my quilt – 2

Noodlehead   my quilt   2 quilting

I had to make another ‘my quilt‘ again after I spotted this lovely Anna Maria Horner Field Study fabric (Sinister Swarm in Flour).  These beautiful shot cottons immediately drew me in.  After all the Super Tote sewing I needed some quilting action, quick!

Noodlehead   my quilt   2 quilting

I love how it turned out.  The loopy quilting was so fun.  I always think of Jeni when I see loopy quilting!  She’s the loop queen!  Plus I finished the whole quilt in just the weekend, not bad for a big one!

Noodlehead   my quilt   2 quilting
Noodlehead   my quilt   2 quilting

So this stack sat and waited patiently for me until I was ready.  I had the yellow (Coordinates in Saffron) fabric for another project, but I’m so glad that I used it for the backing.  I think mostly the back will be on display and maybe just the butterfly front when it’s spring and summer – but who knows!

Noodlehead   my quilt   2 quilting

I’m also really really excited to finish my little side project of refinishing this Jenny Lind bed so I can use it!  It’s only primed at this point.  I think it might just get painted white, but I might get a little crazy and paint it a coral or turquoise.  Open to suggestions!  ♥

Noodlehead   my quilt   2 quilting

Finished quilt measures: 72″ wide x 86″ long, perfect for the double bed
Little tutorial here.
Fabrics:  Anna Maria Horner Field Study, Kaffe Fassett Shot Cottons (including binding)

Noodlehead   my quilt   2 quilting

45 Responses to my quilt – 2

1. cateoh 05.15.2013 at 8:00 am #

oooo, it’s beautiful! I had been wondering about making a doona cover and pillow slips for my bed using AMH linen, and now I know what a very good idea that would be!

2. Tammy Vasser 05.15.2013 at 8:31 am #

It’s wonderful! Absolutely wonderful! I’ve always felt that AMH fabrics are lovely left in large cuts. Go crazy and paint your JL bed turquoise! What a stunning combo with that quilt! Thank sor sharing!!

3. Mandy B 05.15.2013 at 8:55 am #

Gorgeous! I really like the color combos.

Mandy
    Nestled in Nostalgia

4. Carol Stearns 05.15.2013 at 9:12 am #

What a way to redecorate! How about some window treatments?

5. Lisa Mather 05.15.2013 at 9:43 am #

Beautiful!

6. Deborah Hamilton 05.15.2013 at 9:44 am #

I really like the design of your quilt, especially the butterflies. Both sides are pretty!

7. Mary on Lake Pulaski 05.15.2013 at 9:49 am #

Great quilt Anna!

8. Palak 05.15.2013 at 10:01 am #

gorgeous quilt– I vote turquoise; it will be fabulous, and set of your quilt just swimmingly. can’t wait to see the bed finished!

9. gail 05.15.2013 at 10:02 am #

gorgeous, anna. those colors are so yummy. i’m obsessed with the turquoise jenny lind bed from land of nod, i vote turquoise!

10. Rachel at Stitched in Color 05.15.2013 at 10:04 am #

How cool is that bed! You know I did an aqua shelf and I am in love with how it turned out. If you want to – go for it!

11. MeganW 05.15.2013 at 10:14 am #

can i vote coral?! that’d make such an awesome wow! in the room. :)

12. holly | bijou lovely 05.15.2013 at 10:49 am #

Gorgeous quilt Anna! It looks so nice on your bed. I’m jealous of your Jenny Lind bed!! I vote you paint it coral :)

13. Esther Morales Marron 05.15.2013 at 10:49 am #

muyyy bonito…enhorabuena por tu trabajo.

14. Anonymous 05.15.2013 at 10:59 am #

I vote to paint the bed goldenrod, which would be lovely with the quilt backing, and bright and cheery.

15. Mandie Segura 05.15.2013 at 11:27 am #

Two of my favorite fabric lines! I love field study and those shot cottons come home with me at every chance!! ALso? I love that bed! We’re actually buying the Jenny Lind crib for our little one soon and I have to admit that I sortof want to paint it yellow, but I’m not sure how my husband feels.

16. Kristen 05.15.2013 at 11:42 am #

Oh my, it’s perfect! Gorgeous fabrics. Love the Jenny Lind bed, too–I just repainted one in Tomato Red. Bold, and fabulous. :)

17. Darcy 05.15.2013 at 11:52 am #

Which do I love more, the quilt or the bed? Such a tough call! Both awesome :-)

18. Jess@craftiness is not optional 05.15.2013 at 12:46 pm #

gorgeous gorgeous!! Paint it turquoise!

19. Katy Cameron 05.15.2013 at 2:28 pm #

Sometimes simple is the best, love that focal print

20. Jenny 05.15.2013 at 4:21 pm #

I love this. Aren’t we just stupid, those of us who say, “Someday I’ll work up to making a bed quilt”?

21. Maureen Cracknell Handmade 05.15.2013 at 5:23 pm #

I love everything I am seeing here! Beautiful!!!

22. Julia 05.15.2013 at 6:50 pm #

I absolutely love this quilt and I also love the first one you made. I love your thought behind them in making it just for you and I love that it looks like a quilt without looking to dated. Very nicely done. I think I just might have to make one for my bed. Oh yeah and I love the binding!

23. Laurel 05.15.2013 at 7:03 pm #

In love with your new quilt!! It’s just perfect. The bed is great too – I vote coral!

24. Falafel and the Bee 05.15.2013 at 11:26 pm #

That is one of the most beautiful quilts EVER!
    I think your bed would look awesome in turquoise or teal to go with the quilt binding.

25. Emily 05.16.2013 at 2:05 am #

This is really beautiful!

26. Truly Myrtle 05.16.2013 at 5:27 am #

I love it! It’s so lovely and fresh and modern. I have to make one some day – totally inspired!
    The bed! Fantastic. I actually love it white – the bedding just shines :)

27. MadameRenard 05.16.2013 at 7:47 am #

So lovely!!! :)

28. Cindy 05.16.2013 at 7:57 am #

Your quilt is beautiful!! I love the colors! Thanks for sharing the tutorial! Your bed would look adorable in coral or turquoise- I say turquoise!:) That’s funny- I gave my old Jenny Lind bed to my daughter- I never thought about painting it!

29. Kelly O. 05.16.2013 at 3:27 pm #

I love this mix of colours!! I think I might use this fabric as the inspiration for one of your baskets! Oh the sewing you inspire me to do!

30. melissa 05.17.2013 at 6:24 pm #

Gorgeous! I love the colors and large panels, they give the quilt a more modern feel without sacrificing warmth and coziness. And I think the bed would look awesome in turquoise, especially with the quilt. If you get bored of it later, you can always paint it a new color :)

31. Kari 05.19.2013 at 12:31 am #

Love, love, love it!! Hmmm… maybe I need to make another quilt soon. And I vote coral, but it’s one of my favorite colors so I’m a little biased.

32. KellyLeaSews 05.19.2013 at 10:54 am #

It is beautiful, and I really like the first one you made too! I’d like to try a quilt like this- I have only made one quilt (for my mom) and it took me 9 months…yikes! I like the simple and modern design of this one :) And I definitely vote for color for the bed!

33. Jeni 05.20.2013 at 10:09 pm #

Ahhhck! It turned out so perfect! And that mustard print got used up after all! ;) The quilting is awesome!

34. Anne Marie 05.21.2013 at 8:14 am #

I absolutely LOVE this quilt, the combination of fabrics & the colours! Beautiful! I want to make one too.

35. DKB 05.21.2013 at 8:42 am #

So great, the original was one of my faves as well

36. Sarah 05.21.2013 at 9:36 pm #

Love how it looks layered with the black and white quilt. Nice!

37. kristin 05.22.2013 at 3:04 am #

I love your quilts, Anna! This is so wonderful. I’m starting to catch the quilting bug again, myself.

38. Dianne Mitzel 05.26.2013 at 6:09 pm #

love your newest quilt with butterflies…what a great quick way to have a soft snuggly quilt in a weekend..that’s what I’ll do next, a light summery quilt in a fabric I’ve hated to cut up..thanks for the inspiration..love your quilting also, did you do this on a regular machine, or longarm..?
    diannemitzel1@hotmail.com

39. Rose 05.27.2013 at 10:08 pm #

Just totally beautiful

40. Cheryl S 07.04.2013 at 11:40 am #

This is beautiful! Did you find it better for the backing to create the large piece stitching 2 vertical pieces or 2-3 horizontal pieces? Thanks!

• Anna 07.08.2013 at 9:40 am #

Hey Cheryl! I used to vertical pieces (it was 5 yards cut into 2.5 yard cuts). It should be less fabric than doing it horizontally I think, but I could be wrong. :)

41. Margaret 08.10.2013 at 1:00 am #

Hi Anna, love this quilt. Do you know offhand what the shot cotton colors are that you used?

• Anna 08.12.2013 at 11:55 am #

yes,Latte, Clementine and Jade! :) Had taken a picture of the bolts of fabric so I could remember.

42. Catherine (Cate) Boeth 12.02.2014 at 12:23 am #

Hi! I know this is an old post, but I am trying to piece together enough of the Sinister Swarm Flour fabric to back a quilt for my teenaged daughter, who has been in and out of hospitals since August. She saw it over my shoulder when I was reading your blog posting and admiring your quilt and said, “THAT’S IT!!!” Since that time I have searched everywhere. I would even be willing to buy your scraps if you have any. I am not a collector, I am just trying to surprise her by doing the impossible…I got divorced right before Field Study came out and went for a couple years before I could quilt again — both because of space and because I couldn’t focus. So I completely missed some great fabric launches, and this was one! In any case, any help you could give me would be so greatly appreciated…Thank you for posting…and your work is beautiful.

Cheers, Cate Boeth

• Anna Graham 12.07.2014 at 4:38 pm #

Hi Cate,
      I’m sorry I don’t have any left, most of my scraps go to a couple friends who love to sew with scraps. Hope you can track some down somewhere!