Sophia Kids Cowl

Noodlehead   Sophia Kids Cowl knitting

Surely you must know by now that I’m crazy.  I’ve been keeping some project or another on the knitting needles since I learned how at the beginning of the year.  I’m trying to make sure I don’t forget, so I figured I might as well keep practicing!

Noodlehead   Sophia Kids Cowl knitting

I love sitting in bed and knitting, warm and cozy.  This time of year is the hardest for me to want to stay up late and get crafty.  So knitting has been this fun little adventure for me.  I can’t wait to make some leg warmers!

Noodlehead   Sophia Kids Cowl knitting

I’m trying not to build up a stash of yarns like I’ve done with fabric, ooops.  So I had ordered some Amy Butler Aran Yarn intending to make a cowl for Natalie.  She loves purple and this turned out to be the perfect project!  I was hestitant to start it, but once I got going it was really quick.  It’s the Sophia Cowl (a free tutorial) by Green Bee Patterns.  I had been oogling it ever since they shared it.

Noodlehead   Sophia Kids Cowl knitting

She loves it, wore it the WHOLE day after I finished it, and I’m glad to have one more knitting project under my belt!

Noodlehead   Sophia Kids Cowl knitting

17 Responses to Sophia Kids Cowl

1. Lauren 02.20.2013 at 7:49 am #

It’s so cute. It looks a lot like the background of the “winner” sign from the last post. Is that it? I was wondering how you made that graphic.

2. Deborah Hamilton 02.20.2013 at 8:58 am #

That’s a very pretty cowl. Your stitches look perfect.

3. ✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ 02.20.2013 at 9:29 am #

What a beautiful cowl and model! I love the color and it looks soft and snugly.

4. Megan 02.20.2013 at 9:49 am #

Look at those nice even stitches! Good job!

5. Cranberry Morning 02.20.2013 at 10:08 am #

That is SO CUTE – and so is that little model. :-)

6. molly::applecyder 02.20.2013 at 10:25 am #

You’re not crazy. But you are a very quick study, that is for sure! I think we started learning to knit at about the same time, but I am still working on my first project–a dishtowel. I love all the stolen moments of crafting that knitting allows.

7. Stitched Together 02.20.2013 at 10:40 am #

If you enjoyed that you could try the Gap-Tastic Cowl pattern. That’s a bit like this one but HUUUUUGE!!! I made one in almost exactly the same colour as yours. http://www.stitchedtogether.co.uk/2011/11/neck-warmer-extraordinaire.html

• Jenn AJennuineLife 02.21.2013 at 4:16 pm #

I’ve made a Gap-Tastic Cowl as well with super yummy Noro silk yarn (gifty from hubby). Love it!

8. kristin 02.20.2013 at 2:39 pm #

SO CUTE!! Knitting is SUPER addictive, and I agree – so nice to knit on the couch, in the car, those times when sewing is impossible. I need to start blogging my projects! I have three things knitted and nothing to show for it. Sheesh!

PS – look at little miss earrings – are those new??

9. Nienke 02.20.2013 at 8:19 pm #

Looks very cute! Like you, I also just started knitting (Sept/Oct last year) and I’m trying not to hoard yarn. Doing good so far, haha :). Have fun knitting! I haven’t properly sewn anything since getting into knitting, but now my fingers are itching to get back to sewing!

10. Jenn AJennuineLife 02.21.2013 at 4:15 pm #

I have loved watching your immersion into knitting! It’s definitely a good idea to keep the rust off the needles – I knitted a hat after too long a break from it and knitted into the back of each stitch creating an unintentional ridge and slight twist. Not bad looking, but not what the pattern called for!

11. Dahlia 02.21.2013 at 7:04 pm #

Cute! Jeremy’s grandma showed us how to crochet while she lived with us this summer…it’s been fun making all sorts of stuff, especially since it’s so portable :) Nice work Anna!

12. Dahlia 02.21.2013 at 7:07 pm #

This comment has been removed by the author.

13. Delia 02.22.2013 at 2:51 am #

Lovely Anna! Natalie is such a beauty too. Are the pierced ears new?

14. Jo Ann 02.22.2013 at 10:56 am #

Your knitting looks great! Beautiful even stitches!

15. Simple Simon & Co 02.26.2013 at 11:18 am #

This is so beautiful! I love the purple….

16. **nicke... 03.06.2013 at 11:34 am #

this has got to be the cutest little thing for the cutest little girl! i think my daughter would love one so much! i must learn to knit!