  Plus I am always drooling over her beautiful fabric choices. She made not one, but two pretty baskets!  And she loaded them with tons of great goodies.

Noodlehead   divided basket pattern testers and your baskets! pattern

And I had to ask Darcy from Modern Cozy to help!  I got to meet Darcy at Sewing Summit last fall.  She’s such a nice person and has a love for homemade donuts like I do.  What more can I say?  You had me at donut.  You can read more about her baskets she made here.

I also had my friends June and Darcy review the pattern, they always give me great feedback, even if they haven’t had time to sew up the basket yet!  Now that’s a skill in itself!  Thank you!

I am so thrilled by the response from this pattern and it’s so wonderful to see divided baskets already in the flickr group!  Here’s a little round up of what you’ve been up to so far:

Noodlehead   divided basket pattern testers and your baskets! pattern

1. Divided Basket – Noodlehead Pattern, 2. IMG_9092, 3. Soooo many ideas for this thing Noodlehead   divided basket pattern testers and your baskets! pattern Pattern by Noodlehead, 4. Divided Basket-Diaper Caddy, 5. From Noodle head patterns, 6. Basket, 7. Noodlehead divided basket, 8. Divided bag with ruby star sparkle, 9. Divided Basket

34 Responses to divided basket pattern testers and your baskets!

1. Jenny 02.08.2013 at 12:22 pm #

Ok, I’m in. :-)

2. Anna Veit 02.08.2013 at 12:28 pm #

Did anyone else have trouble sewing around the top with the topstitch as you finish the basket? My Singer keeps looping thread underneath? I switched to a size 14 needle, but with all the layers, it just doesn’t want to sew right?

I have several baskets done, just waiting to finish them! GREAT PATTERN. I have had so much fun making them.

• Anna 02.08.2013 at 1:47 pm #

Hi Anna,
      You might want to try just taking out the bobbin and putting it back in again, sometimes it can be as simple as that to fix.

• Anna Veit 02.09.2013 at 8:38 pm #

Thanks, I’ll try that!

3. Anna Veit 02.08.2013 at 12:30 pm #

Oops, another question. I am guessing the pattern would work if I eliminated the divider?

• Anna 02.08.2013 at 1:48 pm #

yes, you certainly can, just make sure you account for the seam allowance on each side of where the divider would normally be sewn in. :)

• Darcy 02.08.2013 at 8:50 pm #

I made one without the divider – I just used the exterior pattern piece as the lining pattern piece too and it worked out great :-)

4. gail 02.08.2013 at 1:38 pm #

thanks for letting me test, anna! your patterns are the best!! i see many more of these baskets in my future :)

5. Grandma G 02.08.2013 at 1:41 pm #

Those baskets are all so cute!! I love that there’s a divider inside. The only thing I would do differently would be to put the handles on the other sides, so that it could be carried with one hand. It might not look so much like a ‘basket’ then, but it’d be much handier to carry. I decided that after making a couple of Ayumi’s baskets. :)

• Anna 02.08.2013 at 1:48 pm #

Yep! that’s the great thing about sewing, making things just how you want them. :)

6. La Pantigana 02.08.2013 at 2:50 pm #

Muy bonitas, qué variedad

7. Sandra :) 02.08.2013 at 3:17 pm #

AAAaaah perfect timing – I had just loaded my new gift card onto my Paypal account and already had this basket on my WANT! Pinterest board – as soon as I read this post and saw all the photos I got dressed, fixed my hair and make-up and drove to the nearest store … I mean I clicked a few times and PRESTO – the pattern is downloaded – gotta love the internet! I’m going to try these for Easter baskets for the g-niece-and-nephews – thanks for another cute project to make!

8. JuneBug 02.08.2013 at 4:26 pm #

Look at all those baskets! Proof positive you’ve made another winning pattern, Anna :)

9. Susan Jonsson 02.08.2013 at 4:47 pm #

Wow….I have the pattern on my sewing table….and these examples are soooooooo fantastic. I am going to begin today! T

10. Kelly 02.08.2013 at 5:13 pm #

They all look so fabulous. Just waiting for my fabric to arrive so I can make mine. So excited!

11. DKB 02.08.2013 at 6:19 pm #

Easter baskets, what a great idea. Proof that this isn’t just another basket pattern!
    So pleased to be a tester
    Thanks Anna!

12. Stone Cottage Adventures 02.08.2013 at 6:53 pm #

‘Finishing a bassinet project right now, but hope to sew a basket or two this weekend! What an inspiring collection of baskets! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

13. Farm Quilter 02.08.2013 at 7:23 pm #

Just love your baskets!!! I need to make some for my daughter…expecting a baby in May!!! :)

14. Darcy 02.08.2013 at 8:50 pm #

So fun to be included – thanks again! And now seeing all these other cool versions has me wanting to go sew MORE of them :-)

15. Ellieboo 02.08.2013 at 10:06 pm #

I love this basket – definitely my next project

16. **nicke... 02.09.2013 at 1:35 am #

this is such a great pattern anna! i need to give it a go. i think it would be great for all the toys that are strewn around my entire house!

17. Eva 02.09.2013 at 4:35 am #

such lovely baskets! I cut and prepared my basket pieces this week, so I’m looking forward to sewing it next week! :-) It’s such a cool and versatile pattern!

18. Jess 02.09.2013 at 1:03 pm #

How does one be a pattern tester?

19. Jess 02.09.2013 at 1:06 pm #

This comment has been removed by the author.

20. charlotte 02.09.2013 at 11:26 pm #

I’ve made three so far and I love this pattern. I even up sized it to make a bit bigger one and it worked like a charm. Thanks for a great pattern and if you ever need another tester, let me know.

21. Tammy 02.11.2013 at 9:03 am #

Super cute divided bag. I really should make one of these. conn_and_vans_mom(at)yahoo(dot)com

22. blueneem T 02.13.2013 at 12:30 pm #

Blue Neem Medical Devices Pvt. Ltd. is a medical device manufacturing company providing high quality medical devices in the field of Ureteral Stents, DJ Stents, Catheters, Variceal Multiband Ligator, Stone Baskets, Turp Loops, Biliary Stents, Urology Products, Variceal Multiband Ligation, Nephrostomy Catheters, and Gastroenterology Products in India.

for more details

23. cla16e 02.13.2013 at 7:19 pm #

Hi, is the pattern for one size basket?
    If so what size does it finish?
    I’d like to do a few in different sizes that all match but as I’m new to sewing I don’t know how to resize patterns, I can just about follow one! Lol

24. Colleen 03.21.2013 at 2:22 pm #

Hi! Would love to make some of these beautiful baskets. Can a beginner sewer take this on? Thanks!

• Anna 03.21.2013 at 4:24 pm #

Yes, I do think a beginner could do this project. I think that if you have a few projects under your belt and are able to go with the swing of things, you’ll do great!

25. Stone Cottage Adventures 03.24.2013 at 4:20 pm #

I *finally* finished one! It will post tomorrow. Thanks again for a wonderful pattern! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

26. Anonymous 04.03.2013 at 7:24 pm #

If your thread is looping on the back make sure you actually have the presserfoot down. sometimes it is hard to tell that when you are sewing something so thick. Also make sure the machine is threaded correctly. any little mistake threading the machine can make a messy stitch.

27. Heidi 11.15.2013 at 11:44 am #

Is it possible to still add photos to the Flickr group, and if so, how do I do it?

• Heidi 11.15.2013 at 11:47 am #

Never mind, I just answered my own question, haha! I’m still figuring out how Flickr works.