another scoop top

Noodlehead   another scoop top sewing with knits

Scoop Top, it rocks.  I made another!  This time I had gotten a super soft knit from Girl Charlee.  It’s dreamy.

Pretty much the same as last time.  I love how quick this shirt is to sew.  I kind of feel spoiled with knits. I finished this one morning and wore it the rest of the day, just like last time.  Now it’s been washed and I’m ready to wear it again!

Noodlehead   another scoop top sewing with knits

Instead of hemming the sleeves this time I just added another band, similar to how the neckline is finished.

Noodlehead   another scoop top sewing with knits

Gotta love it!

Hope you had a great weekend.  It’s been rain rain rain for days here, come on sun!

Tutorial: Scoop Top by Skirt as Top
Fabric: Girl Charlee

16 Responses to another scoop top

1. Amanda 05.29.2013 at 8:18 am #

Lovely! It looks so comfy! We’re in Iowa and it’s been SO rainy here too. I’ve wanted to make this top but am nervous, big people clothes still scare me! :)

• Anonymous 06.01.2013 at 2:45 pm #

haha so true. im starting simple making things for my son but i have a fear to do my own shirt!

2. Truly Myrtle 05.29.2013 at 10:37 am #

I’m yet to try one of these but it looks great. I love the armband variation. Must do it :)

3. dandeliondrift 05.29.2013 at 10:40 am #

I love the arm band idea! This pattern is great…I’ve made one so far and plan to make many more!

4. Jenny 05.29.2013 at 11:18 am #

It is really cute, but I can tell you need to take in the side seams a little bit to flatter your waist better. I’m not talking super fitted, but just a bit! It obscures how tiny you are.

• Anna 05.29.2013 at 11:56 am #

true! I didn’t even notice that until I look at the pictures again. :)

5. kristin 05.29.2013 at 11:28 am #

Smart smart lady, I love the arm bands! It looks awesome! And I’d agree with Jenny up there – the more I’m seeing it sewn, the more I’m realizing the pattern is closer to a medium and you’re definitely a small! But hey, everyone likes their shirts to fit a bit differently, and drapey is good sometimes too, right? Just even more comfortable that way! ;)

• Anna 05.29.2013 at 11:56 am #

I think it’s the horizontal stripes too! ha! It’s weird, I do have a bigger waist proportionally to my hips though.

6. Vanessa 05.29.2013 at 2:26 pm #

AH! That is so cute! I really like the bands on the sleeves too – good idea!

7. Cindy 05.29.2013 at 9:11 pm #

Really cute, Anna! Everything you make looks adorable on you! Love the idea for the sleeves!

8. Cirque Du Bebe 05.29.2013 at 9:25 pm #

Oh cuteness! I like the scooped hem at the back. Did the other one have that? Probably why it’s called the scooped top isn’t it…der!

9. Kelly O. 05.29.2013 at 10:44 pm #

I love what you did to the sleeves! Cute!

10. Roslyn@Sew Delicious 05.30.2013 at 6:09 am #

Looks great! I’m keen to sew more with knits, I’ll have to check out Girl Charlee. I think the shape of this tee would really work for me so I’ll give it a go!

11. Dianne Mitzel 05.30.2013 at 5:25 pm #

You look really great in this shirt! that neckline is neat, and love how you finished the sleeves…instant gratification, that’s the best feeling!

12. Franziska 06.03.2013 at 1:49 am #

it looks great. I’m glad to tread that you enjoy sewing with knits. I sewed some pants for my little one and had a lot of trouble. My sewing machine missed stitches, the upper thread broke… I played around with thread tension, put a new needle in there (special needles), had quality thread and used an overlock stitch on my machine. I reduced the foot pressure. But I didn’t find out what went wrong. Any tips?

13. Janet Jin 07.23.2013 at 12:43 pm #

Hi Anna,

Super cute tee shirt! I just love how simple it is. :)

Thank you for sharing and the mention.

~Janet http://www.girlcharlee.com/