in the works

While we’re waiting for spring to come to Wisconsin, I’ve been pretty busy working on a few things.  Although I should admit that I took a break this week and watched The Walking Dead on Netflix.  That show is creepy, but I couldn’t stop watching, it was like a train wreck.

Noodlehead   in the works uncategorized

I’ve got a few plans to make some spring clothes.  Some for me, some for the girls.

Noodlehead   in the works uncategorized

Maybe even a few things for Kids Clothes Week.  I am totally in love with this book I purchased from Miss Matatabi last week.  I spotted her using it when Cherie from You & Mei hosted her awesome Japanese Sewing Book series.  I even sat down with the girls and tried to pick out things that they might actually want me to make them.  Natalie picked out a headband, go figure.

Noodlehead   in the works uncategorized

I’ve also got a pattern coming up maybe by the end of the month.  I’ll show a preview next week when I’ll be joining in on blog hop for the Collage collection by Carrie of Such Designs for Windham.

Noodlehead   in the works uncategorized

And this little pile is just waiting to be turned into a quilt.  I’ve almost started it several times.

Noodlehead   in the works uncategorized

Oh, and do any of you do Project Life?  I’ve been seriously considering starting up now that I finally printed off Emily’s first year of baby pictures.  I got these cute journaling cards from Dearest Someday, they’re beautiful!

20 Responses to in the works

1. amy 04.12.2013 at 11:38 am #

That book looks awesome!!! Can’t wait to see what you make! 😊

2. amandajean 04.12.2013 at 12:13 pm #

It’s fun to see what you are dreaming up next. Start the quilt, start the quilt!! Happy Friday Anna!

3. Vanessa 04.12.2013 at 12:40 pm #

I was thinking of getting that book too – looks like there’s a bunch of useable patterns in it! Can’t wait to see what your next pattern is :)

No Project Life-ing here but yesterday I found myself unplugging and stashing my EHD in the middle of a big storm and realized that if something were to happen to it and my computer, I’d have almost no photos of Syd. I have GOT to start printing photos….

4. Karin - The F Girl 04.12.2013 at 1:04 pm #

That book looks great. And the project life projects I see around the internet sound like so much fun and like such beautiful ways to keep your memories. I look forward to seeing what you’ll be making!

5. Sew Much Ado 04.12.2013 at 3:12 pm #

As usual we’re on the same timeline for a new pattern, hehe! The end of the month is my deadline too (although it was also the end of last month, which obviously didn’t happen :)). I can’t wait to see your’s! And those books look awesome, I’ve always wanted to try a Japanese pattern but never have! Guess I’ll get to live through your projects :).

6. Jen@thecraftingfiend 04.12.2013 at 3:33 pm #

looove the walking dead – and I have had the stylish dress book on my amazon wish list for months now! please post pictures of anything you make and what you think of it!!

7. Katy Cameron 04.12.2013 at 4:21 pm #

Have fun with the sewing :o) That kids’ book looks amazing, although I’m all out of kids to sew for!

8. Jenny 04.12.2013 at 4:45 pm #

I’ve bought an album and some sleeves to do faux Project Life. I’m still trying to muster up the energy to order the photos. I used to scrapbook back in the day, when it was super hot and I lived in a big LDS community. I really loved it, but boy did it get out of hand. I could not keep up. Sandpapering your stuff and rubbing ink on the edges, sheesh. I’m super excited about PL, though — Becky was the Rock Star even back then — I just need to make an appointment to jump in with both feet.

Trying to decide whether to round my edges. I have never rounded an edge in my life, always hated it, but I think it looks nice in the PL stuff! But I’m worried about years from now, perhaps needing to scan a photo, wondering why the heck I did that. (First world problems.)

9. Anna 04.12.2013 at 5:35 pm #

Mmmm!!! Tienen buena pinta estos libros.
    Anna

10. JuneBug 04.12.2013 at 8:16 pm #

Walking dead?! Really?! Ha, we all have our vices ;)

I love the Japanese sewing books you seem to discover… my mom just brought be back an… asian (japanese? taiwanese?) sewing magazine and I have yet to crack it open. You’re motivating me, as usual!

11. c h o c o l a t e h e d g e h o g 04.12.2013 at 9:07 pm #

Hi Anna,
    Quick q. What’s the mustard print that has tiny arrows on the bottom of your quilt pile? It looks delicious!
    Cheers,
    Rosey

• Anna 05.05.2013 at 9:56 pm #

It’s Field Study by Anna Maria Horner. :)

12. Dalya 04.12.2013 at 9:07 pm #

Haha! I love The Walking Dead! It’s gotten a little dramatic with the current season that just ended ;D

The books look amazing and I am eyeballing the stack of fabric for the quilt!

As always, cannot wait to see released patterns or inspiring posts! (Gotta make myself that skinny pincushion, makes so much sense!)

13. Truly Myrtle 04.13.2013 at 6:46 am #

I’ve got that first book – haven’t made anything out of it yet though…. soon I hope :)
    I love the red fabric you’ve chosen – that’s gotta make you feel cheerful. And a bit glamorous.

14. kristin 04.13.2013 at 10:51 am #

Great stuff in the works, Anna! Good comparison of Walking Dead to a train wreck. I find myself yelling at the screen a lot with that show (WHY DID YOU OPEN THAT CAR DOOR WITHOUT YOUR WEAPON HANDY, OF COURSE A ZOMBIE IS IN THERE!!!) but can’t stop watching. ;)

15. Cirque Du Bebe 04.15.2013 at 1:42 am #

I spy some Nani Iro…that double gauze so lovely and soft. I’ve been eyeing that book off too. Be interested to see what you think of it and what you make of course! x

16. Jessica at Me Sew Crazy 04.17.2013 at 8:52 am #

I love those squares together, your simplistic look is always so visually stunning. I always wish I could get a bit more of that look into my style. Just gorgeous Anna, as always.

17. Melody Adams 04.18.2013 at 12:21 am #

I looove The Walking Dead! Yay zombie silliness!

18. Natasha Klein 05.05.2013 at 9:29 am #

Hi I was wondering if the Japanese lesson book was easy for u to follow? Were the diagrams and pictures enough to figure out how to sew the item? Thanks